Sun Bowl Opt Outs

One game is not going to really improve his stock. His body of work speak for itself. If he plays well, analysts and scouts will say it will be because of opt outs and transfers and if he stinks it up it will be because it was a quality team where he always struggles.

He should sit and focus on training for the combine. Doing well there is waaaaaay more beneficial than a no win situation in a bowl that is about as meaningful as the B&G game.

• Cheers 2

One thing that likely affected Hartman's decision, besides ND being in a lower-tier bowl than expected after Stanford, is that he will be without 2 starting OTs and 3 starting WRs. That's a tough situation, even if the opposing team also has a ton of opt-outs.

I think Hartman is an UDFA as well. He doesn't have size, and his measurables won't blow anyone away. Maybe a team takes a flyer on him Day 3, but I don't see it happening. Maybe that changes with a great combine/pro day.

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1

On 12/6/2023 at 12:09 PM, Synoptico said:

Honestly, I am good with this. I have changed my view point on a bowl game from a celebration of the year, to a jump on the next year... extended spring practice. 

After Jaylon’s injury, I’m firmly in support of opting out unless we’re in the playoffs 

• Cheers 3

59 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

Might have been posted elsewhere, but Thomas Harper is sitting out.

Yeah, I had posted in the Sun Bowl discussion and forgot about this one. This is more appropriate, so I’ll delete the other one.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

I really like Harper in the nickel position, he will be missed in the bowl game. I hope Clark can come in and play to the same level as Harper in the nickel position.

I did too, because he really was a difference maker at the position! 😢