2015 Bishop Gorman S Fertitta offered

Nico Fertitta son of Lorenzo Fertitta (CEO of the UFC) has been offered by ND and is considered to be a lock. Dad is a huge fan and family has attended several games over the past few seasons.

Between Bon Jovi's kid, Collinsworth, Golic x2, Montana and now Nico...we certainly don't lack famous families on the roster...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nico Fertitta son of Lorenzo Fertitta (CEO of the UFC) has been offered by ND and is considered to be a lock. Dad is a huge fan and family has attended several games over the past few seasons.

Between Bon Jovi's kid, Collinsworth, Golic x2, Montana and now Nico...we certainly don't lack famous families on the roster...

Don't forget about Hunter and Robinson

Other than Robinson' date=' not really excited about any of the famous sons ND has recruited. Kind of wish they would just stick to getting good football players.[/quote']

already calling Hunter a bust? Man, ND fans sure dont have patience anymore, poor kids.

Having said that, I am not excited about this offer.

I almost never say I don't like an offer because I trust the staff to know what they are doing. But this is strange to me. 5'10" 4.6 forty guys usually can't be called difference makers. He looked smaller compared to the high school kids. What is he going to do against a 6'6" TE? Not fast enough to play CB. I don't get this one.

Other than Robinson' date=' not really excited about any of the famous sons ND has recruited. Kind of wish they would just stick to getting good football players.[/quote']

Who else are we really talking about aside from Hunter, whose very well regarded?

Collinsworth isn't a star but he's contributed.

Are there embarrassing busts I'm not aware if?

Who else are we really talking about aside from Hunter, whose very well regarded?

Collinsworth isn't a star but he's contributed.

Are there embarrassing busts I'm not aware if?

I'm assuming he is including the Nate Montana experiment. Jake Golic never did much, but that may be as much injury, ALl Americans in front than actual talent.

Bon Jovi son isn't on a holly, so he doesn't really count.

So I'd say 1 bust in Montana. One success in Mike Golic. One contributor in Collinsworth. One extenuating circumstances in Jake Golic. Two TBD in Hunter/Robinson.

I'm assuming he is including the Nate Montana experiment. Jake Golic never did much, but that may be as much injury, ALl Americans in front than actual talent.

Bon Jovi son isn't on a holly, so he doesn't really count.

So I'd say 1 bust in Montana. One success in Mike Golic. One contributor in Collinsworth. One extenuating circumstances in Jake Golic. Two TBD in Hunter/Robinson.

Montana began as a preferred walk-on as well so I'm not sure there's much need to bellyache about him either. The success rate of famous progeny seem pretty equivalent to that of the general scholarship population.

already calling Hunter a bust? Man, ND fans sure dont have patience anymore, poor kids.

Not calling him a bust, just not excited about him. Really hard to be excited over someone I've never seen play in games or even practice videos. Maybe he'll surprise me, but I see a logjam at WR at the moment.

Just watched the video of Nico, Coach. I really liked his film. One of the things I really liked was his ability to read what the Quarterback was going to do with the football. I also really like the way he didn't keep himself out of plays by trying to over-pursue the ball, and using his speed to get around the masses to make plays.

I like him honestly. Reminds me a bit of Vinny Sunseri at Bama coming out of high school.

Intended or not, this statement implies that BK takes a paparazzi approach to recruiting...to which I say give me a break! What does anyone or anything in the program get out of that?? "Yeah screw quality, let's just go after the famous ones." I hope the staff is reading this board so that they can better understand that what we need is GOOD players.

Intended or not, this statement implies that BK takes a paparazzi approach to recruiting...to which I say give me a break! What does anyone or anything in the program get out of that?? "Yeah screw quality, let's just go after the famous ones." I hope the staff is reading this board so that they can better understand that what we need is GOOD players.

We are in the period of early offers. We probably shouldn't be tossing out offers to famous kids who have sh*tty offer lists....at a position of need.....when they will probably pull the trigger immediately and fill a spot.

I'm sorry....I just don't see it. Kids looks average. No explosion, fluidity or instincts that I see. His video was an extremely poor representation of his skill set. I have been doing this a while now and this is one of the weakest offers I've seen go out. Hope

I'm wrong!

My thoughts exactly. Hunter's injury was strange indeed, but we have to see him in practice and on the field to conclude anything. I am optomistic about his return. Fertitta Fertatta... who cares.