Pregame

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maga!!!!!!!

Little has he done that so far. I'm already losing money as I predicted, wants me to pay go some stupid wall, sent us troops on a misson without intelligence getting Americans and Civilians killed per military officials, ect ect. All while tweeting like a 13 year old girl and praying for his show the apprentice to get better ratings at the national pray breakfast. What a joke, guys a joke. Make America a Joke.

Some of you right wing folks are pretty smart on here so I hope to see some of your thoughts on

Edited by Jim2Dokes

Little has he done that so far. I'm already losing money as I predicted, wants me to pay go some stupid wall, sent us troops on a misson without intelligence getting Americans and Civilians killed per military officials, ect ect. All while tweeting like a 13 year old girl and praying for his show the apprentice to get better ratings at the national pray breakfast. What a joke, guys a joke. Make America a Joke.

Some of you right wing folks are pretty smart on here so I hope to see some of your thoughts on

Putting aside all other items (and not giving Trump the credit), but how are you losing money? Is not the market at an all-time high?

You know absolutely nothing regarding this issue. That operation was nearly identical to the OBL raid. It was a miracle no one was lost on that mission. There are no guarantees when it comes to such situations.

The intel was there. Where was your outrage when lives were lost during the multiple failed hostage rescue raids green-lighted by Obama? Exactly.

You know absolutely nothing regarding this issue. That operation was nearly identical to the OBL raid. It was a miracle no one was lost on that mission. There are no guarantees when it comes to such situations.

The intel was there. Where was your outrage when lives were lost during the multiple failed hostage rescue raids green-lighted by Obama? Exactly.

I'm just providing the news of the day. And this coupled with all the other blunders shows the guy is a joke. You want to pull something from Obama 7 years ago go that eliminated the biggest terroist or our time go ahead. It's been 2 weeks and the joke has already made America worse in all aspects including national security.

Putting aside all other items (and not giving Trump the credit), but how are you losing money? Is not the market at an all-time high?

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13976518/1/stocks-fall-as-trump-white-house-continues-to-cause-market-waves.html

It will only get worse.

Look if you guys haven't seen it yet, I'll give some more time before posting again. Keep the hope!

Edited by Jim2Dokes

I'm just providing the news of the day. And this coupled with all the other blunders shows the guy is a joke. You want to pull something from Obama 7 years ago go that eliminated the biggest terroist or our time go ahead. It's been 2 weeks and the joke has already made America worse in all aspects including national security.

Oh right. I forgot where you get your "news".

Oh right. I forgot where you get your "news".

Well seeing this thread is about one of the heads of a fake news organization this is fitting. But no this was first reported by Reuters and has since been picked up by almost every credible news organization.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13976518/1/stocks-fall-as-trump-white-house-continues-to-cause-market-waves.html

It will only get worse.

Look if you guys haven't seen it yet, I'll give some more time before posting again. Keep the hope!

Please, explain your statement that you have lost money. Is this based on the time period between the election and now, Trump taking office and now, or simply between yesterday and today (perhaps you are a day trader).

Based on actual stock market results, that is a difficult statement to make.

What I see from the S&P 500 Index is:

2/2/2017 1:14 pm 2280

2/1/2017 close 2280

1/19/2017 close 2264

11/9/2016 close 2164

11/8/2016 close 2140

11/7/2016 close 2132

While the market may go up or down in the future and Trump being in office may or not actually have any correlation to the market's performance, saying that you have already lost money due to Trump's presidency to-date is a stretch (but perhaps you shorted cement stocks).

If you knowingly use a false statement to bolster your anti-Trump argument, are you any different from the "false news" creators (be they from the left or right)?

P.S. I am simply focused on the validity of your statement that you already lost money due to Trump, I personally think that presidents get too much credit/blame for the economy's performance.

Edited by jbrown_9999

Steve Bannon is an Irish fan. God f*cking Damnit, why this assh*le of all people?

Even the hardcore conservatives here have to disagree w this guy right?

Ha ha ha, your humorous quip turned out to be a stick of dynamite dropped in a portapotty. You just lit the fuse, dropped and ran off as the s**t splattered. This thread has officially gone off the rails.

Ha ha ha, your humorous quip turned out to be a stick of dynamite dropped in a portapotty. You just lit the fuse, dropped and ran off as the s**t splattered. This thread has officially gone off the rails.

Ya it really went sideways

Well seeing this thread is about one of the heads of a fake news organization this is fitting. But no this was first reported by Reuters and has since been picked up by almost every credible news organization.

Im seeing a few things about this raid that these news organizations are flagging as "botched". Let me just impart some first-hand knowledge...

1) Civilian deaths. Unavoidable at times and always weighed against the gain. In this case, the gain was a treasure trove of intelligence that contained valuable information about future planned attacks. Obama routinely called for drone strikes that resulted in civilian deaths...because the person being targeted was worth collateral damage. Again, Im asking where the outrage was when this occurred under Obama.

