DD Gameday Recipes

Guest SirJohn

1 lb Italian Sausage

2 Green Peppers (chopped)

2 cups Celery (chopped)

2 lbs Zucchini (1/4ed and sliced)

1 cup chopped onion

28 oz of diced tomatoes (green chilies mixed is good)

1tsp Italian seasoning

1 tsp sugar

¼ tsp fresh basil

¼ tsp garlic

2 tsp salt

1 tsp oregano

Brown sausage (don’t drain), mix ingredients in to large stew pot with sausage and simmer for about 1 to 2 hours. Sometimes I will let it sit stewing most of the day. The longer it cooks the more the zucchini cooks down. You can also spice it up a little by using Hot Italian Sausage, or throw in a hot pepper or two.

I like to make it up the day before because it taste better the second day. When I make it, I usually have to double or triple the recipe for the family. They like it better than the chili. Warms you up on cold fall days.

Edited by ThunderAce

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SirJohn

Hey none game day does not mean new posts here. It's been moved to OPEN so I hope someone reads and adds one.

This is one I've discovered at home and easily be done on a grill.

Boneless chicken breasts. I do one for each person

Beat the hell out of the sob breast with a meat hammer. Caution be sure to clean off the board and meat hammer after using. One does not need salmonila.

Prepare a bowl with 2 eggs and a half cup or so of milk. Into this egg milk mixture add a palm full of "Italian Spices" Some garlic powder umm heck a teaspoon or so. Whisk this good, and resaerve.

The chicken breasts should be beaten dow to about 1/4 inch thick.

Rub the breasts in a 'flavored flour like Ky Kernal flour. Rub in freshly ground black pepper.

Now dredge breasts in the egg milk mixture.

Place on grill or best an iron skillet with about a good 1/4 stick of butter.

Fry these....Time I cannot say you will know, try to get a golden co5or on each side. The butter permetes the chicken, and it is important to get a nice golden color because the crispness on each side will add a great flavor.

Sides are up to you. Green beans with a beef or chicken bullion cube in them and or bacon grease, I do both. Brussel sprouts also in butter and a bullion cube.

Or simply use the chicken breasts as a sandwich alone.

• 1 month later...
Guest shamrockgerry
Here is what I will be grilling up in the parking lot right next to Touchdown Jesus on Saturday morning. Marinaded steak sandwiches on Texas Toast Garlic Bread with Pepper jack cheese and A-1 sauce. Some potato chips and a couple of peppers on the side.... Washed down with an ice cold beer... I'll be ready kick some wolfpack ass after steak, beer, and garlic.... If anyone wants to join me hit me up on p.m. for my cell. LETS GO IRISH
first mr chainsaw love that ur sporting the irish flag fair play to ya man....now im a friend of bigsean power 10 channel and i will be at the standford game this season please god willing....flying from dublin to south bend.....i would love to know from all on the site after winning a game do any fans go down town south bend and party the night away in corbys bar and clubs and hotels......days before the pep rally etc...plus the tailgate partys and rival fans at the game...i belive N.D FAN ARE THE MOST COLOURFUL AND LOUDIST FANS IN THE COUNTRY

Guest SirJohn

Here's one my Dad used which is on line.

1st of all any "Sweet" Italian sausage vs "hot" is a lie according to my tongue. Mix up some really "hot" jalopinos or something in this recepie.

Other wise it's standard mix.

Maybe your wife has a better???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SirJohn

Potatos.

I'll do my Moms 2 baked later on.

If your not doing roasted potatos on a grill which is best for Russit potato your into Idahos.

let's say you intend fries. Do not use a peeler on an Idaho. Use a paring knife to peel one. That lets a 3 inch or so peel with about a 1/8th bit of white potato meat.

Save those peels. Sprinkle them with salt, pepper (ground) Place on a bakers dis or what have you, peel side down. put sprinkled sharp chedder or Jack chees on them, roast moderate grill 10- 15 mins...It depends.

They are simple snacks to pass around while awaiting the main cvourses.

Simple, delicious and except for cheeze didn't cost a dime.

Can do this inside on a stove.. remember never discard the peelings. Enjoy:grin: Your family or crew will applaud.

