What to Watch - Championship Week

23 minutes ago, Baldy said:

If FSU wins, no SEC team will make it in!

While I get that, and always cheer against Michigan, we need Michigan to win in order to keep the SEC out of the CFP! Same goes for FSU. I hate both, but I hate the SEC more!!

frig that.  Go Hawkeyes. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

Can you imagine if no SEC gets in. They will definitely make sure one of them gets in right?

Michigan (undefeated conference champ)
Washington (undefeated conference champ)
FSU (undefeated conference champ)
Texas - (They beat the SEC champ)

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Can you imagine if no SEC gets in. They will definitely make sure one of them gets in right?

Michigan (undefeated conference champ)
Washington (undefeated conference champ)
FSU (undefeated conference champ)
Texas - (They beat the SEC champ)

There’s no way they leave out Alabama.  The committee will play the better team over the more deserving team card and leave out FSU with their QB3. 

37 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

There’s no way they leave out Alabama.  The committee will play the better team over the more deserving team card and leave out FSU with their QB3. 

If FSU wins, I just don’t see them being left out, even if they have their QB3 starting. The way I see it panning out with Michigan and Florida State winning is below.

#1 Michigan

#2 Washington

#3 Florida State

#4 Texas

I really do hope that no SEC team makes it in, and it would be oh so glorious if it happened! The problem is I don’t trust the Committee will do the right thing. Here’s to hoping they do though. 🙏🏼

After such an exciting weekend of amazing games (that comment is oozing with sarcasm), I feel like this might end up being the worst playoff ever.

scUM will be #1 and definitely benefited from the dumpster fire that is the Big 10. Seriously, PSU was supposed to be amazing and that team is hard to watch. Iowa might be the worst 10 win team in history. Sure, tO$U and scUM are good, but their record is a direct result of playing in a conference that is terrible every year. Maybe next year will be a turning point.....but watching any team in that conference play outside of maybe tO$U will put you to sleep quicker than a bottle of ZQuil. Sadly, scUM is going to end up winning the title because the committee will screw up the top 4 yet again.

UW will be #2 and might just be the most complete team from the PAC 12 since the Pete Carroll days in SC. They are far from elite, but seeing a PAC 12 team with something that resembles a defense is a change. I do not see UW beating #3.

UT will likely be #3. They are a good team, but ultimately I do not think they are strong enough in any one area to be able to get through scUM or UW. UT benefited from playing Bama early. If they played now Bama wins comfortably.

Free Shoes U will probably be #4 (sadly) and is embarrassing on offense. Losing their QB turned them from a contender to nothing more than a speed bump. scUM will roll them.

#5 = Bama. Should be in ahead of FSU. They'd roll the top 4 right now.

#6 = Georgia. Should be in ahead of TX and FSU. They'd roll the current top 4 as well.

If I am right (and I hope I am not) then I think it will paly out like this
scUM over FSU
UW over TX

scUM over UM for the championship.