DD Gameday Recipes

Guest SirJohn

Guest SirJohn

Don started a thread called Game Day Recipes. We have done this yearly, but as always the recipi's got burried with incoming fresh posts. This year I wanted to sticky them but unfortunately that went boom in the night. Eighteen recipes poof. If you will, add any of your game day recipes to this.

Your contribution to the culinary arts and ER room stomach pumping is greatly appreciated.

SJ

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Healthy & Cheap Spinach Artichoke Dip:

1 Square Pkg of frozen Spinach

1 Square Pkg of Kroger Fat Free Cream Cheese (Green Pkg)

1 Thing of Parmesan cheese

1 Can of Artichokes

1 Pkg of Shredded Fat Free Mozarella Cheese

Garlic Powder

Tortilla Chips (Fat Free/Low Fat)

A little bit of "I can't believe it's not butter"

Step 1: Take a spoonful of butter and put it in the bottom of a pot. Heat the pot to high and put the frozen spinach in. Push it around and scrape it until the block has melted and is actually cooking.

Step 2: Dump everything else in the pot and stir. Eye ball the mozarella. I generally do a 1:1 ration of mozarella to cream cheese. Add garlic to taste, as well. I like a lot.

Step 3: Mix everything around and pour into a serving dish!

Semi-Healthy Bean Dip:

1 can of fat free refried beans

1 fresh tomato, diced

1 jar of salsa

1 tub of fat free sour cream

1 bag of fat free mozarella

Tortilla chips

Step 1: In a cake pan or square container, spread the refried beans to cover the entire bottom, uniformly spread.

Step 2: Spread the sour cream across the top of the beans, uniformly spread

Step 3: Spread salsa on top of sour cream, uniformly

Step 4: Spread fresh tomato pieces on top of salsa, uniformly

Step 5: Cover everything with mozarella! Mmmmm.

Step 6: Bake at 375 until the mozarella has melted and the dip appears bubbly.

Step 7: Pull out of oven and enjoy!

***One modification my wife likes: Mix the mozarella into the refried beans with a very light layer on top. This prevents your chips from breaking when the cheese eventually hardens, but maintains the cheesy taste.

Edited by irishwavend

hawaii's cant stop eating em-- stuffed mushrooms

1 package fresh mushrooms----large and medium mushrooms plz--

1 package is plenty for 3 people-- you do the math

Remove the stems COMPLETELY ( dont cut them off pull them out) and then wash mushrooms thoroughly

1 TABLESPOON ITALIAN BREADCRUMBS-- 1 TEASPOON GRATED PARMESAN CHEESE for each mushroom in the package-- you do the math

BEFORE MIXING--- Add a generous amout of olive oil---sufficient to moisten the mixture and allow you to mix it until it clumps up nicely for stuffing

Then take a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil--- slightly coat the aluminum with olive oil to prevent sticking

Then put your mushroom caps on the aluminum OPEN SIDE UP for stuffing

Then put approx a half of a teaspoon of olive oil in each cap--( allowing for some of it to drizzle along the outside of the mushroom caps

Then stuff each cap with a spoonful of the BREADCRUMB MIXTURE

Bake at 325 until mushrooms are done--- thats when they get soft and LOOK DONE approx 25-30 minutes-- mushrooms must be soft or they are not done!

Serve HOT or save in fridge and REHEAT when ready--will last fine even to the next day

DELISCIOUSO!

Bon Appetit!

Buffalo Wing Dip

5 steamed boneless chicken breasts, finely chopped--keyword finely. Take chopped chicken and marinate in a butter/Red Hot sauce. (to your liking, but should taste like Red Hot more than butter) Toss in a giant freezer bag to evenly coat. Pour out access sauce. Place orange-coated chicken in 8x11, butered baking dish. Spread and flatten out on bottom of dish.

Melt 3 sticks of cream cheese in microwave-safe bowl, fork sift into a manageable goo. Add one full bottle of ranch to goo and marry the two together, forming a ranch-tasting goo. Spread white goo over the orange chicken in baking dish using a plastic spatula to evenly spread. (no orange chicken should be showing now)

Finely chop a 3/4 stalk of celery into very small pieces, placing them on top of the white goo. Make sure to evenly spread over goo.

Grate one block of cheddar cheese and evenly spread on top of the celery and goo.

