Notre Dame’s Next Coach Will Demand Lower Academic Standards

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finance and calculus? You have a lot of respect for business majors who think accounting is too hard....

I really don't understand these complaints. People love to point to how well Kelly is doing with 1 and 2* kids, but then say that we can't win without 5*'s across the d-line. Are you saying that 1 5* kid every other year and 3-4 4 and 3* kids on the DL isn't enough to consistently win games and contend for titles?

Have you seen how many Cincy kids are now in the NFL...is it because they weren't rated high enough out of high school or becuase they were coached up?? I don't know the answer....I do know that abeline christian has muliple kids in the NFL ....why weren't these kids at a top program was it grades.......or how they were rated??? just wanted to bring that up as part of this conversation.

I don't know. I think calculus could give players the ability to have a decided schematic advantage on the football field. just sayin'

I think being able to get players like T.J. Duckett and David Terrell to ND would give us a decided schematic advantage on the football field.

Guest irishrick

LEAVE NOTRE DAME AS IT IS NOW , DON'T REDUCE THE STANDARDS ONE IOTA, WERE HERE FOR THE STUDENTS THAT MIGHT PLAY SOME FOOTBALL, THESE KIDS WORK HARD AND I WILL TAKE A LOSING SEASON NOW AND THEN WE WILL RETURN TO THE TOP. BUT NEVER SACRIFICE THE STANDARDS. , ASK ANY ONE APPLYING FOR A JOB ? WHERE DID YOU GO TO COLLEGE? SIR I GRADUATED FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME. YOU WILL GET HIRED ON THE SPOT. NU FF SAID GO IRISH :grin::grin::grin:

Sorry I quit reading that so called expert's article after he misspelled Hornung's name 3 times in a row. Even under Holtz ND accepted players who were not very good students, but came off well with the admissions departement with their story and interviews. Chris Zorich comes to mind. He was on academic probation his first year, but eventually graduated from law school. Good character kids are not automatically denied admission. There are several other similar stories.

As much as I like Hornung, he's not someone I would automatically say wouldn't stretch the truth. It is true that Lou tried to get some guys in that had no chance including Randy Moss. Look what happened when he talked Bobbie into taking him.

Sorry as good a player as he is my stomach pepsides when I think of opening doors to characters like him.

i would have no problem at all lower the academic standards.. but then i have no affiliation to Notre Dame, im just some football fan from Canada.

if the standards were lower, would it really be a negative for Notre Dame?

right now with the current high standards does it really give Notre Dame graduates a beneficial edge in the real world? i doubt it.

what would be more beneficial for the school? what would be a better financial move for the school? i would think if you lower the standards, increase your chances at bringing in top level talent, and increase the chances of going to BCS bowls your going to be bringing in ALOT more money for the school.

im sure you could still have a top tier football team AND have a high academic school, but as weve seen its alot harder.

if you had to choose one or the other, what would you rather have..

1-top academic school with an average football team?

2-lesser academic school with top tier football team?

sign me up for #2 please ..but as i said, im just a football fan from Canada with no ties to Notre Dame

LEAVE NOTRE DAME AS IT IS NOW , DON'T REDUCE THE STANDARDS ONE IOTA, WERE HERE FOR THE STUDENTS THAT MIGHT PLAY SOME FOOTBALL, THESE KIDS WORK HARD AND I WILL TAKE A LOSING SEASON NOW AND THEN WE WILL RETURN TO THE TOP. BUT NEVER SACRIFICE THE STANDARDS. , ASK ANY ONE APPLYING FOR A JOB ? WHERE DID YOU GO TO COLLEGE? SIR I GRADUATED FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF NOTRE DAME. YOU WILL GET HIRED ON THE SPOT. NU FF SAID GO IRISH :grin::grin::grin:

not true.........first question is what grade did you get in calculus ????????????

I don't understand why people think that the moment we lower our academic standards, guys will come flocking in. We will still make them go to class, the campus will still be in the South Bend, IN, the environment still won't make many of them feel at home, etc. It may open the door for one or two more guys a year, but I can't see more than that.

I've been saying we need to move the campus to the Carribean, Carolinas or San Diego. Just airlift the entire campus in one piece and plop it down in paradise. Hey, Te'o would be warmer at least

I don't understand why people think that the moment we lower our academic standards, guys will come flocking in. We will still make them go to class, the campus will still be in the South Bend, IN, the environment still won't make many of them feel at home, etc. It may open the door for one or two more guys a year, but I can't see more than that.

True, guys probably won't come flocking to South Bend, but it will give the coaching staff a larger pool of recruits to work with.

I've been saying we need to move the campus to the Carribean, Carolinas or San Diego. Just airlift the entire campus in one piece and plop it down in paradise. Hey, Te'o would be warmer at least

maybe the entire Notre Dame should be just suspended in the air, like the high school in the movie Sky High. we allready think Notre Dame is higher than anyone else. that way we could be higher to heaven and our prayers would get their faster and answered faster? touchdown Jesus would feel closer to home.

wheather or not Notre Dame would be assured of getting a larger number of more recruits or simply 1 more recruit it would be nice to be on the same level.

Guest rocketsan22
Talk about double standard. You're pissed that people make fat jokes about Weis, yet you go around making fun of someone's physical appearance.

Actually we're making light of the fact that he tried very hard to get in here but with all the extra academic help still fell short. Very short. His promo shot is just window dressing.