ND Women tourney

Refs are a lot worse in girls then boys but it has gotten better compared to years past. This isn't the refs game though you never take out your best player with 2 fouls. Also, ND has missed countless easy lay ups should easily be a 15 point lead.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if they just flipped a coin on all calls or what.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notre Dame totally missed Skylar in the first half. Her two fouls in the first four minutes were huge. Even when she came back in, she wasn't playing aggressively at all. Once she hit her stride, and didn't really have to worry about the fouls, things changed for the Irish. She is the captain of thier ship and that was made very apparent tonight. Hopefully the refs don't take key players out of the game when they face Uconn for the fourth time.

Can't say enough about Skylar. Her overall game has transcended any ND player I've ever seen throughout the McGraw era. She really does have everything... I really hope she gets a championship to complete her ND career before moving on to a successful career in whatever she decides to do. Stay away from Lil Wayne and his sizzurp though...lol.

Can't say enough about Skylar. Her overall game has transcended any ND player I've ever seen throughout the McGraw era. She really does have everything... I really hope she gets a championship to complete her ND career before moving on to a successful career in whatever she decides to do.

I agree totally. She sure is fun to watch. What I love most about her is that she changes her game based on how her teamates are playing, the opposing team's strategy, etc. Last night, you saw her start draining 3s when the rest of ND went cold. Then, to get the tone of the 2nd half started off right, she went crazy on defense to get the rest of her team in that mindset. Then, as Duke tried to dictate a slower tempo, she started pushing it up the court.

She doesn't care about scoring the most points or being the MVP; she cares about her team winning.

I am anxious about the UConn game. It's tough to beat a good team that many times in a row. The women need to come out with fire and energy from the start. It should be a good one!

Not sure if anyone watched the girls HS all American game but not so excited for what our 2 players have to helping the team next year. Both didn't look so good and both didnt score much at all.

And ND Men's Basketball's, soon-to-be stud PG, Demetrius Jackson, only scored a couple of points and had a bunch of layups blocked. Does that mean that he's no good?? Of course not. These games show very little so I'm not worried about the two studs McGraw is bringing in. Both are very talented and are highly regarded and will learn a lot playing under upperclassmen. :grin:

Jackson is a different story hes going to pass it to players that can dunk and put on a show, he didn't try to make an impression. These girls were getting outplayed by 6+ girls that we could be playing in the future and looked a ton better. If the Allen girl isn't a combination of Lloyd or Diggins or something that will help us next year things could get ugly. As you see Lloyd and Mcbride are better off the ball and someone needs to be the point, which might easily be Allen. Also, Riemer seems very good with the ball, pretty much a better Achonwa, hopefully she can rebound better, and foul less.

Not sure if anyone watched the girls HS all American game but not so excited for what our 2 players have to helping the team next year. Both didn't look so good and both didnt score much at all.

Did you watch Jewell Lloyd in the game last year? She looked like crap. These games don't mean anything about a player, some players just try to score Te ball every time it touches their hands and refuse to pass. The fact that they made the game says a lot more about their abilities than what they DO in the game.

I kind of feel like UCONN is going to take it Sunday. It is extremely difficult to beat a very good team 4 times in one season. Hope I am wrong. The road is much easier if they get past UCONN after Baylor's exit.

The third one is the hardest. As long as they execute on offense and continue to defend, they will beat Geno's team. The burden is on Uconn to prove they can actually beat us and i would imagine the pressure in their locker room is immense. We'll take this one. Go Irish!

I kind of feel like UCONN is going to take it Sunday. It is extremely difficult to beat a very good team 4 times in one season. Hope I am wrong. The road is much easier if they get past UCONN after Baylor's exit.

Vegas agrees with you. Uconn is favored to win by 2.5.