Marcus Freeman's coaching hires

NFL coordinator jobs are usually short lived and you bounce around the league city to city.  Win a NC at ND and you will be celebrated forever.  Golden would be paid very well, have stability and you would be working for a HC that has a great personality (unlike NDs previous HC) !  Season's greetings to all!

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, Baldy said:

This right here, and which I feel will happen!

The reason is I remember Golden saying he came to Notre Dame because of Freeman’s character, morals, values, and goals at Notre Dame.

With that being said, I do believe Golden will be the Defensive Coordinator for a while. Let’s hope for at least as long as Venables was at Clemson! 🤞🏼

Yes, I seem to recall him also saying something to the effect that he came to ND because, well, it’s ND. Wasn’t really interested in returning to the college ranks until Notre Dame came along. I’m guessing that is why the speculation around Al Golden is he would only leave for an NFL job.  

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, jimbo said:

Yes, I seem to recall him also saying something to the effect that he came to ND because, well, it’s ND. Wasn’t really interested in returning to the college ranks until Notre Dame came along. I’m guessing that is why the speculation around Al Golden is he would only leave for an NFL job.  

Yup, exactly right!

Just now, Synoptico said:

truly amazed at the speed of the official announcements this year. In years past the deal was done but it would take a week or two for official announcements 

Agreed they are both hiring smarter and they also seem to have removed some of the George O'Leary red tape now. It has been over 20 years of no issuues besides Ludwig and that was different.

Here's a direct link to the press release hiring Denbrock

https://fightingirish.com/mike-denbrock-named-john-and-bobbie-arlotta-family-offensive-coordinator/

That list of players mentored is pretty impressive.

Kwame Harris, Stanford Offensive Tackle, NFL 1st Round Draft Pick, Six-year NFL veteran

John Carlson, Notre Dame Tight End, NFL 2nd Round Draft Pick, Seven-year NFL veteran

Anthony Fasano, Notre Dame Tight End, NFL 2nd Round Draft Pick, 12-year NFL veteran

Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame Tight End, NFL 1st Round Draft Pick, Seven-year NFL veteran

Ryan Harris, Notre Dame Offensive Tackle, NFL 3rd Round Draft Pick, 10-year NFL veteran

Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame Tight End, NFL 2nd Round Draft Pick, 12-year NFL veteran

Ben Koyack, Notre Dame Tight End, NFL 7th Round Draft Pick, Five-year NFL veteran

T.J. Jones, Notre Dame Wide Receiver, NFL 6th Round Draft PIck, Six-year NFL veteran

Will Fuller, Notre Dame Wide Receiver, NFL 1st Round Draft Pick, Six-year NFL veteran

CJ Prosise, Notre Dame Wide Receiver/Running Back, NFL 3rd Round Draft pick, Six-year NFL veteran

Miles Boykin, Notre Dame Wide Receiver, NFL 3rd Round Draft pick, current Pittsburgh Steeler

Chase Claypool, Notre Dame Wide Receiver, NFL 2nd Round Draft pick, current Miami Dolphin

Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati Quarterback, NFL 3rd Round Draft pick, current Atlanta Falcon

Josiah Deguara, Cincinnati Tight End, NFL 3rd Round Draft pick, current Green Bay Packer

Gerrid Doaks, Cincinnati Running Back, NFL 7th Round Draft pick, current Houston Texan 

Josh Wyhle, Cincinnati Tight End, NFL 5th Round Draft pick, current Tennessee Titan

Jerome Ford, Cincinnati Running Back, NFL 5th Round Draft pick, current Cleveland Brown

Alec Pierce, Cincinnati Wide Receiver, NFL 2nd Round Draft pick, current Indianapolis Colt

Malik Nabers, LSU Wide Receiver, 2023 Unanimous All-American

Jayden Daniels, LSU Quarterback, 2023 Heisman Trophy winner

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

I wonder if he's in El Paso. I would think so. Not to call plays but If I were him I at least sit beside Gino.

Yeah. I would think he'd want to be there. Take some notes. Get an early feel for things. Ain't but a puddle jumper from Baton Rouge. 

Edited by The Captain 19

21 hours ago, Synoptico said:

truly amazed at the speed of the official announcements this year. In years past the deal was done but it would take a week or two for official announcements 

I suspect part of Denbrock's quick announcement was that he had coached at ND two times previously, and ND had already done due diligence during those hires.  Less to do this time (?).

13 hours ago, The Captain 19 said:

Yeah. I would think he'd want to be there. Take some notes. Get an early feel for things. Ain't but a puddle jumper from Baton Rouge. 

The drive distance from Baton Rouge to El Paso (1014 miles) is a little further than the distance of driving from New York City to Jacksonville, Florida (937 miles).  As a Texas person, I can say that the drive to El Paso, once you've passed San Antonio, is about as desolate as it gets.  And it's still a looooonnnnggg way.

57 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

The drive distance from Baton Rouge to El Paso (1014 miles) is a little further than the distance of driving from New York City to Jacksonville, Florida (937 miles).  As a Texas person, I can say that the drive to El Paso, once you've passed San Antonio, is about as desolate as it gets.  And it's still a looooonnnnggg way.

I was thinking of a quick flight. 

Edited by The Captain 19

1 hour ago, AnTostal said:

What. You don’t care for Van Horn or Ft. Stockton?  LMAO

1 hour ago, The Captain 19 said:

I was thinking of a quick flight. 

And it is fairly quick, about as quick as a flight from Dallas to Chicago. 

I agree Denbrock would probably benefit from being in El Paso for game prep and the game itself.   I don't know if he has started in the position of OC already, or if that starts after the game.  Either way, being involved with the coaches and players now would help in his developing his new offense before spring ball arrives.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1