Postgame - #11 Notre Dame at Duke (Win 21-14)

45 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Agreed…that’s a really bad take if he wants to rely on the kicker to win the game there. Take the god damn points like Estime did

Yeah, I said the same thing. Shrader is so unreliable, so I’m glad Estime ran it in for the TD! Never, ever settle!

• Flames 1
  • Leprechaun 1

If we improve on 1 easy thing right away, I'd hope it's cutting penalties.  One of those offsides Jean-Baptiste got called for, he wasn't even looking at the ball.  That's just basic fundamentals and needs to be cleaned up.

Duke's defense looked like SEC-caliber.  We'll see how they do the rest of the season, but outside of Joe Alt, every other OL on our side got blown up and knocked on their butt, some guys more than once.

• Flames 1

39 minutes ago, D Fence said:

If we improve on 1 easy thing right away, I'd hope it's cutting penalties.  One of those offsides Jean-Baptiste got called for, he wasn't even looking at the ball.  That's just basic fundamentals and needs to be cleaned up.

Duke's defense looked like SEC-caliber.  We'll see how they do the rest of the season, but outside of Joe Alt, every other OL on our side got blown up and knocked on their butt, some guys more than once.

I’ll have to disagree with this part and feel that’s an insult to Duke, because from what I have seen, the SEC has zero defense. At this point, they’re as bad as the Big-12. I would say Duke’s defense is B1G caliber. That’s more of what it reminded me of actually.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Baldy said:

I’ll have to disagree with this part and feel that’s an insult to Duke, because from what I have seen, the SEC has zero defense. At this point, they’re as bad as the Big-12. I would say Duke’s defense is B1G caliber. That’s more of what it reminded me of actually.

That Duke defense was legit. They have quite a few transfers and it’s pretty obvious it’s got Elko’s fingerprints all over it.

Edited by mcgov12
  • Flames 2

First they need to clean up all those penalties, can’t blame all of those on the refs.

Duke has a good D, a very good D and well coached. That has to have some influence on the ND offense struggling against them. 

Coming into the season, I thought ND’s best 2 DL would be Jordan Botelho and Rylie Mills. Now it’s clear the best 2 are Howard Cross and Javonte Jean Baptiste. 

Did Brian Kelly hire the reincarnation of BVG as his DC at LSU???

• Flames 1

10 minutes ago, jimbo said:

First they need to clean up all those penalties, can’t blame all of those on the refs.

Duke has a good D, a very good D and well coached. That has to have some influence on the ND offense struggling against them. 

Coming into the season, I thought ND’s best 2 DL would be Jordan Botelho and Rylie Mills. Now it’s clear the best 2 are Howard Cross and Javonte Jean Baptiste. 

Did Brian Kelly hire the reincarnation of BVG as his DC at LSU???

Agree.  Although I thought Mills had a good game.  When we crashed a LB inside, Mills shifted to the outside well to keep contain, he did what he was supposed to do and had a few tackles for little to no gain.

• Heart 1

I thought the defense played great.  There were some missed tackles but overall, they were more than solid.  The WR's need to get separation.  I am still waiting to see "the star" that is Tobias Merriweather.  I want him to succeed so badly but am not seeing it.

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

I thought the defense played great.  There were some missed tackles but overall, they were more than solid.  The WR's need to get separation.  I am still waiting to see "the star" that is Tobias Merriweather.  I want him to succeed so badly but am not seeing it.

Seems to be a confidence issue, or not being able to handle the pressure. It just always seems like when he needs to step up, he falls flat on his face every time! Maybe he just needs more time, but who knows?

• Heart 1

If any of you guys are on instagram and follow ndfootball on there, they just posted a FANTASTIC video of the last drive and fumble recovery on defense. Has all the audio from coaches talking to each other and a collaborative effort across the board. Highly worth a watch or three

• Cheers 2
  • Leprechaun 1

11 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Agree.  Although I thought Mills had a good game.  When we crashed a LB inside, Mills shifted to the outside well to keep contain, he did what he was supposed to do and had a few tackles for little to no gain.

Yes, Mills has been pretty good since game 1, though I think Howard Cross has been stellar this year. That’s a pretty good tandem, Mills and Cross. I’m pretty impressed with the D overall this season.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, mcgov12 said:

If any of you guys are on instagram and follow ndfootball on there, they just posted a FANTASTIC video of the last drive and fumble recovery on defense. Has all the audio from coaches talking to each other and a collaborative effort across the board. Highly worth a watch or three

Funny you should ask, because I just saw it and was about to post it. 😂

So here you go!

Go Irish!!!

• Flames 3

9 hours ago, Baldy said:

Funny you should ask, because I just saw it and was about to post it. 😂

So here you go!

Go Irish!!!

Thanks! I’m not on the Twitter machine and am generally a social media hermit for being two weeks away from turning 40.

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

11 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Yes, that is pretty awesome. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

Thanks! I’m not on the Twitter machine and am generally a social media hermit for being two weeks away from turning 40.

Of course! And I totally get that, so figured I would give you a couple options. 😂

3 hours ago, AnTostal said:

That may be one of the best ND football videos I've ever seen!  Thank you for posting it!

2 hours ago, InLikeFlynn said:

Holy crap I loved watching that.  Thanks for sharing!!

You’re both welcome!

And I agree! The ND Media Team did an outstanding job, because it really was an amazing video! ❤️🍀🏈

• Cheers 1