Presidential Debate Thoughts?

Romney put on a great show... But that's all it was.

He talked alot of what he was going to do but never explained HOW....

Obama dropped the ball last, Romney won that Debate but not my Vote...

Obama never attacked Romney.. If he wants to win this election he has to be more aggresive and attack Romney on all the lye's and what he meant about that 75%...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand this statement- of course he has something to gain from being the POTUS. If his policies were to support the wealthy, he can greatly increase his own wealth from being President.

Obama has much less to gain personally from a second term. As a former President, all he has to do is write a book and go on speaking tours and he's set for life.

The statement was reinforcing the clear notion that Mitt Romney genuinely cares about this country and the economical disarray we're in now. He could make far more money focusing all his attention on his owned entities now and his own investments rather than being president. He is already worth over 220 million. Making more money for himself, personally, isn't meaningful to him as he more than enough currently. Righting this sinking U.S. ship is what he wants to do, and that's a concept liberals can't seem to understand.

Romney was incredible last night and showed an intense knowledge of every aspect that was discussed. There is no reason not to vote for him. This country is about to undergo a fiscal melt down if we don't get somebody in there to stop the spending. It is purely insane to keep going a trillion more in debt every year (even faster then that under Obama). I heard solutions. I heard ideas. I heard a plan. Energy independence. Build the pipeline. Produce coal. Drill offshore. Cut the bad regulations and support small business. Get this country back to work and off the food stamps. Awesome Awesome debate, clearly dominated by Romney.

Paul Ryan will dominate Joe Biden who has informed us the middle class has been buried the last 4 years. First statement he made I agree with!!! I hope we can kick butt in football the way Romney kicked Obama.

The statement was reinforcing the clear notion that Mitt Romney genuinely cares about this country and the economical disarray we're in now. He could make far more money focusing all his attention on his owned entities now and his own investments rather than being president. He is already worth over 220 million. Making more money for himself, personally, isn't meaningful to him as he more than enough currently. Righting this sinking U.S. ship is what he wants to do, and that's a concept liberals can't seem to understand.

I would argue that becoming the POTUS would be the biggest thing a wealthy man can do to increase his own wealth. The President can shape policies to benefit whichever part of society he wants. Generally, wealthy people always look for ways to get more money. That's how they became wealthy in the first place. Nobody ever looks at their bank statement and decides that they have enough money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to imply that those are Romneys's intentions and I'm trying to use as many hypotheticals as I can to convery that. I just disagree with your logic presented here.

Obama never attacked Romney.. If he wants to win this election he has to be more aggresive and attack Romney on all the lye's and what he meant about that 75%...

So you want Romney to lay out all the details in a 1.5 hour debate that was supposed to be limited to 3 minute responses?

Just like Obam laid out all the details about his stimulus and Obamacare programs 4 years ago....oh, wait a minute.....

I would argue that becoming the POTUS would be the biggest thing a wealthy man can do to increase his own wealth. The President can shape policies to benefit whichever part of society he wants. Generally, wealthy people always look for ways to get more money. That's how they became wealthy in the first place. Nobody ever looks at their bank statement and decides that they have enough money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to imply that those are Romneys's intentions and I'm trying to use as many hypotheticals as I can to convery that. I just disagree with your logic presented here.

It certainly couldn't hurt I concur, in respect to his own wealth, however there are far bigger fish to fry here for Romney. It's almost pathetic that Obama could not and did not respond to Romney's persistence about his numbers: 45% tax rate for some, 700,000 losing medicare, 90 billion to green companies, an astonishing national deficit that Obama has effectively exploded, and even 43 months of unemployment over 8%. The saddest thing is Obama has no response to any of these issues under his administration. None. Nada. Zilch. This country deserves a helluva better than that, and the fact that he can't provide answers nor attempts to is disgraceful. Edited by OKCIrish99

Romney was incredible last night and showed an intense knowledge of every aspect that was discussed.
I had a feeling he would display this "intense knowledge" here you're referring to. He knows his stuff flat out and additionally loves economics/finances also. Maybe, that's why everything he touches turns to gold. What a concept? Put a man in office to preside over the greatest country in the world who actually knows what he's doing and thoroughly enjoys it also.

Obama, on the other hand, reportedly was quoted as saying earlier this week that prepping for the debate was a drag. Great attitude there President.

