What to Watch - Championship Week

Championship Week is here guys and girls, there is a solid game in each of the time slots and I believe they will be competitive outside of the B1G game. Ill predict my winners by highlighting them:

All times are Central Time Zone

Friday
6:00 - New Mexico State @ #24 Liberty - CBSSN - CUSA Championship, Liberty battling for that top Group of 5 bowl big
7:00 - #5 Oregon @ #3 Washington - ABC - PAC12 Championship, winner is in

Saturday
11:00 - #18 Oklahoma State @ #7 Texas - ABC - BigXII Championship, Texas could get in if certain things happen.
11:00 - Miami (OH) @ Toledo - ESPN - MAC Championship 

2:00 - Boise State @ UNLV - FOX - Mountain West Championship
3:00 - #1 Georgia @ #8 Alabama - CBS - SEC Championship, Does Georgia still get in if they lose?
3:00 - SMU @ #22 Tulane - ABC - AAC Championship, Tulane is the top Group of 5 team right now for the bowl bid
3:00 - App State @ Troy - ESPN - Sun Belt Championship

7:00 - #2 Michigan @ #16 Iowa - FOX - B1G Championship, I do not see Michigan struggling at all on this one. 
7:00 - #14 Louisville @ #4 Florida State - ABC - ACC Championship, Some say if FSU struggles to win, they could be left out depending on what else happens. 

How do you see things playing out this week?

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Heart 1

24 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Championship Week is here guys and girls, there is a solid game in each of the time slots and I believe they will be competitive outside of the B1G game. Ill predict my winners by highlighting them:

Friday
6:00 - New Mexico State @ #24 Liberty - CBSSN - CUSA Championship, Liberty battling for that top Group of 5 bowl big

Saturday
11:00 - #18 Oklahoma State @ #7 Texas - ABC - BigXII Championship, Texas could get in if certain things happen.

3:00 - #1 Georgia @ #8 Alabama - CBS - SEC Championship, Does Georgia still get in if they lose?
3:00 - SMU @ #22 Tulane - ABC - AAC Championship, Tulane is the top Group of 5 team right now for the bowl bid

7:00 - #2 Michigan @ #16 Iowa - FOX - B1G Championship, I do not see Michigan struggling at all on this one. 
7:00 - #14 Louisville @ #4 Florida State - ABC - ACC Championship, Some say if FSU struggles to win, they could be left out depending on what else happens. 

I think it's going to be a mess for the Committee to sort out. 

Of the main games, I think Georgia, Michigan, Oregon, Texas, and Florida State will all win. So, the final four will be: 1. Georgia, 2. Michigan, 3. Oregon (jump FSU by beating undefeated Washington), 4. Florida State. Texas gets left out. If Washington beats Oregon, the order is the same.

It would get real messy if Alabama upsets Georgia, even if everything else plays out as above. Then you have:

• 13-0 Michigan (Big 10 Champ)
  • 13-0 Florida State (ACC Champ)
  • 12-1 Alabama (SEC Champ)
  • 12-1 Oregon (PAC-12 Champ)
  • 12-1 Texas (Big 12 Champ)
  • 12-1 Georgia 
  • 12-1 Washington

No idea how the Committee would rank those teams. Oregon has been consistently ranked of Texas and Alabama, and Texas has been consistently ahead of Alabama (by virtue of the head-to-head win in Tuscaloosa), but Alabama would then have the best win of the season. I think the Committee would rank them as follows: 1. Michigan, 2. Alabama, 3. Oregon, 4. Florida State. Texas gets left out.

Does Georgia get left out? I don't think you can put them in over Oregon because the PAC-12 has been the best conference all year and they would just have knocked off an undefeated, #3 Washington, avenging their only loss of the season. Would Georgia get in over undefeated Florida State? I honestly don't know.

I bet the Committee is really hoping that Georgia and Louisville win because then everything slots in nicely: 1. Georgia, 2. Michigan, 3. Oregon/Washington, 4. Texas.

• Heart 1

Alabama winning would absolutely wreck things for the committee.  I agree with the order you put them in, but Texas would definitely have something to say... would FSU without their QB change things at all. If FSU barely beats Louisville in an ugly game, some would say they do not belong in, but do you punish an undefeated team?

Edited by NDhoosier
  • Flames 1

42 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

Friday

Saturday

I would agree with all of your picks except for Louisville vs Florida State. I think FSU will win and make it into the CFP.

In all honesty though, all I want to see is for Georgia to beat Alabama. I would just hate to see Alabama get in, because we all know it will happen due to the bias the CFB world has for the SEC if Alabama did beat Georgia.

It’s what happened back in 2021, when Alabama beat Georgia. You will not convince me otherwise that Georgia did not throw that game just so the SEC could get two teams in, which it did that year, and the CFPCG was the SECCG all over again. 🙄 I watched the game, and you could clearly see Stetson Bennett intentionally throwing INTs. Also, how did Georgia’s defense forget how to play defense in this one game!?

Man, I really do hate what the SEC has done to CFB! 😑

8 minutes ago, tneun89 said:

I think it's going to be a mess for the Committee to sort out. 

