ND Basketball - ACC Play

ND drops to 0-2 in the ACC with a 66-57 loss to UVA at Purcell Pavilion. Hubb and Ryan were absolutely awful, going a combined 1-12 FG and 0-9 3PT. Durham played the best I’ve seen him play in a ND uniform, finishing with 19 points in 7-11 FG. Laszewski was the player of the game for ND - again - as he had 28 points and kept ND in it.

For a team full of juniors and seniors, this team has no idea how to close out games down the stretch. They had plenty of opportunities to tie the game late, but couldn’t make a shot. Then, their defense really let them down. Tell me if you’ve heard that before. This was a great opportunity to get an ACC win and beat a Top 25 team, but ND blew it.

I stand by my comments after Kentucky - this will be a long and frustrating season. The play of Hubb and Ryan the last couple of games makes me think ND will not finish above .500 in conference play once again.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another uninspiring effort vs Va Tech.

Lack of effort on D and rebounding is just killing us. Cornett kept referencing a play when Goodwin got beat out by a 6'2" guard for a rebound and a put back. Kind of sums up our rebounding.

It really does seem like there are some good pieces on this team, just too many good guards and not enough power inside.

Another uninspiring effort vs Va Tech.

Lack of effort on D and rebounding is just killing us. Cornett kept referencing a play when Goodwin got beat out by a 6'2" guard for a rebound and a put back. Kind of sums up our rebounding.

It really does seem like there are some good pieces on this team, just too many good guards and not enough power inside.

ND got a big time transfer from Yale last week, Paul Atkinson - 6'10 big man who can really play. He was named Ivy League Player of the Year last season. ND needed it after the sub-par recruiting from Brey since the "big time" 2018 class. He will certainly help the 2021-2022 team.

If it wasn't for transfers, I'm not sure where this program would be. Durham, Cormac Ryan, Trey Wertz, and now Atkinson. Brey really needs to figure out recruiting, but I doubt he's here much longer.

Another ugly game. This is really sad to waste some of this talent. There just aren't enough pieces to make a whole team.

Unfortunately, the lack of "want to" comes down to the coach.

I agree. I actually got to watch a lot of this game. It just depresses me watching them. After the game yesterday I was going to come on the board and comment but I lost interest......now that’s sad.

I was screaming at the tv towards the end as they were still trying as hard as they could to give the game away.

Missed layups on fast breaks and dribbling out of bounds with 1-2 minutes left on the clock. They were playing like no one on the team had ever been up at the end of a game before.

ND beats Miami 73-59.

Brey started the entire bench tonight and they proceeding to brick everything. But the starters took over and played well. Hubb led the team with 19 points and had a great shooting night (finally). Laszewski and Durham each added 16 points.

ND is now 5-8 on the year and has won back-to-back conference games.