Any beer suggestions for chili?

corysold

Got my first pot of the season going right now, which is practically a holiday in itself in my house.

Any beer suggestions? I'd usually just go Guinness, but I'm looking to switch it up a bit.

So far I haven't been steered wrong on here, the Farmhouse Tank 7 ale being particularly well liked.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Illinois...so you might be able to find them! You have a quest my friend...Goose Island creates two specialty beers, they sell them in 4-packs. The first is a Pale Ale, Matilda. The second is a spicy dark Belgian Ale, Pepe Nero. The Pepe Nero would be the better for cooking IMO but man...I could get an IV straight to my taste buds of Matilda.

http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/beer_finder/332.php

Find it...

Illinois...so you might be able to find them! You have a quest my friend...Goose Island creates two specialty beers, they sell them in 4-packs. The first is a Pale Ale, Matilda. The second is a spicy dark Belgian Ale, Pepe Nero. The Pepe Nero would be the better for cooking IMO but man...I could get an IV straight to my taste buds of Matilda.

Find it...

I'm from Bloomington, IL and you can get both of those at Friar Tuck's or Binny's.. Both are great beers.

I'm from Bloomington, IL and you can get both of those at Friar Tuck's or Binny's.. Both are great beers.

Shoot, I was just in Pekin a few weeks back for a family reunion. My wife went to ISU, we get there every 8 years or so. I'm like 2 hours North near Dekalb, next time you have no one to watch a game with let me know, well meet half way and settle our differences once and for all!

Shoot, I was just in Pekin a few weeks back for a family reunion. My wife went to ISU, we get there every 8 years or so. I'm like 2 hours North near Dekalb, next time you have no one to watch a game with let me know, well meet half way and settle our differences once and for all!

Hahaha.. You pick the bar in Ottawa, IL and I'm all for it.. And if we want to get Piratey in on the mix, we could all just meet in South Bend.

My parents live in Elburn.

Find it...

My local grocer had it, but good gosh, cost me like half a pack of diapers! It'd better be worth it!

Geneva, St. Charles is a nice area. Do you frequent the Elburn meat market? Reems I think its called.

Love me some Reams! They make some great bratwurst/sausage. There is anothe real good one in Dekalb, sobi don't get there too much anymore. Where do your folks live? I used to represent some if the builders in Elburn back in my Realtor days.

Not too far from the Blackberry Inn, I think just off of Route 47.

Nice, that is a great spot, country living, but close enough to town. I just looked at 20 acres literally two minutes from there for a steal, but couldn't quite pull the trigger.

Any beer suggestions? I'd usually just go Guinness, but I'm looking to switch it up a bit.

Cory, not sure if you can get Bell's but it is a fantastic micro brew from Kalamazoo. They refuse to store at really cold temps so it's only available in certain markets.

More of a macro brew drinker these days but always loved Samuel Smith's beer, especially the Oatmeal stout...but that is kind of like a meal unto itself so not sure how it would mix with chili.