I will reserve judgement until Saturday night

45 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

Build on your ideals and win and I’ll buy in.

Lay an absolute egg and my traditional patience for at least three years goes out the window and I’m gladly waiting for billboards and airplane banners calling for change.

My wife and I were both having this exact same conversation this morning.

If anything, and as always, the change will likely be with the OC, DC, and ST coordinators first.

Honestly, I’m still backing Freeman, and feel he’s still the right guy for the job. However, he’s ultimately responsible and has to do better as a head coach! I do believe he will be able to get things going in the right direction, and make the changes needed for success! Maybe not this season, but eventually!

I'm just going to copy/paste what I said in another thread because it fits here too.

I like Freeman.  I am confident he can get it figured out.  However, I would really prefer he have a top of the pack OC to help take some of the burden from his plate.  Someone he can leave all offensive responsibilities to.  I don't particularly have an issue with Parker.  Maybe one day he will be a fine coordinator.  I just don't think it is smart to have your head coach and OC learning on the job any longer.

With that said.  USC looks like they could be ripe for the picking as well.  They look just like the Riley Oklahoma teams.  All offense, no defense.  Luckily for us, up until last night, our defense has been playing well.  Hopefully they can hang with USC's offense better than they did last season.  Hopefully the offense can wake the frig up against a less talented defense.

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I'm just going to copy/paste what I said in another thread because it fits here too.

With that said.  USC looks like they could be ripe for the picking as well.  They look just like the Riley Oklahoma teams.  All offense, no defense.  Luckily for us, up until last night, our defense has been playing well.  Hopefully they can hang with USC's offense better than they did last season.  Hopefully the offense can wake the frig up against a less talented defense.

I agree with all of this! Very well said, on both accounts!

• Cheers 1

To me, so far, there’s Freeman the great dude, good looking, lovely family, and there’s Freeman the coach, mister nicey nicey, looks like he’s going to throw up during close games, questionable in-game decisions. 
I’m sure ND will give him 4 years. If he goes 8-4 for those 4 years, ND football will have been relegated to the category of also-ranks like Wisconsin, UCLA, and Oklahoma State. Get some good recruiting classes and occasionally have a very good year but not anywhere near enough to win championships. 
And, by then, ND will have had to join a conference, making it even harder to get into the playoffs. 
He really needs to win 9 regular season games this year and next. 
He seems like a terrific person. I’m sure every mother of every recruit wants her son to play for a guy like him. But the best recruits want to play for championships, play in the NFL, and make gobs of NIL cash. Sorry, moms. 

5 hours ago, ndomer4 said:

ND will make the USC defence look like the 85 Bears. There is no creativity in Parker's play calling. 

I  think it was just bad play calling especially on short yardage situations. What the hell was he doing calling that play to Tyree where we fumbled. Also the sweep to Love when the defense was stacked against it. Good plays maybe but they were being called at the wrong time.

• Leprechaun 1

54 minutes ago, ND_JACK said:

I  think it was just bad play calling especially on short yardage situations. What the hell was he doing calling that play to Tyree where we fumbled. Also the sweep to Love when the defense was stacked against it. Good plays maybe but they were being called at the wrong time.

Whatever happened to Mitchell Evans, who played QB in HS,  lining up behind center and taking the direct snap and making a first down every time he was called upon to do so in short yardage situations??? They needed that play at least twice against the Bucknuts and a few times versus Duke and L'ville.

• Flames 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, ndomer4 said:

ND will make the USC defence look like the 85 Bears. There is no creativity in Parker's play calling. 

Man, I sure hope not. But if Parker calls another bad game against USC and only puts up 14-21 points, then he should be fired on the spot!

2 minutes ago, Jersey Irish said:

Whatever happened to Mitchell Evans, who played QB in HS,  lining up behind center and taking the direct snap and making a first down every time he was called upon to do so in short yardage situations??? They needed that play at least twice against the Bucknuts and a few times versus Duke and L'ville.

My wife and I were saying the same thing. So aggravating!

I also want to know why Jordan Faison wasn’t used again. He was the only receiver that could take the top off and get separation!

Use them both more!

2 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

This aged well….

Not sure what you were watching, but did you see the drive charts on all drives not started on short fields and/or off turnovers? It’s still ugly. The defense won this game while carrying the offense kicking and screaming. The offense has SERIOUS problems against any team with a pulse.

• Flames 1

On 10/15/2023 at 12:08 AM, nremdn said:

Not sure what you were watching, but did you see the drive charts on all drives not started on short fields and/or off turnovers? It’s still ugly. The defense won this game while carrying the offense kicking and screaming. The offense has SERIOUS problems against any team with a pulse.

You are totally right, because I had said the same thing to my wife. Without the defense, we lose this game. Parker still can’t figure it out versus one of the worst defenses in college football. Yikes!

• Flames 2

32 minutes ago, nremdn said:

Not sure if you understand that the final score was ND 48 USC 20????

Try to enjoy the victories.

• Cheers 2