ND Basketball - ACC Play

ND has now won three games in a row after beating Wake Forest tonight. They are 7-9, 4-6 after starting 0-5 in ACC play. Good turnaround brought about by much better defense. The only decent team they’ve beaten is Pitt over the weekend, but wins are wins.

Georgia Tech this weekend, followed by Duke and Miami next week. ND has a real shot to win those three and get to above .500.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Typical 29-5 run and counting. When does Brey go?

They can’t handle the press. You never pressed breys good teams in the past because they broke it easily and would make You pay. This team keeps throwing the ball in the corner. Ryan is beyond weak with the ball on the press and hubb panics.

One time throwing the ball in the corner is on the players. Every time after that is on the coaches. 4 defenders against 3 ND offensive players and they didn't look up the floor nor did the 2 players in the back flash to the ball. Honestly, we all know they should have been better prepared for the press after blowing the Georgia Tech game.

That second half was just embarrassing. There must have been a dozen things they did poorly besides handling the press extremely bad. I live in Syracuse so friends had the Syracuse radio announcers on as we watched it. The radio announcers were even laughing at ND.....completely embarrassing!!!

That second half was just embarrassing. There must have been a dozen things they did poorly besides handling the press extremely bad. I live in Syracuse so friends had the Syracuse radio announcers on as we watched it. The radio announcers were even laughing at ND.....completely embarrassing!!!

Wrong. It was completely the press. They didn’t start losing their lead until Syracuse started the press. It was the same story at Georgia Tech.

Wrong. It was completely the press. They didn’t start losing their lead until Syracuse started the press. It was the same story at Georgia Tech.

Did you watch that game? Yes they s*cked handling the press as I said. But you don’t blow a 20 pt second half lead because you turn the ball over 2 or three times because of the press. Wake up they are NOT a well coached team.

Their defense s*cked in second half, you can’t give Buddy wide open 3s. They got lazy on defense. Syracuse had open or easy shots for most of the second half.

They were out of position rebounding in second half. ND first half rebounding advantage disappeared in 2Q.

Offense.....or should I say what offense....in the first have they worked the ball. Got Durham inside on several dunks . Or had multiple open three. Second half what the h*ll. They thought they were in the NBA.

I could go on and on and on and on. Syracuse is known for their defense/ press would someone tell Brey. That old fart Jim Boeheim ( I think he is 75) proved he has forgotten more then Brey knows. Boeheim made adjustments and NDs response was to look like lost children. What the F.......ND was all around out coached and played in that second half.

Did you watch that game? Yes they s*cked handling the press as I said. But you don’t blow a 20 pt second half lead because you turn the ball over 2 or three times because of the press. Wake up they are NOT a well coached team.

Their defense s*cked in second half, you can’t give Buddy wide open 3s. They got lazy on defense. Syracuse had open or easy shots for most of the second half.

They were out of position rebounding in second half. ND first half rebounding advantage disappeared in 2Q.

Offense.....or should I say what offense....in the first have they worked the ball. Got Durham inside on several dunks . Or had multiple open three. Second half what the h*ll. They thought they were in the NBA.

I could go on and on and on and on. Syracuse is known for their defense/ press would someone tell Brey. That old fart Jim Boeheim ( I think he is 75) proved he has forgotten more then Brey knows. Boeheim made adjustments and NDs response was to look like lost children. What the F.......ND was all around out coached and played in that second half.

Of course I watched the game. They had more than one or two turnovers because of the press. They also allowed the press to speed them up and get them completely out of their offensive rhythm. If they would have broken the press like they should have, and made easy baskets or gotten into their set offense, they would have won the game bad defense and all. Like I said the same thing happened at Georgia Tech as soon as the Yellow Jackets ratcheted up the full court press.

Plus, who said they were well coached? no one. Lol. but you also have to blame the players as well. Brey has had teams in the past that would obliterate the press. These current players just melt down and panic when pressed. Sure coaching plays a part, but it's not all of it.

Of course I watched the game. They had more than one or two turnovers because of the press. They also allowed the press to speed them up and get them completely out of their offensive rhythm. If they would have broken the press like they should have, and made easy baskets or gotten into their set offense, they would have won the game bad defense and all. Like I said the same thing happened at Georgia Tech as soon as the Yellow Jackets ratcheted up the full court press.

Plus, who said they were well coached? no one. Lol. but you also have to blame the players as well. Brey has had teams in the past that would obliterate the press. These current players just melt down and panic when pressed. Sure coaching plays a part, but it's not all of it.

Even when they got the ball pass half court ND never got into their offense. You can make all the excuses you want for Brey but most would argue ND has more talent then Syracuse. I seen SU play multiple times this year. They have two slow guards (Buddy & Joe) who can’t defend against my mother. Sure they can shot but only if they are left open. There forwards (Griffin & Dolezak) are undersized and just average players. And they seriously do not have a center, he been hurt all year. If ND can’t beat that team there is something wrong. Defend him all you want but Brey must go NOW !

Even when they got the ball pass half court ND never got into their offense. You can make all the excuses you want for Brey but most would argue ND has more talent then Syracuse. I seen SU play multiple times this year. They have two slow guards (Buddy & Joe) who can’t defend against my mother. Sure they can shot but only if they are left open. There forwards (Griffin & Dolezak) are undersized and just average players. And they seriously do not have a center, he been hurt all year. If ND can’t beat that team there is something wrong. Defend him all you want but Brey must go NOW !

Well, not sure you read my post but that's ok. I am far from a Brey apologist. :rofl:

Just watched ND get destroyed by Louisville.

Ivey needs to get much tougher with her players. The difference in toughness between Walz and how he coached his players vs Ivey was huge. They out hustled ND all game long.

Ivey also has to get on the refs. ND got a ton of lousy calls, which Ivey should have been all over the refs.

Miles is already the most important player. If she develops a reliable outside shot she’s going to be a superstar.

Brunelle can’t defend post players. She needs to lose 20 lbs and be a perimeter player. That said, at least she can score consistently. With the proper S&C and development she could be much better in the next two years.

Not impressed at all by People’s. She can’t shoot. She’s a garbage points player. Trouble is, she can’t shoot free throws.

Westbeld will get better, but she’s not ready to play with premier post players. She needs to get stronger and quicker. She’s only a fresh. So, it’s up to Ivey to bring out her talent.

Walker is a good athlete with poor basketball skills. She’s not going anywhere professionally.

Gilbert is simply not athletic enough. She’s a 2nd tier player.

Mabrey is too streaky to be a full time starter if ND is going to be elite

Citron better have Miles type potential if ND wants to sniff the Elite 8

Overall, McGraw had a lot of recruiting misses during a period when ND should have really loaded up on talent. Ivey has got to get some superstars and coach her players harder. If she doesn’t, it could be a long time before ND is relevant again.

Edited by Frankus

After watching that disaster I want to hear from those that think we shouldn’t trash Brey. To give up 94 points to BC what a joke ND has become. Thank God the season is over now they won’t embarrass themselves again

You can trash Brey all you want. I've done my fair share of it in the past, but have you met Jack Swarbrick. A long time ago I came to grips with the fact that Brey is going nowhere until he wants to. It's that simple.