Blue and Gold Game Thread

Pretty much exactly how I feel after watching the Blue-Gold Game.

However, Rudolph has a big task in figuring out the O-Line, because they struggled. Or, maybe the defense is just that good? I think it’s the former than the latter, though.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Baldy said:

Pretty much exactly how I feel after watching the Blue-Gold Game.

However, Rudolph has a big task in figuring out the O-Line, because they struggled. Or, maybe the defense is just that good? I think it’s the former than the latter, though.

Combination? Man well said Baldy. Their D is going to be a legitimate top tier defense this year. I feel like I’ve been away from this board way too long, damn work getting in the way.

• Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1

14 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Combination? Man well said Baldy. Their D is going to be a legitimate top tier defense this year. I feel like I’ve been away from this board way too long, damn work getting in the way.

Could be, and I wonder. But thanks! And yes, I do feel the defense is going to be so dominant this season! I get that too, but try and come here at least once a day. Flipping work! 😂

• Heart 1

I tuned in during the 2nd quarter.  Did ND attempt any field goals?  I didn't think their PAT's looked particularly strong.  All the PAT's were made, but a few of them seemed to be less-than-powerful.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, AnTostal said:

I tuned in during the 2nd quarter.  Did ND attempt any field goals?  I didn't think their PAT's looked particularly strong.  All the PAT's were made, but a few of them seemed to be less-than-powerful.

I don't believe they attempted any FGs. Keep in mind, several walk-on kickers attempted PATs. Mitch Jeter is the starter. He is a grad transfer from South Carolina. He was a very good kicker the last two seasons (12-14 FG, long of 51 yards in 2023; 11-11 FG, long of 50 yards (twice) in 2022). He doesn't have the leg of Schrader, but he is more accurate. 

The punting situation is the major ST question mark. It sounds like ND will get someone from the portal now that McFerson is gone.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

they missed a ~50 yard FG on the first series I believe. I know it was in the 1st qtr

Yes, that’s correct. It was very short too, so not a good sign there. Let’s just hope it’s spring jitters. 🤞🏼 But I can’t remember if it was Jeter kicking the field goal.

20 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

they missed a ~50 yard FG on the first series I believe. I know it was in the 1st qtr

Good call, that's right. And yes, it was Jeter. It was woefully short.

4 hours ago, tneun89 said:

Good call, that's right. And yes, it was Jeter. It was woefully short.

I thought so. And yes, it was so short it has me wondering if he can even kick a 50 yarder. Looked more like a 40! 😬