2024 Roster Math

12 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Notre Dame is down to 89, if Rubio is permanently done, then it is 88. However, Rubio is a mystery on whether he will return or not.

I really hope Rubio is coming back in the summer. Obviously, no idea what the personal reason is, so hope he/his family are ok - but I still think he can be a great player at ND.

I would bet that ND loses 5+ transfers after spring ball when players get a better sense of where they stand on the depth chart. There are some obvious candidates who are currently buried. Remember, ND lost Buchner, Diggs, and Styles all after spring ball. I think ND loses somewhere in the 5-7 range, and probably picks up 2-3 guys in the portal, depending on the positions of the departing players. 

• Heart 1

Agreed, I think 1-2 of Olinemen will transfer after Spring practice when the depth chart is determined. I think Baumen will be off the roster as well. I think one of the CBs could leave. I also think there is a chance at least one RB leaves as well (Ford and Payne are the main ones I am thinking about). Then, of course, there is the likelihood that one of the QBs transfers.

4 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Agreed, I think 1-2 of Olinemen will transfer after Spring practice when the depth chart is determined. I think Baumen will be off the roster as well. I think one of the CBs could leave. I also think there is a chance at least one RB leaves as well (Ford and Payne are the main ones I am thinking about). Then, of course, there is the likelihood that one of the QBs transfers.

I could definitely see almost all of this happening too!

Attrition gets everyone!

18 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

Especially if someone buried on depth chart graduates in May, transferring somewhere else to get one season with playing time might be appealing.

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, NDhoosier said:

With the departure of the punter, Notre Dame is still at 88 (if you still count Rubio, but all indications are that he is coming back).

True, but Ford might not be back, so that should put them to 87.

30 minutes ago, Synoptico said:

Just surprised there were none announced yesterday. I imagine quite a few are coming this week

I was also surprised not to see any Irish jump into the portal. Maybe Freeman is having 1-on-1 player meetings this week and players are waiting until after that.

• Heart 1

On 4/22/2024 at 9:52 PM, Baldy said:

True, but Ford might not be back, so that should put them to 87.

Agreed, I do think Ford is gone as well. Just not subtracting him yet until it is official

With the loss of Micah Bell, Notre Dame is officially at 87 scholarships (this includes Rubio).

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NDhoosier said:

Agreed, I do think Ford is gone as well. Just not subtracting him yet until it is official

With the loss of Micah Bell, Notre Dame is officially at 87 scholarships (this includes Rubio).

Totally get that.

But yes, now they are at 87.