Rich Pay Most of The Taxes

This is on of the consistent themes i keep saying here...

SJ, liberals in general... Government is not chairity... it is organized power. It can imprison you, take your money and home...

We as Americans are accustomed to a benevolent government, and that is a great thing, but that is a great past and not a promise of the future.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can only pay internet taxes in internet dollars. Which is all theoretical. Mind bottling.

Seriously though, there are way too many people who depend on the government for their livelihood. I am all for small amounts of social benefits so long as they are supplementing an individual's income and not the sole source of income. Also if you're giving someone handouts make them do something for it, shovel the sidewalks, cut grass, just do something.

Guest SirJohn

Great..Cough! Cough! from the haves. Can I please with out molestation by you cough! haves say that I want to help and protect the poor and certainly down tradden. Good catholics. Gee father I gave 10 percent of my tenn percent skim off to the church but I needed cable this year. get out with Mother Theresa's.

Guest SirJohn

From Carl reiner one of the best of the best.

You have to imagine yourself as not somebody very special but somebody very ordinary. If you imagine yourself as somebody really normal and if it makes you laugh, it's going to make everybody laugh. If you think of yourself as something very special, you'll end up a pedant and a bore." He continued: "If you start thinking about what's funny, you won't be funny, actually. It's like walking. How do you walk? If you start thinking about it, you'll trip."

SJ, I have absolutely no idea how that quote applies to anything remotely close to the topic of this thread.

That makes two of us. SJ imagines something is said which is not and then replies to his misinterpretation of what was said while he positions himself as the good guy and those who disagree with him as the bad guy.

He gives new meaning to the strawman and even dresses him up.

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp137/andyrgee/tomcruiselaugh.gif

So did the 42 presidents before him. Oh wait when did 9/11 happen?

I'll play this game.......when did Islamic fundametalists first gain power? Iran 1979. When was the first bombing of the world trade center? 1993. When did the bombings of Tanzania take place? 1998. USS Cole? 2000.

Have all of these individuals responsible for these terrorist attacks been punished? who were the presidents when all these took place?

There were terrorist attacks during the Reagan presidency and every time Reagan responded with one exception.

Bush did a lot of things wrong but at least he had the grapefruits to after those responsible for 9/11. Liberals meanwhile, find ways to grant rights, legal representation, and trials in civilian courtrooms to these murderers. Well, at least obama is keeping his promise and closing Gitmo right away, right?

I'll play this game.......when did Islamic fundametalists first gain power? Iran 1979. When was the first bombing of the world trade center? 1993. When did the bombings of Tanzania take place? 1998. USS Cole? 2000.

Have all of these individuals responsible for these terrorist attacks been punished? who were the presidents when all these took place?

There were terrorist attacks during the Reagan presidency and every time Reagan responded with one exception.

Bush did a lot of things wrong but at least he had the grapefruits to after those responsible for 9/11. Liberals meanwhile, find ways to grant rights, legal representation, and trials in civilian courtrooms to these murderers. Well, at least obama is keeping his promise and closing Gitmo right away, right?

"Facts are stubborn things." RR

Guest sweeney6083

God why do the creepy republicans always have to ruin a good president. Obama has to clean up George Bush's mess and trying to help the people Bush put in the poor house while making his friends rich. Yet for some reason peopl e who are not even in the proper tax bracket are lobbyinf for the top ten percent to not be taxed as much. Why do you care? Really because it would be one thing if your problem was in his spending, but you can't argue that point because your boy bush has already put us in such a hole we are lucky to have any form of banking left for your top ten percent to get taxed on. I wish you would put more thought into it then watchng fox news and getting drunk please. The Dem's have some reall issues but taxing the rich is not one of them ny friend. Health Care may be a better route. Hint Hint, I am trying to help you buddy.

[quote=scintrigue;

So did the 42 presidents before him. Oh wait when did 9/11 happen?

A Democratic member of the 9/11 commission says there was a larger issue: The Clinton administration treated bin Laden as a law enforcement problem.