Crack fresh pepper on top, and then add lawry's seasoned salt as a finisher. I usually sprinkle generously on top of cheddar. (yellow shredded cheese will turn orange from the salt which is a sign of having enough on)

Now place in preheated, 350 degree oven and let cook for an hour and a half.

Use tortilla chips for dipping. (I use the scoops)

Enjoy! If you want the Don-version PM me and I'll ellaborate... :grin:

Guest SirJohn

You guys have cornered the market on meat and chicken recepes, I'll do some sides.

Need any cheeze whiz, generic will do, 2-3 Idaho potatos large white onion 1/4 or more nutter.

Have triple foil for the grill ready, make it quite large.

Slice potatos less then 1/4 inch thick.

Slice onion same.

On foil drop slices of butter generously then lay potato slices on that.

Layer oinion on potatos

Spoon out cheeze whiz on top spreading it around,

Repeat till allingredients gone.

Seal in triple foil and just toss it on the grill turning occasionally 45 plus minutes.

judging on your grill heat you can open to see if potatos have softened.

This is GREAT

+++++

Similar to one of our guys "pin wheels"

Burito wraps

Cream cheeze

Green onions

Baco bits or crisp Bacon well wiped of grease

tooth picks

Have soften cream cheeze ready

Spread cream cheeze on a burito wrap

Sprinkle that with sliced 1/4 inch green onions

Sprinkle that with Bacobitsor real crubled bacon

Some use garlic salt but that kind of garlic is a crime

Then roll up slice into sections say 1/2 inch each

Use tooth picks to keep roll together

That's it enjoy

++++++

Eggs

cream cheeze

Ranch dressing

POWDERED mustard

Peperika

Deviled Eggs not the ladys sissy sweet relish kind nor yellow mustard

When recepe calls for mustard they mean DRY mustard

Prepare large deep pan with saltwater ( I use sea salt always for anything)

Drop your eggs into the salt water. If they sink they are fresh. If the float throw them out as those are bad.

I do this for safty, then remove eggs from water and bring that to a boil Put eggs in water again boil afew minutes then shut off heatand let them set.

When cool, slice eggs and put yolks in a bowl and mash up

add about 50/50 mixture of cream cheeze and ranch dressing till consistancy pleases you.

Sprinkle mixture with powdered mustard. I dump about an American quarter sized pile in my palm and sprinkle then mix

Fill eggs then sprinkle with Peperika

+++++

Chicago style corn on the cob. Get bold and forget butter

Corn on the cob

Sugar

Chili powder

Mayo

Parmesian cheeze

Boil up some waterand dump sugar in

Put cobs into water and boil till soft and done. The sugar water will sweeten cobs

When cool enough to handle smear Mao over the cobs

Sprinkle with Chili poder

Then sprinkle with Parmesian cheeze.

You won't regret this change from butter

+++++++++

Green chili wontons

Wonton wraps, frozen and let thaw

Jalopinos

Montery Jack cheeze

Pepper

Mix up cheeze, opepper and finely sliced jalopinos

Put droleps on won ton wraps

Moisten edges and sidfinal wrap with water to seal

When you ave a couple dozen

chill for 30 mins

Drop these in hot oil, ( I use EVO Olive oil)

when one side is gloden brown turn once and do other side

Drain on paper towls

Here is what I will be grilling up in the parking lot right next to Touchdown Jesus on Saturday morning. Marinaded steak sandwiches on Texas Toast Garlic Bread with Pepper jack cheese and A-1 sauce. Some potato chips and a couple of peppers on the side.... Washed down with an ice cold beer... I'll be ready kick some wolfpack ass after steak, beer, and garlic.... If anyone wants to join me hit me up on p.m. for my cell. LETS GO IRISH

My wife bought me some sea scallops. I love them i may wrap them in bacon and eat them. But i am kinda of partial to snack type food during the games.

Here is an easyone if you want a meal not a snack. make you a couple of grilled cheese's then pour some chilli and onions on top of that. I prefer homemade chilli but can will do.

Tatertot casserole take some tater tots put them into a baking dish. put browned hamburger meat and cream of mushroom soup. some sredded cheese. then back on top with tots and cheese bake inthe oven for about 35-45 minutes. Then put green onion back on top.

Sausage/Cream Cheese Dip

**VERY EASY**

1lb. Ground Sausage (I usually use Bob Evans)

1 can(14.5oz.) Petite Diced Tomatoes

1 standard size square of cream cheese

*Optional*

Use Hot/Spicy Sausage or your favorite brand of hot sauce(to taste) for a Spicier Dip.

