Gerard Parker to be named Troy HC

Woah wasn’t expecting that one. Gotta say, I agree with you here it sounds like an “I’m not going to fire you but you should find another opportunity” type moves.

Need to absolutely nail this hire

12 minutes ago, brian_nd88 said:

I wonder if coaching at Troy is that great of a gig from ND OC.  In other words, was Parker pressured to move on.  

6 minutes ago, Big23Head said:

I don't think Parker was forced out. He isn't a top level target for P5 so Troy makes sense. He also has prior coaching/playing connections with Troy. Good for him and good luck. 

Sounds like Denbrock may be a target.

Denbrock would certainly be a great hire, but didn’t he just sign a big extension with lsu?

11 minutes ago, brian_nd88 said:

Wouldn't it be at best a lateral move for Denbrock to come back to ND as OC?  What would be the attraction?  Why would he leave LSU?  

He's from Michigan so may be that. Not sure he would be interested, but sounds like a name they target. 

Denbrock, he knows the landscape having been here for two stints and is closer to his roots/family perhaps.  Has experience.

Not the hire I would look for.  For me I'm looking to get away from the Kelly tree and his offense.  I get LSU was really good on O this season and their QB made huge strides from his ASU days.  Obviously just a name at this point anyhow...

• Cheers 1