Bob Kerry, a former senator and current 9/11 commission member, said, “The most important thing the Clinton administration could have done would have been for the president, either himself or by going to Congress, asking for a congressional declaration to declare war on al-Qaida, a military-political organization that had declared war on us.”

From MSNBC:

Also, that fall, the Predator captured even more extraordinary pictures — a tall figure in flowing white robes. Many intelligence analysts believed then and now it is bin Laden.

The tape proves the Clinton administration was aggressively tracking al-Qaida a year before 9/11. But that also raises one enormous question: If the U.S. government had bin Laden and the camps in its sights in real time, why was no action taken against them?

No friend my daughter couldn't make those "Mortages she agreed to". Can you tell me why a hubby leaving her with 3 kids and a baby on the way tossed out in the street is a coll tough conservative Ideal.

A serious question SJ. Why is it that you think the above should be society's problem? Society didn't pick her husband. Society didn't get her pregnant. Society didn't buy her house. But in your mind, society owes it to her to fix the problem.

There is assistance available. Bankruptcy codes, free school lunches, free school books, assistance with food, shelters, daycare programs etc. What else is Society to do? With the state of our countries finances, we can't afford to do the things I just listed. Is your daughter working hard to rectify the situation? Going to school? A female in her predicament would qualify for a load of grants. Is she furthering her skill set in order to get a better paying job someday? Remember we have to keep this financially viable. The coffers are not bottomless and it's not societies debt.

God why do the creepy republicans always have to ruin a good president. Obama has to clean up George Bush's mess and trying to help the people Bush put in the poor house while making his friends rich. Yet for some reason peopl e who are not even in the proper tax bracket are lobbyinf for the top ten percent to not be taxed as much. Why do you care? Really because it would be one thing if your problem was in his spending, but you can't argue that point because your boy bush has already put us in such a hole we are lucky to have any form of banking left for your top ten percent to get taxed on. I wish you would put more thought into it then watchng fox news and getting drunk please. The Dem's have some reall issues but taxing the rich is not one of them ny friend. Health Care may be a better route. Hint Hint, I am trying to help you buddy.

There it is once again folks. It's BOOOOOSSSSHHHH'S fault and Fox News? Same template being used by liberals because they have nothing intelligent to say. Maybe some of us care because we have good healthcare and are int he top 10% tax bracket. It's done by working hard, saving money, counting your blessings, having a goal, etc. Being resentful, complaining about the haves and the have-nots, being miserable instead of learning what successful people do will keep you in a lower income.

By the way, how did "creepy" Republicans ruin this clown's presidency? What has he done to make his presidency a good one? From the Olympic bid to the climate change summit, to the unemployment rate, to offending foreign leaders, the man is a giant failure. Ironic that the people that voted for him are the ones suffering the most.

Edited by mcdougal93

Obama's Tax Fallacy: "I gave 95% of all Americans a tax cut..." Really?

by Larry Walker

Excerpt:

First of all 41% of Americans don't even file income tax returns. Secondly, out of the 59% who do file tax returns, 43.4 million out of the 136 million tax returns filed face a zero or negative tax liability. So if 32% (43.4/136) of the those who file don't owe any taxes, and if 41% don't even file income taxes, then that equals 73% who don't pay any income taxes. That leaves the rest of us. So did 95% of the 27% who actually pay income taxes get a tax cut? I doubt it, but even if that was true it's not 95% of all Americans.

But the real fallacy lies in the fact that refundable tax credits are not tax cuts, but rather, they are subsidies. Subsidies are paid for by taking money from some Americans and giving it to others. This is also known as 'spreading the wealth around'.

I'm not very cheery knowing that while I have been faithfully paying my mortgage, people are buying foreclosed houses down the street for $110K less than what I owe. And not only that, but the Government is giving them an $8,500 subsidy out of my tax dollars. It's as if the $110K of potential equity wasn't enough of a subsidy. Also, when the government refunds a person $8,500 to buy a house, it only applies to those who bought houses, not to 95% of all Americans.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2439044/posts

Edited by RockneDrive

Okay you brought up a lot of things that were not even in the original statement. The man said that Bush kept the country safe like it was a revelation. I was just pointing out that so did every other president, technically. It happened on his watch right? I don't care what led up to it in terms of this arguement. If we are to be attacked today, we all know you will blame Obama no matter what happened in 2008 with intelligence.

