Phil Jurkovec approved to play

I cannot follow any logic with transfers. It seems like anyone we get has to abide by the rules.

Was his hardship that he got beat out by a 3 star and it emotionally affected him?

They should just tell everyone the rules don’t apply to QBs.

Really, no one that has transferred has had a fantastic year.

I think it speaks more to the ability to recruit, or properly judge a recruit.

Correct. Kiel, Crist, Zaire, Golson, Wimbush did nothing after leaving.

Edited by ELDER06

Correct. Kiel, Crist, Zaire, Wimbush did nothing after leaving.

Just to nitpick, but Kiel is pretty high up in all Cincy passing records. He may have been a disappointment coming in as a 5*, but he was better than what ND had around that same time.

I'm still not sure whether to blame the players for not living up to their recruiting rankings, the coaches for recruiting the wrong players or the coaches for not developing the players ND has though.

Just to nitpick, but Kiel is pretty high up in all Cincy passing records. He may have been a disappointment coming in as a 5*, but he was better than what ND had around that same time.

I'm still not sure whether to blame the players for not living up to their recruiting rankings, the coaches for recruiting the wrong players or the coaches for not developing the players ND has though.

He also got injured twice so he could of been either better or had higher stats. Kiel was an upgrade like you said to what we had at the time.

As for Phil, I hope he tears it up. I was a fan.

It’s not either or. Both sides bear responsibility, to what degree also varies from player to player. I think Zaire was going to be really damn good, but he never recovered from that nasty ankle fracture.