Rumors swirling that the PAC12 will cancel the season this weekend

Wow

They are a mess out there.

Oregon, Washington, California gov's all signed 14-day travel quarantine for those going into those states. Rumor is that this is the end and they wont bother to pick it back up after...whatever happens next. I did hear that games this weekend will continue for all adhering to the guidelines, but then ...poof done.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASU is basically done for the season.

Atleast 6 staff members and an entire side of the ball are all infected.

It’s going to be 3 or 4 weeks before they are healthy and eligible. PAC season is only 7 games to begin with and they played 1. So you’re looking at over 50% of their season gone.

All this for a virus that has a 99.9% survival rate and you have to get tested to find out if you have it. I guarantee you, you get the normal flu, you damn well KNOW you have it and yes, it kills 1000's every year in the US. Ridiculous! (no politics here)

22k so far you are right thousands. Covid has killed 100s of thousands 244k. Covid is winning and not in a good way. (No politics here, just cdc stats)

22k so far you are right thousands. Covid has killed 100s of thousands 244k. Covid is winning and not in a good way. (No politics here, just cdc stats)

And remember, according to the CDC, the median age of death of those dying with (not necessarily from) COVID is 78.

Average life expectancy for a baby born in the US this morning is also 78.

Perspective. Not politics. Just stats.

Edited by Kelly Gruene

F’ing conservative Neanderthals thinking older generations and people with preexisting conditions lives don’t matter.

You forgot to put no politics here.

Anyways, back on topic. So, Green goblin, when do you think you may here something. Tonight after the games? Sunday? Just curious

F’ing conservative Neanderthals thinking older generations and people with preexisting conditions lives don’t matter.

This Neanderthal simply posted data from the CDC website. You drew your own conclusions.

Here’s more data from the CDC website. Again, draw your own conclusions. It’s simply information publicly available, made public by the CDC. This Neanderthal is not placing any value on the data. It’s just numbers.

Numbers are rounded, and as of the most recent CDC updated site.

224,000 deaths.

129,000 total over age 75.

177,000 total over age 65.

And with that I’ll stop posting on this thread. Reading that CDC website and doing all that math is much too taxing to my tiny brain.

Edited by Kelly Gruene

Purdue lists hospitalizations and symptoms on their Covid dashboard. I am guessing that their results are probably representative of most college campuses.

https://protect.purdue.edu/dashboard/

Since August 1st: 2400 positives for 50,000 students, staff, and facility

Out of those 2400 positives, only 6 people have been hospitalized. No fatalities.

For the 2400 positives, here is the symptom distribution:

39% no symptoms

42% very mild symptoms

16% mild symptoms

3% moderate symptoms

<0.5% significant symptoms

<0.5% severe symptoms

Purdue has had at least one student die from an automobile crash this year. Should cars be banned for students?

Edited by jbrown_9999

would this scare recruits away from the Pac12? the Pac12 is a mess this year and I could see this spilling into next season as well and if it does are these freshman to be willing to sit out another year?

Good question but I doubt it. I think the universal recognition for this year is loaded with asterisks and once play is able to resume to a closer degree of normalcy in '21, it will eliminate lingering issues associated with the Virus.

Further, if the rumor is true and they elect to pull the plug, they have no one but themselves to blame for putting schools into a no win situation. Both the SEC & ACC created pragmatic policies to reschedule games yet the PAC12 did not and they deservedly are paying the price with no options. Similar to the B10 they changed their minds not because of improved testing and control policies, the 2 Confc's changed their minds solely for money and the chance for one of their schools to vie for a NC. GO IRISH!

I feel for the players out there, but if everyone else can handle this, it’s on the conference.

You right it absolutely on the conference and the big 10 as well. To me even if OSU wins out they shouldn’t get in. Barely playing any games and they are number 3 and Justin Fields going to win the heisman per projections. Please, the playoffs should be Florida, Bama, Nd and Clemson. Let’s just start it now and wrap it up before even more games get canceled and the whole season is threatened. My views anyway.