Rivals' Under the Dome is coming to an end

Mike
This post was recognized by Mike!

1Redrum was awarded 10 points.

I visit this board and Rivals / Blue and Gold site and post on their Under the Dome free board. Looks like it is coming to an end.  If anybody posts over there please encourage the good posters on that site to try Domer Domain!

Go Irish!

• Trophy 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, 1Redrum said:

I visit this board and Rivals / Blue and Gold site and post on their Under the Dome free board. Looks like it is coming to an end.  If anybody posts over there please encourage the good posters on that site to try Domer Domain!

Go Irish!

Is it just their their free board which is ending?

1 hour ago, 1Redrum said:

Go Irish!

Thank you for the plug over there, @1Redrum. It's greatly appreciated. I made a comment echoing your statements, but I hope it doesn't come across as spam. It's really a shame how little time / notice they're being given about the future, so they can decide where to chat with fellow Notre Dame fans & alumni.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Is it just their their free board which is ending?

Not sure to be honest. They have not been that clear.  I have been on that board for 20 years and posting for 10. It is the board where I know or used to know alot of people, most good but of course some bad.  Domer Domain for me was always more about the recruiting board as I liked that it had its own place and the way posters here treat it.  Hopefully Mike will draw some of the good posters over here to check out Domer Domain. 

• Heart 1

I can’t remeber which location had Mike Frank, but he really made me bitter when he tried to claim folks were infringing on his business by talking about Notre Dame news or recruiting news as if he had a monopoly on it, rather than adjust to a proper business model.

My first was NDNation & UHND.  Then, both became ridiculous so I went to IrishEnvy but they quickly changed formats which was not quite as user friendly.  Fortunately, I found Domer Domain and have been here for over 15 years…

• Heart 3

9 minutes ago, Zorich 88 said:

Hello, coming over from Rivals Blue Gold

I have been posting there for 16 years. I look forward to talking ND football with everyone.

Thanks for checking out Domer Domain! You'll find that it's a great group here. If you have any questions, requests, or feedback, feel free to reach out! :lepreachaun:

6 hours ago, irishwavend said:

I can’t remeber which location had Mike Frank, but he really made me bitter when he tried to claim folks were infringing on his business by talking about Notre Dame news or recruiting news as if he had a monopoly on it, rather than adjust to a proper business model.

My first was NDNation & UHND.  Then, both became ridiculous so I went to IrishEnvy but they quickly changed formats which was not quite as user friendly.  Fortunately, I found Domer Domain and have been here for over 15 years…

Ah yes the good ole days of Irish Envy, I remember posting there and lurking here until I made the switch.  

• Heart 1

On 12/29/2021 at 1:28 PM, 1Redrum said:

Not sure to be honest. They have not been that clear.  I have been on that board for 20 years and posting for 10. It is the board where I know or used to know alot of people, most good but of course some bad.  Domer Domain for me was always more about the recruiting board as I liked that it had its own place and the way posters here treat it.  Hopefully Mike will draw some of the good posters over here to check out Domer Domain. 

I don’t know about the free board, but Blue and Gold and its writers are moving to On3 on Jan. 1.

There will still be a ND Rivals site, though, and it’ll be staffed by Eric Hanson and Tyler James on Jan. 1.

2 minutes ago, ColinKSU said:

I don’t know about the free board, but Blue and Gold and its writers are moving to On3 on Jan. 1.

There will still be a ND Rivals site, though, and it’ll be staffed by Eric Hanson and Tyler James on Jan. 1.

I've been following along over there. I'm glad that there's some clarity behind it now. Hopefully some of them give Domer Domain a chance, but if things remain in-place for them over at the ND Rivals site, then I'm happy for their posters.