Why is the biggest sports story in the last few months locked????

DTCBND03

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, if I got that locked.. I was actually just joking with him, sarcasm didn't come through well there. Now off to cook some bacon and get donuts.:grin:

ย 

I did not even see that comment. Not sure what you meant by APEX COP, but you know very little of the situation, so dont judge. I am actually a very nice cop. :)

ย 

Its ok though, I ended up arresting that husband the following week. He decided to run when I arrived. He didnt get far and I got some satisfaction. :thumb:

I did not even see that comment. Not sure what you meant by APEX COP, but you know very little of the situation, so dont judge. I am actually a very nice cop. :)

ย 

Its ok though, I ended up arresting that husband the following week. He decided to run when I arrived. He didnt get far and I got some satisfaction. :thumb:

ย 

Would you let me off for speeding if I drove through your area?:razz:

Would you let me off for speeding if I drove through your area?:razz:

ย 

Probably, unless you are doing like 18 over or little children are frolicing nearby. :grouphug:

ย 

I rarely give tickets outside of traffic accidents when I am required to issue a ticket... I have only written two speeding tickets in my career, not big on writing tickets. Night shift officers have better stuff to do than dish out tickets. I pull people over all the time, but I just give them warnings, check for warrants, make sure they have insurance, watch for drugs, and check their driving status. I swear, like 40% of the people I pull over have suspended licenses. :car:

Edited by NDhoosier

ย 

ย 

Well I'll be honest, the way you come off on this board sometimes I've had to say to myself he's everything wrong with law enforcement. it sounds meaner then my actual intent but you just strikes me as a guy that when even off duty looks for a reason to whip out his badge and exert some type of authority.

ย 

Hopefully i'm wrong.

I'm amazed that people are asking for Goodell to quit, resign whatever. Dude has been nothing but awesome for the NFL. Sure he made a mistake about Rice and I believe he saw video before decision but no one gave two craps about the Greg Hardy story....why? no video. even though he was found guilty and he dragged her around by hair, grabbed her throat and said he was gonna kill girlfriend. i never heard anyone talking about it really. Let Goodell make a mistake and move on and let's focus on who the real bad guys are: Rice, Hardy, etc.

I'm amazed that people are asking for Goodell to quit, resign whatever. Dude has been nothing but awesome for the NFL. Sure he made a mistake about Rice and I believe he saw video before decision but no one gave two craps about the Greg Hardy story....why? no video. even though he was found guilty and he dragged her around by hair, grabbed her throat and said he was gonna kill girlfriend. i never heard anyone talking about it really. Let Goodell make a mistake and move on and let's focus on who the real bad guys are: Rice, Hardy, etc.

ย 

ย 

This is written like an owner, not a fan.

ย 

I like watching football on Sunday. Not Roger Goodell nor anyone for that matter can change that and I hate Thursday night NFL for that matter. He has made the owners more money but that has nothing to do with me or you.

ย 

He has however handled like a blind man fumbling for his keys. He preaches the reputation and image of the shield yet in 1 month he single handedly has done more damage to that that any player ever could have. His mismanagement of the suspension and subsequent denials was amateur hour for a guy who makes $44 million a year. He is a joke commissioner and if he hadn't lined his bosses pockets so well then he would be out on his ear with very few people sad to see the back of him.

You say he's a joke of a commish yet he's done exactly what his job title entails...line owners and subsequently players pockets with money. He negotiated an increase in the previous TV deal by 40%!!!! He's turned every aspect of NFL into dollar generating businesses. Look at NFL draft coverage now. They even want to charge the super bowl halftime show for exposure...greedy but brilliant! so how is he a joke? cause he makes 1 mistake by not suspending Ray Rice more than 2 games...c'mon! And as for the video. Yeah it's brutal. Yeah it changed everything about peoples viewpoints....aka...where was Hannah Storm's speech after Greg Hardy? Nowhere. Where was Cris Carter's speech after Greg Hardy? Nowhere. Or after any of the past NFL domestic violence cases? Nowhere. I mean we have people who play snaps in the NFL that have killed people...see Donte Stallworth. The fact of the matter is that this video put a visual in everyones mind as to the violence that goes on and Goodell was likely trying to just do damage control by keeping it under wraps which failed. Maybe he thought if video hadn't come out yet that it might be forgotten. Not sure. Just let Goodell admit he saw tape...messed up suspension and apologize and move on.

