I will reserve judgement until Saturday night

22 minutes ago, nremdn said:

Not sure if you understand that pointing out that the offense was still really bad has nothing to do with my level of enjoyment. I can enjoy the victory while also acknowledging that the offense has really big problems.

It sure doesn't sound like it.  lol

Back to Purgatory we all go as a fan base.

offense needs lots of work still.

I had a feeling we would endure several of these types of seasons when he was hired. He does a much better job getting ND ready for the big games and lays an egg against inferior teams.

A different way to get to 10-2 or 9-3.

I think this is better for recruiting because they can see that our coach is capable of beating the big boys. 

• Flames 1

I'm not sure how the plays are coming down, but it has looked pretty bad.  I really feel like we have some dudes, and some young guys coming up behind them.  They have mostly executed well when we have a sound situational play call.  We're not getting beaten by better athletes or losing for lack of effort.

Good win, but it was choppy offensively Saturday.  If it's Parker, or bad schemes...they need to sharpen it up.  The OC hire is looking like every bit of the clown show we thought it was as it was happening.  But you'd think they'd be in committee-style play call mode by now.  Maybe it's Parker - maybe it's the process???

But if you would have told me we'd beat USC, but we'd have to take an L from Louisville, I would have signed up for that.  Hopefully we can start leaning on some teams going forward.  The line looked pretty good to me all night.

Edited by JeffV
  • Heart 1

14 hours ago, Baldy said:

Yikes! 😳

I would say if it doesn’t get better, he needs to be demoted at the end of the season! Just unacceptable!

He seems like a great guy, and I hope he can get things turned around, but it's hard to not be upset knowing this is yet another season of "what could have been" because of a unit that is underperforming at record levels. It's starting to feel like a Van Gorder 2.0 type of situation and I hate that because Parker seems like 10x the person that Van Gorder was. I get that the WR unit is not exactly ideal, but I'd bet there's about 100 or more teams that would love to have ND's WR room. Also, when you look at the raw talent in the o-line, rb, qb and te rooms it's hard to go with the people that claim the problems are all tied to the wr room.

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1

16 hours ago, Baldy said:

I completely agree with all of you.

Let’s hope during the bye week, then can evaluate and fix some of the glaring issues! 🤞🏼

Yea they have quite a bit of soul searching to do over the next week plus.  Let Parker do whatever it is that wants to do and while at it, they need to let Hartman take control at the line and do what he needs to do based on what he sees.  Golden can just continue to do what he has been doing.

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Yea they have quite a bit of soul searching to do over the next week plus.  Let Parker do whatever it is that wants to do and while at it, they need to let Hartman take control at the line and do what he needs to do based on what he sees.  Golden can just continue to do what he has been doing.

Yes, and I completely agree!

• Heart 1