Two more weeks....then what?

2 More regular season games...then what?  The Honey-do list can become priority for me again on Saturdays.  My kids are older, so the days of weekend city sports and coaching is over.  What do you guys do in the off season to pass the time?  Any fantasy football people in here?

Go irish!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

2 More regular season games...then what?  The Honey-do list can become priority for me again on Saturdays.  My kids are older, so the days of weekend city sports and coaching is over.  What do you guys do in the off season to pass the time?  Any fantasy football people in here?

Go irish!

Used to coach basketball but I’ve moved up a few times with my job and travel too much to be able to commit the time anymore to coaching. Weekends get to be the same as you with projects and doing all the stuff around the house I can’t do when I’m away. Kid will play soccer in the Spring, and hitch also becomes by busiest work time and then right into summer again

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Go irish!

Deer hunting will eat my first post season weekend.  I want to try and get pheasant hunting in some also, we'll see.  Then holidays etc.  College wrestling is starting up and Big 10 network usually has meets on every weekend.

I dig in on a LOT of podcasts, geopolitical stuff mainly.  Oh and new season of Curse of Oak Island started up too.

• Cheers 2

I kind of have a tradition where the weekend following the regular season is spent doing yard work in preparation for winter. After that, my weekends usually get devoted to inside projects. This year I am converting half of my basement into a bar (more like a sports bar with fully functional kitchen + a ridiculous variety of bourbon and whiskey + a couple beers on tap) since my son moved out and I got my basement back.

I am also experimenting with growing peppers indoors. I have some rare strains of reaper, ghost, scorpion, and habanero that it have started. I am going to build a small greenhouse and see if I can grow them over winter. If all goes well, I will have a new skill (useful since weed is legal in Ohio now 🙂 ).

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, IrishGuy said:

I kind of have a tradition where the weekend following the regular season is spent doing yard work in preparation for winter. After that, my weekends usually get devoted to inside projects. This year I am converting half of my basement into a bar (more like a sports bar with fully functional kitchen + a ridiculous variety of bourbon and whiskey + a couple beers on tap) since my son moved out and I got my basement back.

I am also experimenting with growing peppers indoors. I have some rare strains of reaper, ghost, scorpion, and habanero that it have started. I am going to build a small greenhouse and see if I can grow them over winter. If all goes well, I will have a new skill (useful since weed is legal in Ohio now 🙂 ).

Thats awesome.  I grow a few different kinds of peppers.  Some of my favorites that we have had luck with are Thai chili, Green bell and Buena Mulata (Purple chili).  We have a few tomatoes that do well here too in Florida this time of year among other things.

• Heart 1

• 2 weeks later...