Making a statement.

I didn't say I wasn't voting — I said I wasn't voting for Romney or Obama. Neither of them deserve my vote.

Do you ever consider the value of your vote in terms of who you will vote for? I'll assume you'll vote for a Libertarian or something, which is totally fine by me, you are entitled to vote for whomever you wish.

However, as you live in Ohio, do you consider that when you make your choice to vote? As in, ideally, I'd vote for this Libertarian, but since I live in a swing state, my vote could actually mean something for either candidate and therefore I'll vote for the least bad.

Again, I don't care who you vote for, just wondering about the thought process for someone who lives in a "swing state". I live in Illinois, which Obama will win by 15 points regardless of what I do (to a degree I understand), but the vote will be much closer in Ohio, where one or two votes (or a few thousand voters like yourself) could make a difference.

So you want Romney to lay out all the details in a 1.5 hour debate that was supposed to be limited to 3 minute responses?

Just like Obam laid out all the details about his stimulus and Obamacare programs 4 years ago....oh, wait a minute.....

Exactly... Coming from the guy who's whole platform was two words "hope and change" lol no substance there. Obama is a hypocrite

I just saw a story posted here on our KCCI tv website, which appears to be sourced from CNN that Al Gore is blaming the altitude for Barack Obama's failure at the debate last evening, you can't even make this stuff up!

Here is the link

http://www.kcci.com/news/politics/Gore-Altitude-threw-Obama-off-no-really/-/9356970/16858156/-/b0nh6oz/-/index.html

Edited by The Four Horsemen

I just saw a story posted here on our KCCI tv website, which appears to be sourced from CNN that Al Gore is blaming the altitude for Barack Obama's failure at the debate last evening, you can't even make this stuff up!

Here is the link

http://www.kcci.com/news/politics/Gore-Altitude-threw-Obama-off-no-really/-/9356970/16858156/-/b0nh6oz/-/index.html

Altitude plus Global Warming? Are you kidding me, that would F anyone up. I'm shocked the President could even stand for 90 minutes under those dire circumstances.

Altitude plus Global Warming? Are you kidding me, that would F anyone up. I'm shocked the President could even stand for 90 minutes under those dire circumstances.
Ah I see now the reason for Obama's lackluster performance. Peculiar that it enhanced Romney's act but deteriorated Obama's. That darn altitude.:laugh:

Clearly Romney kicked Obama's arse in the debate.

Whether or not that leads to a Republican victory is another matter.

Jumping on Romney for a lack of specifics is rich -

as Rocket's Revenge pointed out.

One has to be careful with polls. Many are using a +8 Dem sample,

echoing the turnout for the 2008 election. How is that justified?

Obama didn't look the part during the debate; Romney did.

Did Obama blow off debate prep or not take Romney seriously?

Was Obama hurt by the format of actually being questioned and spoken back to and being without the use of a TelePrompter?

Romney looked more presidential and that had to sway some Independents.

We KNOW what 4 years of Obama have been like -

the question is can we take four more?

That is the most un-American thing you can do short of burning the flag. Why would you not exercise your right to determine the future of the free country you live in?

No way. If you don't have a dog in the hunt, don't vote. I'd rather an uninformed, apathetic voter stay home than somebody who is guessing and doesn't know who they're really voting for. It's unamerican to vote when you don't know what's really going on. If you're going to say something's unamerican, it should be not being informed and THEN not voting.

So, you're giving your vote to a pussy who won't attack anyone, except Christians, obviously, and has no experience in life except to be GIVEN an opportunity to go to an Ivy League school based either on the color of his skin or being a foreign exchange student (we've never seen his college transcripts, so we don't know) and then doing nothing but campaigning and teaching...

When, you could give your vote to a guy who took a risk to open a business, did well at that business, built other businesses, knows accounting, knows finance, knows that when you encourage businesses to come to this country by lowering taxes you get employers who have money to hire more people who are then ALL taxed at about a 30% tax rate while producing products which are also taxed which gives more revenue to the government to provide for all the government programs liberals bitch about but don't truly know how to fund, because liberals are all unmarketable liberal arts majors who are unmarketable because they don't know the first thing about money or what it takes to make a successful business.

