2023 Notre Dame Recruiting Prospects

We really need a jolt in our offensive recruiting, so hopefully that will come in the spring and we can get some kids on campus.

I just sorted  on Rivals by our offers by position, and it looks like we are cool on most of our offers on O.  I realize Rivals is slow in updating status (warm, cool, etc.) But the kids with the most interest seem to be the lowest ranked of our offers (e.g. Irvin as a commit is our lowest ranked RB offer out).

At WR, Tate is 3rd, but we are in a battle there.  At OL, Proctor is highest ranked, but we will be battling everyone for his services.  While I like Flanagan, he is currently the lowest ranked TE offered and we've discussed QB before as Moore or bust, then quite a drop-off until Johnson.

On 2/13/2022 at 1:54 PM, D Fence said:

We really need a jolt in our offensive recruiting, so hopefully that will come in the spring and we can get some kids on campus.

I just sorted  on Rivals by our offers by position, and it looks like we are cool on most of our offers on O.  I realize Rivals is slow in updating status (warm, cool, etc.) But the kids with the most interest seem to be the lowest ranked of our offers (e.g. Irvin as a commit is our lowest ranked RB offer out).

At WR, Tate is 3rd, but we are in a battle there.  At OL, Proctor is highest ranked, but we will be battling everyone for his services.  While I like Flanagan, he is currently the lowest ranked TE offered and we've discussed QB before as Moore or bust, then quite a drop-off until Johnson.

Do you want the staff to just take mediocre players? When you go after big fish it takes time. Wide receivers will not come on board  till the QB picks a team. Bama has 1 recruit a safety OSU 4 recruits tight end o line and 2 defense guys and Clemson has 1 recruit. If you want them to recruit like Brian Kelly they are not so you need to get used to a later timeframe for kids jumping on board. 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Jburkdd12 said:

Do you want the staff to just take mediocre players? When you go after big fish it takes time. Wide receivers will not come on board  till the QB picks a team. Bama has 1 recruit a safety OSU 4 recruits tight end o line and 2 defense guys and Clemson has 1 recruit. If you want them to recruit like Brian Kelly they are not so you need to get used to a later timeframe for kids jumping on board. 

No, not saying we need to the mediocre players, only hoping that we start getting offensive studs on campus in the Spring.  The other dynamic that I didn't mention in my post, which likely has a lot to do with this, too, is that we have so many new coaches on offense (OL, TE, WR and RB),  so it takes time to develop relationships.  Hope they can start working their magic and getting kids to visit as well.

Great to see the commits getting involved and I think it's a big deal.  Recruits need to feel wanted and that the player bonds will be strong. Especially good to see Bowen getting involved.  I was a bit worried when I saw that he visited Okla.

10 hours ago, 4thand1 said:

Great to see the commits getting involved and I think it's a big deal.  Recruits need to feel wanted and that the player bonds will be strong. Especially good to see Bowen getting involved.  I was a bit worried when I saw that he visited Okla.

The tweets are form Drayk Bowen it was Peyton that took the trip to Oklahoma.