ND vs Press Virginia (round of 32)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always the one telling my boys to chill out, and that ND will settle in, and take over in the second half. I don't feel that way at all today. wvu is TOTALLY fired up, and playing incredibly well. You can tell they want this game way more than ND. They are just dialed in. I think it's WAY more likely that they blow ND out in the second half than it is for ND to come back.

Second half....

Drive, drive, drive. The refs are not calling any charges at all. Beat the press, and go aggressively to the hoop. Kick a couple out for some threes, but for the most part, just go.

No more 2-3 on D. Go 3-2 or man up.

Nice to see Steve driving, funny how he is driving better lately than shooting the 3.

I would like to see Ryan play some big minute as I think he can burn West Virginia from the 3 which we will need to keep up.

Defense is worrying me, West Virginia is scoring too easily.

Nice to see Steve driving, funny how he is driving better lately than shooting the 3.

I would like to see Ryan play some big minute as I think he can burn West Virginia from the 3 which we will need to keep up.

DRIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fully agree with Ryan though.

Completely agree. For as much as I s**t on Steve, that is one part of his game that has really improved over the last two years.

Get Ryan in there, get Pflueger out.

Brey is starting to **** me off with his personnel decisions. Not calling for his head, he is a great coach but his shortcomings are being amplified today.

He doesn't use the bench enough and we're not using enough big men, look at how deep West Virginia goes. We can't seem to inbound at all, did he not watch tape and come up with a plan?

He is getting outcoached even though West Virginia clearly has better athletes and it isn't even close.

Still don't know why Ryan isn't out there shooting the 3. Beach, Gibbs, and Pfleuger have all been awful today.

Brey said he didn't overplan for the press. IMO, He relied too much on the experience of the team to handle it. Not using the bench is always his weakness. How you don't use Ryan today though is an absolute joke and totally unfair to ND.

Brey said he didn't overplan for the press. IMO, He relied too much on the experience of the team to handle it. Not using the bench is always his weakness. How you don't use Ryan today though is an absolute joke and totally unfair to ND.

I don't think he planned at all lol.