Horrible News for Irish Fandom

Pregame

Another important fact of this raid is that it had been in the panning stages for months under President Obama. It had been planned to occur on the first moonless night in 2017. The only reason Obama didn't authorize the raid is because the first moonless night in Yemen occurred on Jan 28 and he was out of office, therefore the authorization fell to Trump.

This raid and the outcome would most likely have been the same if Obama was still the sitting President.

Not an insurmountable fact to the left. News outlets are reporting that Obama wouldnt have green-lighted the operation due to insufficient intelligence. Lol seriously. This guy whiffed on 2 hostage rescue missions where the hostages weren't even there anymore. I guess the 50/50 OBL mission he authorized gave him a big head. Imagine how that wouldve turned out if OBL wasnt there and the Pakstani AF caught those blackhawks in their airspace.

Presidents have to gamble. Sometimes it works out. Sometimes it doesnt.

Edited by echo88

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Executive Order: Great idea and I'm fascinated that he actually did it so quickly. People forget that during the campaign, he said our immigration process was broken and that he wanted a temporary hold in place until we figured out how to fix it. He did just that. Of course it was misconstrued and the left has made all kinds of outlandish claims about it, but Trump was 100% right. The wrong people were slipping through our broken system..and even if they haven't, they eventually would. This executive order buys us time to fix the process before we open the doors again.

Here's a really interesting take on immigration. Definitely worth a look:

[ame]

[/ame]

So... voting Republican helps people to get in touch with reality?

SOLD!

No because republicans fail in economics again and again. But then again Trump team is taking credit for job numbers today (from 12th of Jan). He stated during campaign those numbers were garbage. Reality? Please only thing reality about Trump is TV. Oh and alternative facts of course. Which I see so much on here, like Obama wanted to wait for no moon or we got super duper intel from the raid. Because alternative fact guy Spicer said it it must be true.

10 years old intel http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/03/513305178/that-valuable-intel-from-the-yemen-raid-it-was-10-years-old

Garbage. 30 innocents dead equals at least 150 new people that hate us and want revenge, that shot goes to both parties.

And hey don't really agree with much of Obama foreign involvement but I was making the point that Trump has ****ed everything up in his first few weeks including that raid.

Edited by Jim2Dokes

No because republicans fail in economics again and again. But then again Trump team is taking credit for job numbers today (from 12th of Jan). He stated during campaign those numbers were garbage. Reality? Please only thing reality about Trump is TV. Oh and alternative facts of course. Which I see so much on here, like Obama wanted to wait for no moon or we got super duper intel from the raid. Because alternative fact guy Spicer said it it must be true.

10 years old intel http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/03/513305178/that-valuable-intel-from-the-yemen-raid-it-was-10-years-old

Garbage. 30 innocents dead equals at least 150 new people that hate us and want revenge, that shot goes to both parties.

If you honestly think NPR is going to break a real story on the actual intelligence behind a recent military raid you are sadly mistaken. Believe it or not the intelligence community is not generally an open book that lets the press in and lets them have free run at what we know. You are welcome to your opinion but please try to have a little more faith in our military, they keep the Canadians at bay.

If you honestly think NPR is going to break a real story on the actual intelligence behind a recent military raid you are sadly mistaken. Believe it or not the intelligence community is not generally an open book that lets the press in and lets them have free run at what we know. You are welcome to your opinion but please try to have a little more faith in our military, they keep the Canadians at bay.

So you would rather me take Spicer word for it who already has lied numerous times. Oh, we should trust Trumps team especially since they are so knowledgeable about the Bowling Green Massacre. Do you want me to go on?

Treasure trove of intel, wonder where echo got that line.

Speaking Canada did you hear about that ****? Must have been a refugee that committed that terriost action. They probably didn't report it on the "real news" breitbart red state and the likes. Oh Fox did report it though said it was some Morracan dude before Canada PM smacked them. I'm frankly tired of the right wing terroists and seeing as this group commits more Terrioism than any refugee they should be banned for the safety of our nation.

Edited by Jim2Dokes

So you would rather me take Spicer word for it who already has lied numerous times. Oh, we should trust Trumps team especially since they are so knowledgeable about the Bowling Green Massacre. Do you want me to go on?

Speaking Canada did you hear about that ****? Must have been a refugee that committed that terriost action. They probably didn't report it on the "real news" breitbart red state and the likes. Oh Fox did report it though said it was some Morracan dude before Canada PM smacked them. I'm frankly tired of the right wing terroists and seeing as this group commits more Terrioism than any refugee they should be banned for the safety of our nation.

What you're describing is news organizations clawing to break news first. That's a far cry from knowingly disseminating false information for clicks.

For the record, breitbart is the same as cnn. It's just an alt right version of events. The truth is in the middle and any person capable of thinking for themselves can see that.

I hear you buddy, the female orgasm is just a myth. If it can't happen in 20 seconds it can't really happen, amirite?

I wouldn't advise you to trust anything you hear, to be quite honest. There aren't a lot of people who get paid to tell the truth. That said, I avoid the news as much possible, every article is either opinionated uninformed political drivel, celebrity bullcrap, or child murder. I was actually just dropping Canada because I live in constant fear of their square wheels, flip top heads, and hockey sticks.

What you're describing is news organizations clawing to break news first. That's a far cry from knowingly disseminating false information for clicks.