Well I'll be honest, the way you come off on this board sometimes I've had to say to myself he's everything wrong with law enforcement. it sounds meaner then my actual intent but you just strikes me as a guy that when even off duty looks for a reason to whip out his badge and exert some type of authority.

ย 

Hopefully i'm wrong.

ย 

You are, I like to let loose and call people out because I cannot really do it on my job without people complaining. But if you think I am bad based on this forum, then I worry for a lot of people on this board, including you. :)

ย 

Besides, everything you think is wrong with law enforcement is only true for less than 1% of all law enforcement officers, which is true for just about any job. People just see our mistakes on TV and then judge the rest of us. Unlike your job where your mistakes our held within the company and no one outside can judge you or your profession (I have no idea what you do, unless you are a teacher, I am pretty confident my statement holds true, because teachers are a lot like cops, their mistakes are made public and the media jumps on it and attacks all teachers).

Edited by NDhoosier

You are, I like to let loose and call people out because I cannot really do it on my job without people complaining. But if you think I am bad based on this forum, then I worry for a lot of people on this board, including you. :)

ย 

Besides, everything you think is wrong with law enforcement is only true for less than 1% of all law enforcement officers, which is true for just about any job. People just see our mistakes on TV and then judge the rest of us. Unlike your job where your mistakes our held within the company and no one outside can judge you or your profession (I have no idea what you do, unless you are a teacher, I am pretty confident my statement holds true, because teachers are a lot like cops, their mistakes are made public and the media jumps on it and attacks all teachers).

ย 

People judge law enforcement by their interaction with them, not TV. I think many officers are unaware in how they come off. I've never even had a traffic ticket so i'm not some angry person.

ย 

Your example about the police and tv is not accurate imo. Lets say I work for UPS. If I get caught stealing packing tape it won't make the news but neither would you stealing the yellow tape. Now if I were caught with a prostitute in a park wearing my brown shorts in a UPS truck, yeah that would be on the news as it would for you. Now the police are in the news a lot more then the ups guys. They might be less then 1% .

ย 

We have several policemen on this board but you're the only one I know by name because you bring it up all the time.

We have several policemen on this board but you're the only one I know by name because you bring it up all the time.

ย 

I do? You mean like on topics that are about police? I think it is fair to say what I do in those cases so people understand where I am coming from. Others have brought it up in a backhanded way much like you did in this thread. Or speedster and I joking about the job on live chat?

ย 

People judge law enforcement by their interaction with them, not TV. I think many officers are unaware in how they come off. I've never even had a traffic ticket so i'm not some angry person.

ย 

First, do not down play TV and the media's role in this. Media has a profound impact on how people view this job. I promise you every cop on this board can give you 10 examples from their last shift where media played some role in how people thought of them or what they could or could not do. Most common, Miranda Rights... TV shows have botched the public understanding of Miranda Rights.

ย 

I have heard this before, but I dont think you have much room to talk if you have never gotten a ticket. Do people always tell you after they get a ticket how rude the officer was or something? They break the laws, but it is the cop's fault for catching them. Maybe it is the other way around, people approach us with a preconceived notion and act accordingly, so anything we do is confirmation bias. Besides, people do not really like their rights taken away, even after they have committed a crime, so who do they blame? The person who is doing their job and punishing them for breaking the law. A good example, remember when you were a kid and your dad spanked you for being a bad boy/girl? Well, you hated your dad for the next hour or so "I HATE YOU!"; similar concept in my opinion. Blame the punisher for catching you, not yourself for committing the improper act.

ย 

Tell me, who is the rude one in this video, who "comes off" negatively? The taxpayer or the cop? Before you say this does not happen in real life, it does (except the ice cream part, she aint getting a lick from my cone!). I hear this about twice a month...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9b1YqPZAH_M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ย 

-If you say the taxpayer is the rude one in this video, then you should realize that we deal with people identical to this on a daily basis, even on the routine traffic stops, then they go back and tell you how rude the cops were.

-If you say the cop is the rude one in this video, then you are an individual who has preconceived notions about cops and if they say anything you do not agree with, they are automatically rude. Also, if you believe this, what could the cop have said to not have been rude? If the cop ignored her, would he have been rude?

Edited by NDhoosier