Hmmmm... I wonder who I'm voting for. Oh, and the thing that really gets me are the morons who bitch about their employers and want to vote for Obama. Yo, dipshit! If you voted for somebody who knew how to expand the economy, you could leave your employer for somebody who pays better or has better working conditions or both, but without jobs due to stupid liberal policies, you're stuck and the ball is in every employer's court and you can't do shit about it, because you're too F'ing stupid to know who to vote for.

So, you're giving your vote to a pussy who won't attack anyone, except Christians, obviously, and has no experience in life except to be GIVEN an opportunity to go to an Ivy League school based either on the color of his skin or being a foreign exchange student (we've never seen his college transcripts, so we don't know) and then doing nothing but campaigning and teaching...

When, you could give your vote to a guy who took a risk to open a business, did well at that business, built other businesses, knows accounting, knows finance, knows that when you encourage businesses to come to this country by lowering taxes you get employers who have money to hire more people who are then ALL taxed at about a 30% tax rate while producing products which are also taxed which gives more revenue to the government to provide for all the government programs liberals bitch about but don't truly know how to fund, because liberals are all unmarketable liberal arts majors who are unmarketable because they don't know the first thing about money or what it takes to make a successful business.

Hmmmm... I wonder who I'm voting for. Oh, and the thing that really gets me are the morons who bitch about their employers and want to vote for Obama. Yo, dipshit! If you voted for somebody who knew how to expand the economy, you could leave your employer for somebody who pays better or has better working conditions or both, but without jobs due to stupid liberal policies, you're stuck and the ball is in every employer's court and you can't do shit about it, because you're too F'ing stupid to know who to vote for.

Wow!!! You are pissed... Lol..

Lots of hyperbole here. We don't ALWAYS need to be at war. I hope we can agree that peace>war. He did attack Libya, however. Attacking other nations should absolutely be a last resort. Attack on Christians? Everyone of all religions is treated equally. Given an opportunity? He excelled academically and got into Harvard. He came from no money and made something of himself. He wasn't an exchange student. He went to Occidental, then Columbia. Maybe he got some scholarship money for being a minority, maybe he was helped by affirmative action. I can't fault a guy for using this to his advantage to make the best possible life for himself. Can you?

Romney was born into money. Yes, he did, and continues to, do very well in business. He was afforded opportunities that most of us aren't. Employers hiring more people is not correlated to their wealth. The only evidence you need is to compare CEO salaries to unemployment over time. CEO and executive salaries continue to rise (which is not a bad thing), and unemployment continues to do it's thing independent of this fact. Demand drives job creation, not trickle-down economics.

That being said, I'm not an Obama fan or a Romney fan. I'll be voting 3rd party. As Gary Johnson says: "A wasted vote is voting for someone you don't believe in." Under Romney, I think the economy will take a major step backwards, and with Obama, I think it will continue to improve at a rate that is far too slow.

Edited by ND3
Changed wording

I just wrote the longest reply i have ever written on DD but it just got wiped,,, fark.

Cliff notes in summary:

- 2008 was a disaster that the world has still not recovered from. This was primarily America's fault

- China helped many economies get keep their heads above water, this cannot last

- Europe is still years away from being a stable trading block. It is in serious trouble

- Over global demand is not growing, how do you expect America to buck that trend?

- Lower demand = lower supply, nationally and globally. People are saving rather than spending and how can you blame them. This does not crate jobs.

- There are 2 theories of economic revitalization at play here 1) cuts taxes on businesses to create jobs and 2) cut taxes on the middle classes to drive consumer consumption which has the only 'trickle down' effect that really matter i.e. increased demand equals increased production which leads to increased jobs.

- I don't believe either will work in this current economic climate. The global economic climate is too volatile and fragile to help increase jobs through cutting taxes for business and consumers are afraid. Until that is sorted out then the economy will continue on the same trajectory regardless of which candidate is elected.

Your post is terribly racist. You are saying Obama got into college based on his skin color? This has nothing to do with the debate (which I never watched), but you're saying the Harvard Law Review bases their EIC on skin color? ROFL.

Jesus man, wtf happened in your life that makes you blame the black man for your problems?

PS. Your man-crush on Romney has nothing to do with reality. His dads friends gave him an opportunity at Baine capital while totally reducing his risk, by saying their book would be blamed on lower executives, if it failed. All the while he he collected a 20% management fee and leveraged assets and pensions: yeah great for America.

Edited by KellyisNasty