2022 College Football Playoff National Championship Game: #1 Alabama vs #3 Georgia

Amazing talent on these 2 teams.  From my vantage point, ND is about 1/2 way there.  Just think about how Georgia destroyed Mich who was a good team themselves and that illustrates how much talent is needed to compete at the elite level.  

9 hours ago, Mike said:

Tonight was a thing of beauty.

College Football Championship GIF by ESPN

Fire him!  Where’s the outrage at with Saban’s anger management problems?  People blew up on BK all the time. I want the outrage of him being on National TV and him losing his cool. 

2 hours ago, 4thand1 said:

Amazing talent on these 2 teams.  From my vantage point, ND is about 1/2 way there.  Just think about how Georgia destroyed Mich who was a good team themselves and that illustrates how much talent is needed to compete at the elite level.  

Look at the 5 stars and top 100 talent on both teams. ND is 3-4 classes away, along with a great QB. 

Something needs to change, whether that is tossing money at players or something else… until then ND won’t sniff a NC. 

9 minutes ago, ndomer4 said:

Look at the 5 stars and top 100 talent on both teams. ND is 3-4 classes away, along with a great QB. 

Something needs to change, whether that is tossing money at players or something else… until then ND won’t sniff a NC. 

Well. Both Saban and Smart are crying about the NIL rules. So, that tells me it must be leveling the playing field a little. 

32 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Well. Both Saban and Smart are crying about the NIL rules. So, that tells me it must be leveling the playing field a little. 

I think it will level the playing field for teams in the top of the market. Bama and Georgia won't be able to pull a Weis and just show off their bling to attract recruits, they are going to have to open their wallets too. For the Boise States and Wyomings of the world, it is going to drain their talent entirely. Those schools are going to become the new Junior Colleges as their decent talent transfers out after an incubation.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, coltssb said:

There's a guy on a podcast who keeps saying that Saban is giving everyone "fair warning" that he will own recruiting even more if NIL doesn't have some guard rails.  I see it the way you do.  I think the reason he's being so vocal so early about it is to raise the red flag about it getting out of hand, because he already sees that it very well might help level the playing field.

3 hours ago, drakan said:

It's brings schools with mega boosters like Texas back into the fold

For sure Texas will be back, as long as they get the coach right. I saw something about them guaranteeing contracts for o line commits ($50000), but could have been more. I actually think it will be good for college football but will eventually lead to the power 5 breaking off from the group of 5. 

Lets all hope ND is willing to open up the cheque book ala A&M. 

5 hours ago, ndomer4 said:

All you need to do is look at both sides of both of their lines last night and it was obvious they are playing a different sport. They are built differently; they look like NFL lines. 

The differences in DBs are even more stark. Outside of Hamilton, I don't think ND has had another guy who could play at either of those schools in the last 3-4 years (maybe love); you may as well add Clemson and tO$U to that as well. We're just not good enough athletically. I pray Freeman remedies this. 

• Heart 2

18 minutes ago, DamshaBua said:

All you need to do is look at both sides of both of their lines last night and it was obvious they are playing a different sport. They are built differently; they look like NFL lines. 

The differences in DBs are even more stark. Outside of Hamilton, I don't think ND has had another guy who could play at either of those schools in the last 3-4 years (maybe love); you may as well add Clemson and tO$U to that as well. We're just not good enough athletically. I pray Freeman remedies this. 

I at first agreed. But thinking about this. Bama didn’t look great offensively after there two 5 star receivers were injured. Even there 5 star corner hurt them. They looked like ND pretty much. Struggled to score and gave up big passes when there back ups came in. The reason they are good is because of those guys. But when they are gone, it’s a different story. 

3 hours ago, NDNorm said:

There's a guy on a podcast who keeps saying that Saban is giving everyone "fair warning" that he will own recruiting even more if NIL doesn't have some guard rails.  I see it the way you do.  I think the reason he's being so vocal so early about it is to raise the red flag about it getting out of hand, because he already sees that it very well might help level the playing field.

I am on the side of the podcaster. Saban has shown an ability to stay ahead of the curve for over a decade. I have not seen anything to suggest that won't continue. If Metchie and Williams don't get hurt, he's probably celebrating right now.

I don't think he's scared--i think it's a warning. It's also possible he's drumming up more cash from the boosters.