Freeman’s answer for that 4th down call?

32 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

Someone please share his post game wisdom on that gem… so I don’t have to wade through all the other nonsense.

I’ll see if I can find it, and will share immediately!

It was a dumb a** decision, simple as that!

I’ll also say this. I’m a huge Freeman supporter, but this game had me really questioning his decision making. A ton of people to blame here, but wow!! Not good!

12 minutes ago, Baldy said:

I’ll see if I can find it, and will share immediately!

It was a dumb a** decision, simple as that!

I’ll also say this. I’m a huge Freeman supporter, but this game had me really questioning his decision making. A ton of people to blame here, but wow!! Not good!

My thoughts exactly. I like Freeman but damn have there been some coaching decisions this year that are mind boggling 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

its a math decision. if you punt they take 2 minutes and you might not be off the field. If you make it your on the field. If they score a field goal we're on the field. 2 scores regardless.

Totally get it, but still insanely stupid in my knowledge of football!

I couldn’t find anything on that fourth down call. I’m sure someone asks about it in the post game presser. However, I feel this is a worse than that, or any other call for that matter!

If this was Joe Rudolph’s decision, I say to hell with him! And also for Freeman allowing it to happen! Just so dumb!

ON GAMBLING ON 4TH & 11 EARLY IN THE FOURTH QUARTER…

Two-score game. Right? And so, we played the percentages, hey, we either got to get a three-and-out, if we punt the ball, and hope that we get enough time to have two separate possessions, or you try to convert right there and play the percentages of...even if you don't convert here, you go three-and-out, you're forced to kick the field goal, and it's still a two-point game. And so that went into my decision.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-dame/longformarticle/everything-marcus-freeman-said-after-notre-dame-lost-to-louisville-217719631/amp/

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

Math decision or not, I don't like that call.  I give him credit that he stuck to his guns though.  Louisville gave him a time out and a commercial break to change his mind but he didn't.  Ballsy.  Stupid, but ballsy.

yeah he was trying to get hartman the ball back quicker and avoid the onside kick but the interception made it not matter

• Heart 1

12 hours ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

its a math decision. if you punt they take 2 minutes and you might not be off the field. If you make it your on the field. If they score a field goal we're on the field. 2 scores regardless.

Or, you punt and your D creates a turnover and score. Or, they go 3 and out and you block the punt.

You NEVER reinforce failure, which is what he did. 

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, domergirl said:

Just like the easy fg we could have made in the 1st part of the ohio state game, but instead of taking the points, he went for it on 4th and 1, and of course we lost by 3 pts. What an idiot. 

Wow, with the way you’re talking, you must be the best coach in the entire history of football!

But to what you said…

Sam could have been more aware of where the marker was and without a doubt picked up the 1st down. Honestly, I feel he got it, which the refs ruled he did on the field, but they overturned it because they were reffing! 😑

Also, those three points would have just tied the game, so who knows what would have happened if it went to OT!

Overall, it was a number of factors that led to that loss, and not just that one play.

I know you’re new to this site, but the whole point of it is for intelligent conversation, and what you posted is not intelligent. Actually, it seemed okay until you ended it with, and I quote, “What an idiot.”

3 hours ago, Baldy said:

Wow, with the way you’re talking, you must be the best coach in the entire history of football!

But to what you said…

Sam could have been more aware of where the marker was and without a doubt picked up the 1st down. Honestly, I feel he got it, which the refs ruled he did on the field, but they overturned it because they were reffing! 😑

Also, those three points would have just tied the game, so who knows what would have happened if it went to OT!

Overall, it was a umber of factors that led to that loss, and not just that one play.

I know you’re new to this site, but the whole point of it is for intelligent conversation, and what you posted is not intelligent. Actually, it seemed okay until you ended it with, and I quote, “What an idiot.”

Gee Baldy, sorry I don't meet your standards.  Too bad you think you're the smartest person on here.  I could do the same and insult you right back, but it's just a game at the end of the day. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1