ND Women tourney

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If im not mistaken there were only 2 air ball threes from the same player which is Turner who rarely plays. Sounds like to me someone didnt watch the game much. ND went down to the post plenty of times they just miss a bunch of lay-ups which happens a lot in girls. Plus ND is probably the best jump shooting team.

Iowa also had at least 4 air ball tree pointers. That is Six or Seven freaking air ball three pointers. I agree that, at times, the passing by ND was outstanding. But I absolutely stand by my statement that girls BB is maddeningly frustrating to watch. Hope they win the tourney though and beat Baylor...along with the only dude in woman's BB.

Just got to watch the game. ND definitely benefited from playing Kansas...a 12 seed that had a couple upsets. Now...SHE MAN lost....This TOTALLY opens the door for ND to win it all! ND will face a tough game against Duke but will beat them. IMO, the championship game is now ND/UConn. It's still a long way to go but that game is it!

Just got to watch the game. ND definitely benefited from playing Kansas...a 12 seed that had a couple upsets. Now...SHE MAN lost....This TOTALLY opens the door for ND to win it all! ND will face a tough game against Duke but will beat them. IMO, the championship game is now ND/UConn. It's still a long way to go but that game is it!

Totally agree. I was screaming at those Louisville girls coming down the stretch. They were trying to blow it. We would have beaten Baylor today. We were much crisper. It will be tough to beat Connecticut again. Bring on Duke.

Am I the only one that thought immediately that the women now have a chance to win it all? I didn't expect them to beat Baylor at all so thank god they were knocked out.

If Baylor played like they did against Louisville we would have beaten them. I was shocked at all the layups attempted by Louisville. Griner was always away from the basket, but believe me, I'm glad they are gone and our chances improved. We are the favorite, but this is still a tough road with Connecticut. I agree we will spank Duke.

There is no doubt that ND/ Uconn are heavy favorites now. Obviously root hard for Kentucky tonight because as good as ND is playing Uconn is playing just as well....and to beat a team that good 4 times in 1 year is going to take some smooth playing, and a little luck. Hopefully it gets in their heads a little if the game is close. They both do still have to win 1 more game though.

Give Louisville credit, they did hit 16 3's. I'm not sure ND could duplicate that. So no, I think ND still would had lost to Baylor if they both played the same way yesterday against each other.

The UCONN game scares me, it's not easy beating a team 4 times in a row or in the same season for that matter.

ND only favored by 6 tonight. I think this might be a tougher game than some of you are thinking. Although Duke is minus one of their good players, it seems to have brought them together and they are playing well. I'm sure Muffet has them focused but they better not be looking ahead to Uconn....

They are getting beat down right now.

I've watched the last 6 minutes and it looks like they want Duke to move on. I admit that I don't watch much female basketball, but the calls are notrocious. Maybe that's just how it is in the women's game, but it's pretty pathetic. And trust me, I am not one to bitch about ref's, umps, or officials!