Good comedians

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve recently become a huge Bill Burr fan.

Anyone have suggestions about other comedians? Where would I find them?

Burr

Jim Norton

Louis CK

Tom Segura

There’s a ton of other guys who aren’t what I consider good stand up acts, but are good on Podcasts.

Edited by ELDER06

Ralphie May. Sadly passed away, but the funniest guy I can remember. Saw him live maybe half a dozen times, and a genuinely nice guy.

Has several concert specials out there.

Equal opportunity offender, so not for the kids.

Not especially great when you’re meeting the future mother in law for the first time either... Haha. Glad it was my wife who chose him and not me.

These are great tips.

Other than Louis CK I don’t know any of these guys.

I’m surprised you’ve never heard of Bill Burr. Unfortunately, most up and coming comedians are SJW hacks (Nannette), so you’ve got to enjoy the guys who are already established.

Jeff Dunham is pretty good for a ventriloquist. Louis CK is by far my favorite.

Glad to see Louis is making a bit of a comeback. He didn’t deserve to be thrown in with the other “Me Too” people who were actual rapists.

Glad to see Louis is making a bit of a comeback. He didn’t deserve to be thrown in with the other “Me Too” people who were actual rapists.

He deserved to have his career ruined. Saying it was less than rape frames this as otherwise acceptable or only "a little bad." Dude pulled his wang out and masturbated in front of chicks that didn't want to see his wang or watch him ejaculate.

The MT movement has its problems, but Luis CK is not one of them. No, it's not rape. I'll give you that.

I know I said things in a different era that wouldn't or shouldn't fly in today's milieu. So there is my personal contradiction.

Edited by DamshaBua

He pulled his **** out and masturbated in front of chicks who were not approving. That's bizarre and definitely way, way over the line.

Overall I'd say comics are a different breed of cat, and that's ok. One of my favs is still Norm McDonald. I can't watch a lot of the new stuff out there because many have bent the knee and just won't touch various subject matters anymore for fear of being shouted down or blacklisted, ala Owen Benjamin when he first called out the giving children hormone blockers to become trans as child abuse and wouldn't back down from that position. While that certainly wasn't a comedy bit, it showed a larger problem that has been going on in comedy where comedians won t make fun/discuss taboo subjects.

To me a comedian or jester should not or cannot be limited by political correctness or what is acceptable norms while producing comedy. This is why Norm McDonald was such a master on SNL and his Weekly Updates skit. He routinely broke the audience who initially had unfavorable reactions to his bits about OJ and Michael Jackson, by repeating over and over the absurdity of the crazy news stories surrounding them.

Comedians nowadays really have bent the knee so to speak on a variety of topics they will no longer touch. Some gained widespread acclaim for their comedy with those topics, but now closed the door behind them criticizing anyone who followed their lead. A joke is a joke and people take themselves waayyy too seriously these days and can' t laugh a sh*t anymore without someone being offended. Screw those people, comedy is one of the last bastions of free speech where nothing should be off limits.

Ralphie May. Sadly passed away, but the funniest guy I can remember. Saw him live maybe half a dozen times, and a genuinely nice guy.

Has several concert specials out there.

Equal opportunity offender, so not for the kids.

Ralphie May was the sh*t! His special at the Apollo was epic! RIP big fella...

Ralphie May was the sh*t! His special at the Apollo was epic! RIP big fella...

Jon Pinette is very funny, funnier than Ralphie May IMO. Of coruse the Redneck comedy is good for a single spin, maybe two. Aziz Ansari (sp) is pretty good though frought with some recent contreversy, Kathleen Madigan is fun, Tig Notaro, Kevin Nealan.

Those are some that spring to mind from my hours listening to XM comedy. Apologies for the spelling of the names I likely butchered. Hedberg is all time, he is a definite must if you haven't had time to enjoy him (RIP also).