Edited by scintrigue

Guest sweeney6083

And the Republicans on this board want to fit in with there bosses at work and pretend to have some real agenda. Please Obama is making bush look like a 4th grader, the only good thing bush did was.............. OK I am sure there was something its just slipping my mind. Anyway you guys enjoy your view from the bottom. I am sure one day the republicans will rise agian , just not anytime soon. Haha , so funny.

And the Republicans on this board want to fit in with there bosses at work and pretend to have some real agenda. Please Obama is making bush look like a 4th grader, the only good thing bush did was.............. OK I am sure there was something its just slipping my mind. Anyway you guys enjoy your view from the bottom. I am sure one day the republicans will rise agian , just not anytime soon. Haha , so funny.

Can you fill me in on what President Obama has accomplished?? For a full year, his part had complete compntrol over the Senate and House and accomplshed __________? Still no one is working, the credit markets are still an absolute mess and he wasted a year on health care that the American people repeatedly told him they didn't want.

The truth of the matter is that the Obama administration is going to cost alot of Democrats their seats in the House and Senate this mid-term election because of their inability to unify their own party. I would guess that the Democrats will lose control of either the House or Senate, and quite possibly both.

At that point, the shame that is American politics will come into play and absolutely nother will get done because the White House and Congress will be opposing parties. Then the next presidential election, all the finger pointing begins because nothing got accomplished, we'll end up with a Republican President and House and a Democratic Senate - and nothing will get done again, its a ridiculous game.

Bush screwed up his first term when he had control of the Congress and really got nothing done, his second term he lost control of Congress and got nothing done. An now Obama screwed up when he had contol of the Congress and got nothing done, and his party is divided - I'd be surprised to see him get re-elected.

Edited by ND FANATIC

Keep making foolish statements like these, because some of us on this board are the bosses at the places we work. And keep thinking we won't rise again. Just wait 'til November, we already took that drunk's seat in Massachussetts of all places.

Obvious there is some resentment towards people that are smarter and more successful than you. You sound like a typical liberal who is not the lead dog. Complain because the view never changes and all you do is smell the ass of the other one in front of you. Instead of trying to better yourself, all you do is try to bring down the ones ahead of you........

Edited by mcdougal93

Okay you brought up a lot of things that were not even in the original statement. The man said that Bush kept the country safe like it was a revelation. I was just pointing out that so did every other president, technically. It happened on his watch right? I don't care what led up to it in terms of this arguement. If we are to be attacked today, we all know you will blame Obama no matter what happened in 2008 with intelligence.

Not true and frankly, scintrigue, you're smarter than this. Carter did not keep the country safe. He weakened our defense to the point that we were getting our teeth kicked in. Iranians took over our embassy in 1979 holding our citizens hostage for over a year. When the Islamists took over this country, it gave them a financial base of operations and Iran is still the biggest backer of Islamic terrorism around the world.

9/11 happened on Bush's watch but what happened right before that? The intelligence agencies and the FBI could not talk to eachother and help out in investigations because a wall between law enforcement agencies was set up by Jamie Gorelick and the Clinton administration. Clinton did not after terrorists under his term and thats why the WTC, the embassies in Tanzania and Kenya were bombed, and USS Cole was attacked. Clinton also had 2 chances to get Osama bin Laden and refused to take him; once when Uganda offered to give him up, and the other when our foreign intelligence had him on his sights. Secretary of State Madeline Albright refused to give the go ahead for his head following orders from Clinton.

Ramzi bin al shieb and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed had been planning out these attacks since 1993. It wasn't until Bush went after them that they were caught. You can say what you want about Bush but he did keep this country safe after 9/11. Clinton did not and the attacks kept escalating until that happened. Had he done something about history may be different.

Please read the "Looming Tower" by Lawrence Wright which detail these accounts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Looming_Tower