39 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Makes a ton of sense Oregon gets left all the time. He won't stay at Oregon forever

I don’t quite get the Lanning hype but that’s just my own take. He seems to have a star studded roster there, definitely within the pac12 and continued to come up short

1 hour ago, mcgov12 said:

Always thought Dabo would eventually be his replacement.

He's an Alabama alum and already won 2 NCs. I assumed the job was his to turn down whenever Saban decided to hang it up. Alabama will spend whatever it takes. 

Lanning is 37 and had success far outside of his comfort zone which is the south. He looks like the real deal to me and is 17 years Dabo's junior. 

Kirby won't leave UGA (alum), but you at least have to make the call. 

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Always thought Dabo would eventually be his replacement.

That’s what I’m hearing too, and he is an Alumnus, so it makes sense.

7 hours ago, AnTostal said:

A Catholic who goes to mass daily.

Wonder if Freeman would consider a coaching consultant.  ND would get every 5 star in the country.

And according to some "in the know" we could have had him if we'd have made the effort back in the day.

Much respect for the man as a coach.

I bet BKs agent is drooling right now to get his contract upped.  So many top jobs set to open up.  Carroll gone in Seattle, Saban at Bama, possible JH leaves Meatchicken, Oregon may open, rumors of Smart getting NFL looks, Clemson of Dabo comes back to Momma, NFL stuff will open.

*Extreme sarcasm alert if you didn't catch it.

• Laughing Leprechaun 3

Imagine walking into that situation being compared to Saban from day 1. The expectations for the new HC will be for him to be the second coming of Nick Saban. Anything less….  

What’s the expression, “never follow a legend”.

• Flames 2

12 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

Makes a ton of sense Oregon gets left all the time. He won't stay at Oregon forever

Pre-NIL, sure.  But Uncle Phil can (and has) bought Lanning players.  I don't think that Lanning is a good of an HC as people make him out to be.