Of the main games, I think Georgia, Michigan, Oregon, Texas, and Florida State will all win. So, the final four will be: 1. Georgia, 2. Michigan, 3. Oregon (jump FSU by beating undefeated Washington), 4. Florida State. Texas gets left out. If Washington beats Oregon, the order is the same.

It would get real messy if Alabama upsets Georgia, even if everything else plays out as above. Then you have:

• 13-0 Michigan (Big 10 Champ)
  • 13-0 Florida State (ACC Champ)
  • 12-1 Alabama (SEC Champ)
  • 12-1 Oregon (PAC-12 Champ)
  • 12-1 Texas (Big 12 Champ)
  • 12-1 Georgia 
  • 12-1 Washington

No idea how the Committee would rank those teams. Oregon has been consistently ranked of Texas and Alabama, and Texas has been consistently ahead of Alabama (by virtue of the head-to-head win in Tuscaloosa), but Alabama would then have the best win of the season. I think the Committee would rank them as follows: 1. Michigan, 2. Alabama, 3. Oregon, 4. Florida State. Texas gets left out.

Does Georgia get left out? I don't think you can put them in over Oregon because the PAC-12 has been the best conference all year and they would just have knocked off an undefeated, #3 Washington, avenging their only loss of the season. Would Georgia get in over undefeated Florida State? I honestly don't know.

I bet the Committee is really hoping that Georgia and Louisville win because then everything slots in nicely: 1. Georgia, 2. Michigan, 3. Oregon/Washington, 4. Texas.

I really hope that doesn’t happen, specially Alabama beating Georgia, and for the reasons I had mentioned in my other post.

I get that Alabama would have the best win if they beat Georgia but you cannot leave out Texas if Alabama wins.  The actual games on the field have to count.  Texas has to be in with/ahead of Alabama.  Obviously this is assuming Texas wins the BigXII.

Is FSU still rolling with their QB3 or was QB2 ok?  I know Travis is obviously out, but I thought I saw a moment during the Florida game where the FSU QB got hurt and had to come out of the game.  I don't know what happen after that, didn't watch much of the game.  

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I get that Alabama would have the best win if they beat Georgia but you cannot leave out Texas if Alabama wins.  The actual games on the field have to count.  Texas has to be in with/ahead of Alabama.  Obviously this is assuming Texas wins the BigXII.

Is FSU still rolling with their QB3 or was QB2 ok?  I know Travis is obviously out, but I thought I saw a moment during the Florida game where the FSU QB got hurt and had to come out of the game.  I don't know what happen after that, didn't watch much of the game.  

I would agree! Texas should be in over Alabama no matter what, but the CFP Committee is full of SEC nut huggers, so I don’t trust them at all!

As far as FSUs QBs go, not too sure.

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Looks like Florida State will be starting their 3rd string QB tonight.  

Also wtf is with this Nelly halftime show.  These songs were all popular when I was still in high school more than 20 years ago lol

Yeah, that’s pretty crazy! 😬

I was wondering the same exact thing! Nelly trying to bring it back! 😂

Yucky feeling that Bama is going to beat Georgia, though second half could go either way. If Bama wins I am betting they will be in. Suspecting that FSU is going to lose tonight.

I don’t really care if it is Georgia or Bama, just don’t want to see two SEC teams back in the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

Yucky feeling that Bama is going to beat Georgia, though second half could go either way. If Bama wins I am betting they will be in. Suspecting that FSU is going to lose tonight.

I don’t really care if it is Georgia or Bama, just don’t want to see two SEC teams back in the playoffs.

Still a ton of football to be played, and Georgia has been doing this all season.

And I really would love nothing more than to see the SEC left out of the CFP, and if Alabama wins and FSU wins, it could happen. If FSU loses, then who know what will happen. I’m sure Michigan will be fine against Iowa.

Let’s be serious, this games shows just how weak the SEC is the season. I mean, their OOC play was abysmal, and Georgia is supposed to be the best in the conference and they look so bad right now.

I’ll also say that one catch that Alabama had on 4th down right before the end of the half was an incomplete pass, but no official even attempted to review it, and Alabama scored after. 😑

These types of calls piss me off.  Like the sack earlier too.  The forward progress as Bond comes to the ground at the goal line should make this a touchdown.  Looking at these plays with a fine tooth comb to see that the ball was a cunthair from the goal line when his elbow actually touched the ground is dumb.  

And with the sack earlier in the game where Milroe didn’t think he was down but his ankle bone and a sliver of his calf touched the ground.  Dude, you were sacked.  Just because you happen to land on top of tackler instead of on the ground shouldn’t mean he wasn’t down.  I know the refs got the call right, but I feel like they let instant replay have too much of an impact on the game.  It shouldn’t take frame by frame instant replay to see his ankle and calf touched the ground when he was sacked uninhibited. 

• Flames 1

6 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

You guys know if Alabama wins this game both of these teams are getting in.  There’s no way the SEC is getting left out.  Committee is praying for a Louisville win tonight. 

If FSU wins, no SEC team will make it in!

2 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Go Iowa

While I get that, and always cheer against Michigan, we need Michigan to win in order to keep the SEC out of the CFP! Same goes for FSU. I hate both, but I hate the SEC more!!