1. Brown the sausage in a pan chopping it up as good as possible. Drain if necessary.

2. Drain can...then add diced tomatoes.

3. Add square of cream cheese.

4. Mix together while still on the stove.(Need to melt the cream cheese)

5. Enjoy.

It will end up an odd pink color but it tastes amazing. Serve with regular or Hint of Lime corn chips.

I got his recipe years ago from a Domer on a forum somewhere:

1 pork butt - bone in

32 oz Dr. Pepper (regular NOT diet)*

1 40 oz bottle Sweet Baby Ray's Honey BBQ Sauce (substitute your favorite-if you must)

cajun rub - -

8 tablespoons paprika

3 tablespoons cayenne

5 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper

6 tablespoons garlic powder

3 tablespoons onion powder

6 tablespoons salt

2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano

2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme

mirepoix (equal parts onion, celery and carrots, diced - for amount you have to gauge the size of the pork butt so that everything will fit in the crock pot, but typically I do one med/lg yellow onion, 4-6 med/lg carrots and 4-6 stalks celery)

1 crock pot

Rub the pork butt liberally with the cajun rub.

Lightly saute the mirepoix in a bit of bacon grease, butter or oil (not olive - flavor profile is wrong for olive oil) just to get the veggies slightly soft and to release their flavor (and give off some of their water content) about 3 - 5 minutes, just to sweat them (this will ensure that those flavors infuse both the meat and the sauce)

Put the mirepoix in the crock pot and pour in half the Dr. Pepper

Put the pork butt in the crock pot

Pour the rest of the Dr. Pepper over it

Pour as much BBQ sauce over and around the pork butt to near the top of the crock pot (leave a bit of room because the mirepoix will leech some more liquids and add a bit of volume)

Turn that puppy on low to simmer for about 6+ hours

After the meat is well tender and done (and, by the way, the house will smell heavenly and your mouth will be watering) take the pork out of the crock pot and let it get cool to the touch.

While the pork is cooling, strain all the liquid in the pot (this becomes your sauce) - I use a strainer that allows me to mash the now soggy veggies to get a bit more flavor out but none of the pulp. Set sauce aside. (I will sometimes put the sauce in a sauce pan and simmer it on ultra low to reduce it and make it even tastier)

Put on a pair of latex gloves and pull all the pork off the bone and away from the fat.

Put the now pulled pork in a container and lightly slather on the sauce to keep it moist in the fridge and to allow even more flavor infusion as it sits. Don't put ALL the sauce on the pork that is going into storage BECUASE,

you also get to put some of that pork directly into some GOOD hoagie rolls (I recommend Sarcones' rolls, but unless you're in Philly, you can't get to that bakery) and liberally slather on the sauce and enjoy.

If you are taking this to a tailgater. Do the above at home, first. Then just take the crock pot, sauce and pork to the tailgater, put it all in and set it on med or high and then let people dip right in to make themselves a sandwich.

*some people use Coke, but I like all the flavors of the Dr. Pepper in this mix

Edited by WilhelmD

• 2 weeks later...
Guest knucklehead_vol
Don started a thread called Game Day Recipes. We have done this yearly, but as always the recipi's got burried with incoming fresh posts. This year I wanted to sticky them but unfortunately that went boom in the night. Eighteen recipes poof. If you will, add any of your game day recipes to this.

Your contribution to the culinary arts and ER room stomach pumping is greatly appreciated.

SJ

Here's an easy one:

Get some corn, pull the shucks back. Wrap maple cured bacon around the corn, usually takes two. Pull the shucks back up over the bacon and throw on the grill. Its done after about six beers or so.

• 2 weeks later...
Sausage/Cream Cheese Dip

**VERY EASY**

1lb. Ground Sausage (I usually use Bob Evans)

1 can(14.5oz.) Petite Diced Tomatoes

1 standard size square of cream cheese

*Optional*

Use Hot/Spicy Sausage or your favorite brand of hot sauce(to taste) for a Spicier Dip.

1. Brown the sausage in a pan chopping it up as good as possible. Drain if necessary.

2. Drain can...then add diced tomatoes.

3. Add square of cream cheese.

4. Mix together while still on the stove.(Need to melt the cream cheese)

5. Enjoy.

It will end up an odd pink color but it tastes amazing. Serve with regular or Hint of Lime corn chips.

Its killer in an omlet the next morning too......just sayin..