2) The media is reporting that the team sent in for the operation was unaware that the base was reinforced. Again, this is bull$hit. That camp was being watched 24/7...for months. I guarantee we knew exactly how many were inside before going in. It's called a "slant" and it's called in literally every time there is a change to it. Maybe they are referring to the fact that women took up arms against the team, because that is downright unheard of among these militants. It would sure surprise the hell out of me. There is a reason that "MAM, or military-aged male", is one of the slants that is called. Because that is the number of combatants that the team expects to encounter.

3) American deaths. I asked before and you didnt answer. Where was the outrage from your kind when Obama authorized hostage rescue missions where our guys or the hostage was killed?

Reuters claims: "U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations."

Interesting. Ground support from where? It's in Yemen. The nearest QRF team was 300 miles away in Djibouti. 40 SEALs is typically plenty for just about any operation. And considering we got the SSE we wanted out of the op and all threats were ultimately neutralized, I have no idea what more support would/could have done. Adequate backup? That is why we send 2 Ospreys instead of 1. Helos crash. A lot. Was everyone involved evacuated afterward? I'd call that preparedness. If you want to see what an unprepared mission looks like, take a look at Afghanistan between 2003 and 2005.

The anonymous "military officials" who have given the media their opinion in regards to this mission are clearly the same types who are trying to find fault in everything Trump does...because thus far I've only seen him authorize military moves that any other President would make under similar conditions.

"CENTCOM asks for operations we believe have a good chance for success and when we ask for authorization we certainly believe there is a chance of successful operations based on our planning," CENTCOM spokesman Colonel John Thomas said. "Any operation where you are going to put operators on the ground has inherent risks," he said.

Trump didn't just whip pistols out of his holsters and make an idiotic decision. CENTCOM laid out the intel they had and their reasons for requesting approval for the raid. And he approved it.

Edited by echo88

Just guessing, you got your news from CNN?

Thanks Echo...I appreciate the explanation.

Quick question for you without making this a political discussion...thumbs up or thumbs down on the new POTUS?

Most military people I know seem to be in favor of him but are a little worried about possibly getting involved in a bunch of conflicts.

Just curious on your take...if you don't mind.

Quick question for you without making this a political discussion...thumbs up or thumbs down on the new POTUS?

Most military people I know seem to be in favor of him but are a little worried about possibly getting involved in a bunch of conflicts.

I have no problem with his policy decisions thus far, but I do wish he could get his personality under control. If he had no personality it would be better than what he has. The leader of the free world needs to stop engaging in public catfights with celebrities, it is just sad to watch.

Echo could speak to the military aspect far better than I as I have been out for nearly 15 years, but I can say that there are only two things I was concerned about from our command in chief when I was in the service:

1. Don't defund / penny pinch. There is a tremendous amount of red tape in every aspect of military life, adding to it by trying to give me a flak jacket with only one hole or a weapon that was only dropped once doesn't help.

2. Defer to those who know. Trump, Obama, Clinton, etc... have no business making military decisions. Defer to people who do and trust their decision making. Don't undercut or undermine them.

So basically, I guess those two things really amount to just saying leave the military alone and let them do what they need to do.

That is my 2c

Personally, I never really had an opinion for the guy. I suppose that, of the 2 candidates, he was the lesser of 2 evils.

Executive Order: Great idea and I'm fascinated that he actually did it so quickly. People forget that during the campaign, he said our immigration process was broken and that he wanted a temporary hold in place until we figured out how to fix it. He did just that. Of course it was misconstrued and the left has made all kinds of outlandish claims about it, but Trump was 100% right. The wrong people were slipping through our broken system..and even if they haven't, they eventually would. This executive order buys us time to fix the process before we open the doors again.

Issues I had with the order was that it left out Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Tunisia, Mali, and Nigeria and that it included green card holders. I understand that there are political/economic ramifications of including nations such as SA, but the rest should've been included.

Yemen Raid: 100% agree. Any President in his position would've made the same call. The fact that the op is being labeled "botched" and "a failure" blows my mind. People seem to forget what those kinds of missions look like.

Negotiating: I agree with his tough approach when it comes to countries giving us the short end of the stick, but he needs to be more tactful about it. His response to Australia was appropriate but he didn't need to include details like the way in which he won the election. Sorry that Obama agreed to accept 2k refugees off Australia's hands, but that isn't our problem now.

Mexican Border: I agree with his hard line stance with Mexico over the immigration issue that they gladly ignore, but building a wall won't do anything to solve it. In my opinion, if you make it impossible for undocumented immigrants to receive federal aid/schooling/housing, they will stop coming here on their own.

Misc.: He needs to delete his Twitter account and stop talking about news organizations. Fake/deliberately misleading news is just part of life now. And he is very unpopular with them. It will stop sooner if he just ignores it and lets them report whatever they want. He shouldn't be answering to them.

Yemen Raid: 100% agree. Any President in his position would've made the same call. The fact that the op is being labeled "botched" and "a failure" blows my mind. People seem to forget what those kinds of missions look like.

Another important fact of this raid is that it had been in the panning stages for months under President Obama. It had been planned to occur on the first moonless night in 2017. The only reason Obama didn't authorize the raid is because the first moonless night in Yemen occurred on Jan 28 and he was out of office, therefore the authorization fell to Trump.

This raid and the outcome would most likely have been the same if Obama was still the sitting President.