For the record, breitbart is the same as cnn. It's just an alt right version of events. The truth is in the middle and any person capable of thinking for themselves can see that.

Comparing breitbart to any news organization (liberal media) is not even close. Maybe like dailykos or something but cmon CNN that's a stretch. Breitbart is like 90 percent bs. Show me a fake news report by CNN today just for fun. I can go to breitbart and get a few within minutes.eapeccially their excellent coverage of their friend MIlo. It's true that the media does lean left, it has always been true. It's a lie that it never was. Look up the definition of journalism and also note that journalists are educated. Thats why folks that leave fox suddenly turn liberal they are paid well to make **** up and if they don't have the stones to not accept the opportunity and sell out they take it.

Edited by Jim2Dokes

I wouldn't advise you to trust anything you hear, to be quite honest. There aren't a lot of people who get paid to tell the truth. That said, I avoid the news as much possible, every article is either opinionated uninformed political drivel, celebrity bullcrap, or child murder. I was actually just dropping Canada because I live in constant fear of their square wheels, flip top heads, and hockey sticks.

Fair enough.

Personally, I never really had an opinion for the guy. I suppose that, of the 2 candidates, he was the lesser of 2 evils.

Executive Order: Great idea and I'm fascinated that he actually did it so quickly. People forget that during the campaign, he said our immigration process was broken and that he wanted a temporary hold in place until we figured out how to fix it. He did just that. Of course it was misconstrued and the left has made all kinds of outlandish claims about it, but Trump was 100% right. The wrong people were slipping through our broken system..and even if they haven't, they eventually would. This executive order buys us time to fix the process before we open the doors again.

Issues I had with the order was that it left out Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Tunisia, Mali, and Nigeria and that it included green card holders. I understand that there are political/economic ramifications of including nations such as SA, but the rest should've been included.

Yemen Raid: 100% agree. Any President in his position would've made the same call. The fact that the op is being labeled "botched" and "a failure" blows my mind. People seem to forget what those kinds of missions look like.

Negotiating: I agree with his tough approach when it comes to countries giving us the short end of the stick, but he needs to be more tactful about it. His response to Australia was appropriate but he didn't need to include details like the way in which he won the election. Sorry that Obama agreed to accept 2k refugees off Australia's hands, but that isn't our problem now.

Mexican Border: I agree with his hard line stance with Mexico over the immigration issue that they gladly ignore, but building a wall won't do anything to solve it. In my opinion, if you make it impossible for undocumented immigrants to receive federal aid/schooling/housing, they will stop coming here on their own.

Misc.: He needs to delete his Twitter account and stop talking about news organizations. Fake/deliberately misleading news is just part of life now. And he is very unpopular with them. It will stop sooner if he just ignores it and lets them report whatever they want. He shouldn't be answering to them.

Echo and Eddie...I appreciate your answers and basically agree.

And I'm a registered Democrat.

Full disclosure...I've been involved and studies politics forever. I have switched parties numerous times basically to vote for a specific person who I liked.

I consider myself a very informed voter and levelnheaded...i vote for the best candidate regardless.

Most people I know voted for Trump for his stance on immigration or a hate of Hillary.

The people who I know who voted for Hillary did so because she was a female or

They hated Trump.

My biggest question about either candidate was who would treat our military the best...so i hope Trump does the right thing and takes care of all of you.

Comparing breitbart to any news organization (liberal media) is not even close. Maybe like dailykos or something but cmon CNN that's a stretch. Breitbart is like 90 percent bs. Show me a fake news report by CNN today just for fun. I can go to breitbart and get a few within minutes.eapeccially their excellent coverage of their friend MIlo. It's true that the media does lean left, it has always been true. It's a lie that it never was. Look up the definition of journalism and also note that journalists are educated. Thats why folks that leave fox suddenly turn liberal they are paid well to make **** up and if they don't have the stones to not accept the opportunity and sell out they take it.

I'm curious as to what metrics you are using to define a news story as BS then. If I hand you the same story---one reported by breitbart and one reported by cnn...how are you establishing which one is fake? (Hint: they both are)

And hey don't really agree with much of Obama foreign involvement but I was making the point that Trump has ****ed everything up in his first few weeks including that raid.

Also curious about that "30 innocents" number? What qualifies one as an innocent? If you're a prominent drug dealer whose house is raided and your kids die during the exchange of fire with the DEA team when they raid your house, that's the DEAs fault? Unreal.

Also curious about that "30 innocents" number? What qualifies one as an innocent? If you're a prominent drug dealer whose house is raided and your kids die during the exchange of fire with the DEA team when they raid your house, that's the DEAs fault? Unreal.

Well I should have clarified civilians and you missed my point. Either way they have families who are now going to hate the US and want revenge, never ending cycle. And yeah, quite possibly could be DEAs fault, depends on the circumstances. I'm not even gonna comment on a white nationalist (blantant racist) website verse CNN. Want to compare fox verse CNN may have some arguements

Well I should have clarified civilians and you missed my point. Either way they have families who are now going to hate the US and want revenge, never ending cycle. And yeah, quite possibly could be DEAs fault, depends on the circumstances. I'm not even gonna comment on a white nationalist (blantant racist) website verse CNN. Want to compare fox verse CNN may have some arguements

Triple down and quadruple down on calling people racist. It just feeds the fire and continues to burn down the progressive movement. I didn't see any white nationalist in Berkeley attacking people and setting things on fire.