Nd vs Navy in Ireland - Cancelled?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/coronavirus-gatherings-of-over-5-000-people-to-be-banned-until-september-1.4234326

Not looking good per the Irish times. I have tickets for Dublin booked but will likely not go if the game is cancelled. I am thinking of making some hotel reservations in Annapolis, DC and Philly just in case.....thoughts? If cancelled would they likely play the same day or perhaps move it one week?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well would hate to see the travel plans of so many ruined but if it gets changed to Annapolis, DC, or Philly then I would be thrilled and try to get tickets. Anywhere from 40 mins to a 3 hour drive for any of those locations.

However, I am not so sure any of us are going to sitting in any seats at sporting events come the end of August. Hope that is not the case though.

I’m going to be shocked if there are a$$es in the seats or even games this coming year...

I am with you. Outside of a vaccine, I feel like the risk of allowing sporting events (with or without fans) will result in all sports being cancelled for the rest of 2020.

However, I am not so sure any of us are going to sitting in any seats at sporting events come the end of August

Careful...simply stating a possible, even fairly likely scenario, will get you labeled a Doom & Gloomer, and you'll be told to "STFU." Ain't it lovely?

Careful...simply stating a possible, even fairly likely scenario, will get you labeled a Doom & Gloomer, and you'll be told to "STFU." Ain't it lovely?

Ha ya well aware of that. I’ve stayed out of that mess of a thread for that specific reason. However, I’ve been called much worse so I guess everyone can have their opinion.

Actually, you are wrong. It is a great place for a football game. Went to the 2012 game vs, Navy and it was a great game day experience and all the Dubliners embraced ND fans with open arms. Wonderful memories from this trip.

I’m not big on these promotional games like the ones played in London or Mexico City. It’s never going to be a popular international sport like basketball bc the sport itself doesn’t jive with a lot of cultures.

We get it, you think the world is ending. STFU with the doom & gloom,

Thank you. I think it was an Appropriate response after reading the same doom & gloom speech in ever thread in ever room. I just wish you would have included f(cknuts in your response too.

I just hope the Lambeau game is going to have fans in the seats. Me, my pops and uncle were planning a road trip for that one.

I think ND needs to start limiting the amount of travel they do. Going out to Southern California every year and these other lengthy road trips can take their toll on the athletes.

I just hope the Lambeau game is going to have fans in the seats. Me, my pops and uncle were planning a road trip for that one.

I agree. I had plans on attending the Lambeau game myself. This was an once in a lifetime trip for me. I have never been to Lambeau Field.

A sport like football would actually jive with the Irish culture' date=' the problem is they already have similar traditional sports that they have grown accustomed to. Rugby and Gaelic Football.[/quote']

That’s why it wouldn’t work. Rugby already has its place there and in England. It’s like trying to push Cricket in the US when we’ve already got Baseball.

Thank you. I think it was an Appropriate response after reading the same doom & gloom speech in ever thread in ever room. I just wish you would have included f(cknuts in your response too.

Feel free to throw out whatever expletives you guys want to to make yourselves feel better, but when you directly disrespect individuals your message is lost. I get you are angry; I get your frustrated.

I’ll happily eat my words; however, if the NCAA is on the same page as the professional leagues, all signs point to no fans in the stands this year. It makes it even more tricky when trying to play sports under the umbrella of college sports when schools aren’t even sure if kids will be allowed on campus. Each state has its own government, its own infrastructure and its own level of current outbreak. No one knows what this is going to look like in a week let alone three and a half months from now; however, decisions are being made at upper levels about if and how to proceed.

You cats are free to think you’ll be sitting in the stands. I am free to believe this is highly unlikely. I choose to do it without being an a$$hole and resorting to name calling. Grow up...and feel free to engage in civil discussions on a message board. Elder, ND_Jack, I respect your opinion far greater when you leave the disrespect out of it.

I’m not big on these promotional games like the ones played in London or Mexico City. It’s never going to be a popular international sport like basketball bc the sport itself doesn’t jive with a lot of cultures.

London games sell out in minutes. The Jags will be playing there full time in a decade.