ND vs Press Virginia (round of 32)

Have to admit I haven't seen a ton of West Virginia but we all know they love to press. Interesting matchup as we have the best assist-turnover ratio while they lead in forced turnovers. Game is Saturday but no clue on the time yet.

One thing I have noticed with our Irish going back a few years is we don't shoot like we did today two games in a row. Whenever we shoot this poor we usually shoot lights out next game. 2 years ago we had the Butler fiasco then couldn't miss vs Wichita, also last year against UNC in the ACC tourney couldn't hit anything then we went over 50% against Michigan.

I think we shoot lights out and beat West Virginia, I also like us Vs the Zags but I have them on upset alert for Northwestern. TBH I would rather play the Zags over Northwestern as they pretty much had us beat at home.

Irish to the Elite Eight!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to admit I haven't seen a ton of West Virginia but we all know they love to press. Interesting matchup as we have the best assist-turnover ratio while they lead in forced turnovers. Game is Saturday but no clue on the time yet.

One thing I have noticed with our Irish going back a few years is we don't shoot like we did today two games in a row. Whenever we shoot this poor we usually shoot lights out next game. 2 years ago we had the Butler fiasco then couldn't miss vs Wichita, also last year against UNC in the ACC tourney couldn't hit anything then we went over 50% against Michigan.

I think we shoot lights out and beat West Virginia, I also like us Vs the Zags but I have them on upset alert for Northwestern. TBH I would rather play the Zags over Northwestern as they pretty much had us beat at home.

Irish to the Elite Eight!

I'm down. For my sanity at work, it would be nice for them to perform well too!

Obviously this is a much tougher match-up. In all honestly, ND only moved on b/c princeton was worse than they were.

Some things I want to see tomorrow:

1. More bench minutes. If wvu is smart, they will run 9 deep to press the whole game and wear ND out. I fully expect them to do that. Brey has to use his bench. This is a perfect game for Gibbs! I also would like to see Geben more than Torres because he's more of an offensive threat. Ryan has shown he's capable...put him in....Although I would worry about his ball handling/decision making a little.

2. Be aggressive. Take the ball to the hoop. This is why Gibbs needs to play. I love his aggression. wvu will foul....Make the free throws!

3. Hopefully Beach and Vasturia have better days. If they don't, ND loses.

4. Everyone needs to box out. wvu rebounded nearly half of their misses against bucknell.

5. Fair reffing. Most refs truly don't know how to ref teams that press. They often give them more contact because they don't want to stop play so often. A foul is a foul. Blow the whistle when wvu fouls, because they undoubtedly will.

GO IRISH!!

Edited by irishrb

Obviously this is a much tougher match-up. In all honestly, ND only moved on b/c princeton was worse than they were.

Some things I want to see tomorrow:

1. More bench minutes. If wvu is smart, they will run 9 deep to press the whole game and wear ND out. I fully expect them to do that. Brey has to use his bench. This is a perfect game for Gibbs! I also would like to see Geben more than Torres because he's more of an offensive threat. Ryan has shown he's capable...put him in....Although I would worry about his ball handling/decision making a little.

2. Be aggressive. Take the ball to the hoop. This is why Gibbs needs to play. I love his aggression. wvu will foul....Make the free throws!

3. Hopefully Beach and Vasturia have better days. If they don't, ND loses.

4. Everyone needs to box out. wvu rebounded nearly half of their misses against bucknell.

5. Fair reffing. Most refs truly don't know how to ref teams that press. They often give them more contact because they don't want to stop play so often. A foul is a foul. Blow the whistle when wvu fouls, because they undoubtedly will.

GO IRISH!!

Couldn't agree more!

I think this is a good match up for Notre Dame – our really good guards should be able to handle the press. Our big man can move down the floor quickly. I think Notre Dame wins handily.

Well at least those are my thoughts before watching the first round game :-)

I think this is a good match up for Notre Dame – our really good guards should be able to handle the press. Our big man can move down the floor quickly. I think Notre Dame wins handily.

Well at least those are my thoughts before watching the first round game :-)

I agree...but Colson is hurting. I would feel much more comfortable if he was 100%.

Again, Ryan goes out and barely played?? No, idea why Brey doesn't give him a chance.

Especially when he was looking to dish the ball.....Rumors out there that Ryan is looking to transfer. Definitely makes me wonder..