Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

Just saw this story this morning. Obviously it's going to create a ton of controversy but I wanted to know what you guys thought. I read an interesting article about him and his parents bringing him up - black kid adopted by white parents who encouraged him to "stay true to his black roots". But I'll hope you guys want to discuss....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see what this really achieves other than making him look like an clown.

If he really wanted to stand up for what he believes in then use his voice for some positive action. This is chicken **** look at me clap trap.

It's his right, but it's also my right to call him a piece of trash. He should be getting use to sitting all game anyway, total flash in the pan.

Also, has anyone seen his Twitter feed... Dude seems like a full on Black Nationalist

Racial injustice lol.

Ironic how he was raised with so called "white privilege". This guy is a huge POS, sure it's his 1st Amendment Right but countless people have given their lives, limbs and minds for him to exercise this right and this country has given him everything. F U Kaepernick, you're such a phony.

Racial injustice lol.

Ironic how he was raised with so called "white privilege". This guy is a huge POS, sure it's his 1st Amendment Right but countless people have given their lives, limbs and minds for him to exercise this right and this country has given him everything. F U Kaepernick, you're such a phony.

True, he was adopted into an upper middle class white family. This whole thing feels phony.

Look at me. I am important and controversial. I won't be playing but you will be talking about me. Dude has the maturity level of a teenager. He has since he has come into the league. Nothing has changed. He will be booed in every stadium. Can't wait to see it.

Look at me. I am important and controversial. I won't be playing but you will be talking about me. Dude has the maturity level of a teenager. He has since he has come into the league. Nothing has changed. He will be booed in every stadium. Can't wait to see it.

He's always been a punk. There's much more effective ways to get your point across than being a disrespectful POS. Now all that comes to mind is what an azz hole he is, nobody thinks about why he's doing it.

Won't be booed because he won't be playing...

Won't be booed because he won't be playing...

SF is a pretty commie town, he might get the treatment of a conquering hero sticking it to the man.

I respect the right of an individual to speak their mind, make political statements, etc... I don't want to pick at the sincerity of it, he very well may have strong convictions about the whole thing, I don't know and can't judge. I do know that the National Anthem is a pretty big deal, if you don't want bother to stand and pay respects to a country that feeds and nurtures you, I say you can go ahead and GTFO.

SF is a pretty commie town, he might get the treatment of a conquering hero sticking it to the man.

I respect the right of an individual to speak their mind, make political statements, etc... I don't want to pick at the sincerity of it, he very well may have strong convictions about the whole thing, I don't know and can't judge. I do know that the National Anthem is a pretty big deal, if you don't want bother to stand and pay respects to a country that feeds and nurtures you, I say you can go ahead and GTFO.

My point is that he might be riding the bench so very little opportunity for him to get cheered or booed

If you're going to mess with a national anthem, everyone knows the best way to do it is : be blessed with a naturally good voice, take a ton of singing lessons, stick to classical music in the face of pop popularity, join a group with 3 other like minded musicians, practice hard, become famous, get asked to sing the Canadian anthem at the MLB all star game.....and then totally blow your future for 2 lines of stupidity!!!

When black folks are out setting fires you say they should peacefully protest. They sit quietly and peacefully and you still complain.

Ain't no pleasing you white folks;)

Clever.

I think that the issue is that people need to protest in a way appropriate to their station. I am Irish but I don't go burning down Catholic churches. Yes, the Catholic - Protestant conflict is part of my racial heritage, but I am pretty far removed from it here in the US. Beyond that, socioeconomic conditions govern how a person should protest as well.

Now, note than when I say "should" protest, I only say should in the sense that if you do not protest "appropriately" it may be misconstrued as less than genuine.

The issue with Kaepernick, aside from the ridiculously difficult to spell last name, is that his protest comes across as silly because he is an extremely well off athlete who is really not even remotely affected by what he is protesting. So even though his message is legit, even if his motivation is good, it just makes him look like an anus.

Also, anti-patriotic protests and messages are seldom well received, just ask the Dixie Chicks. Next time where a black arm band or fly a flag upside down.

That is my observation anyways.

When black folks are out setting fires you say they should peacefully protest. They sit quietly and peacefully and you still complain.

Ain't no pleasing you white folks;)

How about doing what most of us "folks" do. You know going to work and raising your family. Seems to work for those that try it.

Edited by nickman54