SJ

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SirJohn

Here's one I have done in the past that is pretty good.

The only tedious part is the potato, because i am avoiding the usual recepies blah, blah

Needed two skillets.

Take a whole batch of bacon. Chop it all, into say 1 inch parts, easiest done if it was frozen.

Fry and reserve...on paper towls.

Drain off the oil.

meanwhile if you want saussge fry that in same skillet crumbling it. Drain off oil and reserve.

Tedius part, for potatos is shave them with a peeler. place shavings in the one pan with 1/4 stick of butter fry them till golden. Move them around so each becomes done in a crispy way. Here add garlics chopped or minced last few minutes for flavor, don't let garlic brown or it gives a bad taste.

For eggs? You can use the one pan for mushrooms, green peppers, onions etc till done then add the mixed eggs to this for scrambled eggs, I always use lots of sour cream in the egg mixture 4 tablespoons or so.

There you have it, delicious potatos, scrambled eggs with saugae etc, and bits of bacon.

A snappy V8 in the morning with this or a good coffee, your set for the day or nearest portolet.:grin:

Edited by SirJohn

• 5 months later...
Sausage/Cream Cheese Dip

**VERY EASY**

1lb. Ground Sausage (I usually use Bob Evans)

1 can(14.5oz.) Petite Diced Tomatoes

1 standard size square of cream cheese

*Optional*

Use Hot/Spicy Sausage or your favorite brand of hot sauce(to taste) for a Spicier Dip.

1. Brown the sausage in a pan chopping it up as good as possible. Drain if necessary.

2. Drain can...then add diced tomatoes.

3. Add square of cream cheese.

4. Mix together while still on the stove.(Need to melt the cream cheese)

5. Enjoy.

It will end up an odd pink color but it tastes amazing. Serve with regular or Hint of Lime corn chips.

I'm watching the game out but have all everything in stock so i can enjoy this for when I re-watch it! Waited a long time to try this one.

Maker's and coke

Pour one and a half shot uhhhh errrr. Just pour until your cup is 3/4 full of makers mark bourbon. Add a splash of coke and an ice cube. Sit back and enjoy!

I'd never make it to half-time.... I do, however, pour bourbon over a loin of pork, potatoes, and onions and bake. Yummy.

• Join Domer Domain

Members receive fewer ads and can participate in the forums.

• Topics

• The players are getting paid because there is a market that wants to see success on the field.  Because that market watches, advertisers pay a lot of money to be seen while that market watches.  In return, that advertising money comes back to the school in the form of millions of dollars in various ways.  Paying for better players means even more value for advertisers and more money for Notre Dame to build buildings or fund programs. The average student who goes to Notre Dame doesn’t generate millions of dollars for the school.  If they decide not to go there, someone else will fill the spot so they can have access to the excellent education funded by the football program and its players.  I don’t see why the university would pay students to come (except for the absolute brightest) when supply and demand is in Notre Dame’s favor in a big way.  The alums are part of the market that wants results on the field so their money goes towards those results which in turn increases value for Notre Dame, too.  Paying kids to come doesn’t have much benefit to those alums either… I get what’s being said about working hard to pay for your kid to go to college, but there are just too many folks in the same boat while a big source of revenue for schools is football…the value of the school increases if football thrives.  It’s simple business, unfortunately, and ordinary students are the consumer.  Nobody pays consumers if they want to stay in business.
    • OK, fine, I'm getting excited.   We've been winning a lot of these. My take:  Golden commit forces Zackery hand?  Takes the last ND DB spot? It's nothing but expeditious!  Was always the answer.  No other reason to move up his commitment.   I expect he will commit to his dream school for a shot at the Natty!  The synergy is real here.  It's the staff, too, but it's bigger.  Like minded kids.  And they're all conspiring to come together for the title shot, and this staff has them convinced it's in South Bend!  
    • Slight nit, take the government out of guaranteed student loans.  Single handedly has been the biggest cause of soaring tuition and crushing debt for borrowers. Otherwise I'm in between as far as NIL.  It's chaos currently and we are still in Flux with the changes that have happened and stuff that's still to come.  We are far from settled in this shifting landscape of college athletics.
    • Can't wait to see someone try and block a punt and end up with internal hemorrhaging...