Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

He has every right to do what he wants since this great country allowed him to have this freedom.

Ok that just sounds wrong.

People fought and protested for thier freedoms. It wasn't handed over easily.

Why do they need to give up everything in support of thier cause?

I find it laughable that we sit on our fat a$$es while we watch games at home but get ultra butthurt when colin take a knee.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok that just sounds wrong.

People fought and protested for thier freedoms. It wasn't handed over easily.

Why do they need to give up everything in support of thier cause?

I find it laughable that we sit on our fat a$$es while we watch games at home but get ultra butthurt when colin take a knee.

I find it tasteless considering all of the teams doing 9/11 tributes during the pregame.

...and you're not sitting on your a$$ watching the game to make some sort of 'statement.' if he cared that deeply, he would do something meaningful.

...and you're not sitting on your a$$ watching the game to make some sort of 'statement.' if he cared that deeply, he would do something meaningful.

The point being if people are so worked up about the national anthem git off your couch at home.

What can he do or what is the appropriate course of action that would make you and others here give a damn about his cause?

I don't like his choice of protest and think it's failing for what he intended. more people are talking about his choice of protest to sit/kneel for America's national anthem rather than WHY he was protesting in the first place. that isn't really accomplishing anything. I think it's also hurting him personally because what happens after the season. he is now a backup QB and if the 49ers decide to cut him it could be that nobody wants him because he is a distraction.

The point being if people are so worked up about the national anthem git off your couch at home.

What can he do or what is the appropriate course of action that would make you and others here give a damn about his cause?

It's not about me giving a damn about his cause...it's about doing something that will actually make a difference. Since I'm a huge fan of the band, check out Bama Works and the positive influence it brings to communities (no, not that bama). There are ways to influence positive change without creating controversy. Wearing socks with pigs wearing police hats is not a positive way to "create dialogue." It simply proves what a massive douche he is.

It's not about me giving a damn about his cause...it's about doing something that will actually make a difference. Since I'm a huge fan of the band, check out Bama Works and the positive influence it brings to communities (no, not that bama). There are ways to influence positive change without creating controversy. Wearing socks with pigs wearing police hats is not a positive way to "create dialogue." It simply proves what a massive douche he is.

He's donating $1m to community outreach + all of his jersey royalties this year. Is that significant enough for you? Does that make enough of a difference?

He's donating $1m to community outreach + all of his jersey royalties this year. Is that significant enough for you? Does that make enough of a difference?

if he really gave 2 shts about this, he would have done that first instead of trying to create controversy. he just wants attention and he's getting it. he doesn't give a crap about this cause. if he does, why hasn't he done anything before now? I mean, this conversation has been going on for a couple of years now.

he's a douche looking for attention and people are giving it to him.

I will say he's getting people to at least listen. I mean, he is getting a lot attention good and bad. More people are sitting down now.

However, to answer Davis's and Pregame's comments, I would say instead of driving a gap between cops(pig socks) and blacks(shootings), why not do some out reach programs for inner cities. Gather up cops commissioners and blacks of Ferfuson, ,Chicago, and LA and have a real "sit down" and discuss the issues at hand. Try get some answers. Throwing money at something is nice but it's a lazy approach by someone that apparently has an emotional tie to this. It's like us bitching about Hilary and Trump. We send our 20 dollars to our party affiliate, but then don't vote this election because we hate both candidates.

He's a celebrity, and a sports star. He has much more pull then you or I. That's all my complaint is about. Don't make it about the flag. Or now that you have made it about that, now go and lead on to more hands on work.

For me, the pig socks are the bigger issue. While sitting during the anthem shows disrespect to the flag/country and to the service men and women that have fought and died to protect the freedoms that the flag represents, it is not a blatant attack on any particular group of people.

The pig socks, however, are a specific attack on an entire group of people (all police officers). It is making the implicit argument that all police are "pigs" (i.e. less than human). Imagine the outcry if an NFL player wore socks with black people in prison uniforms.

What pisses me off is the media. They spend more than half of the anthem focusing on the players kneeling and standing with fists raised than they do showing the person singing or the flag itself. I am all for peaceful protest and I absolutely agree they have a right to do so. As a Veteran I just don't agree with the way they are going about it. The media needs to start doing to these guys what they do to the idiots who run across the field. DON'T SHOW THEM!

What pisses me off is the media. They spend more than half of the anthem focusing on the players kneeling and standing with fists raised than they do showing the person singing or the flag itself. I am all for peaceful protest and I absolutely agree they have a right to do so. As a Veteran I just don't agree with the way they are going about it. The media needs to start doing to these guys what they do to the idiots who run across the field. DON'T SHOW THEM!

I love the idea, but controversy means more people tune in. More viewers, more revenue. More revenue, more televising this stuff.

For me, the pig socks are the bigger issue. While sitting during the anthem shows disrespect to the flag/country and to the service men and women that have fought and died to protect the freedoms that the flag represents, it is not a blatant attack on any particular group of people.

The pig socks, however, are a specific attack on an entire group of people (all police officers). It is making the implicit argument that all police are "pigs" (i.e. less than human). Imagine the outcry if an NFL player wore socks with black people in prison uniforms.

God bless South Park

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goWXdybAtC0[/ame]