What are you looking for against Central Michigan

For me I want to see the youngsters continue to get reps and the backups (Angeli and Minchey especially) to get alot of snaps after a dominant first half.   I also want to see focus on the players and coaches on this game and not looking ahead to the game against OSU.

What say you?

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1

I am looking for discipline. I don't see the point in getting overly hype about a team that is as good as maybe Tennessee right now. We have 8 seniors on defense. Mind you we haven't played anyone yet. Ohio state and and USC looks better than we do. Teams like Michigan go away for a couple years and come back with this beast of a team they have. USC was horrible for a period there, but seem to put together a great NC type team that we will not be able to stop. FSU has been God awful and took us to over time ly. They are good this year. Better than we are.  We never get really really good. It's weird I know,  but it is what I see. Sorry. I just don't think anyone out side the players, coaches and fans care if we are good or not. Before everyone starts about college education. That isn't the only thing life has to offer you can do just fine without it. We need players if we are going to compete. 

You can't tell me Lou didn't cheat a little bit. Every coach complains about the admin....thats why we lost Lou and Kelley. Kelly I didn't like anyway. I pray for Marcus because this job and this fan base can make or break the rest of his coaching career. Yall have a blessed evening. 

2 hours ago, Morgandonor said:

I am looking for discipline. I don't see the point in getting overly hype about a team that is as good as maybe Tennessee right now. We have 8 seniors on defense. Mind you we haven't played anyone yet. Ohio state and and USC looks better than we do. Teams like Michigan go away for a couple years and come back with this beast of a team they have. USC was horrible for a period there, but seem to put together a great NC type team that we will not be able to stop. FSU has been God awful and took us to over time ly. They are good this year. Better than we are.  We never get really really good. It's weird I know,  but it is what I see. Sorry. I just don't think anyone out side the players, coaches and fans care if we are good or not. Before everyone starts about college education. That isn't the only thing life has to offer you can do just fine without it. We need players if we are going to compete. 

You can't tell me Lou didn't cheat a little bit. Every coach complains about the admin....thats why we lost Lou and Kelley. Kelly I didn't like anyway. I pray for Marcus because this job and this fan base can make or break the rest of his coaching career. Yall have a blessed evening. 

I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to disagree with everything you have said here.

Do we really know Ohio State and USC are that good? Last I checked, Ohio State and USC have played close to the same level of competition as Notre Dame, right? With that being said, they haven’t played anyone yet either. And FSU? 🤣 They beat LSU down, but that’s all I have seen so far. I think that says more about Big Game Brian than FSU. So, why would that mean they’re better than Notre Dame? And if Michigan is a “beast of a team” they wouldn’t have gotten destroyed by Georgia in 2021 and lost to a mediocre TCU in 2022.

To me, it sounds like you’re using the transitive property here, and we all know that doesn’t work in CFB.

Kelly left because he’s weak, and an egotistical jerk, who didn’t want to recruit anymore. Freeman is completely different than that. He has one of the best coaching staffs in CFB, and is making recruiting a priority. He’s also a good person, with great morals and values and has the right vision for the program. So far, he is proving Kelly wrong, by recruiting better than he did towards the end of his time at Notre Dame. Even if Kelly could recruit better, and he is doing well at LSU in that regard, Freeman and his staff will do a much better job developing that talent and making them amazing players. We all know Kelly could never do that, and it showed in all of his QBs!

I have all the faith in Freeman, in that he will do great things for ND. More so than Kelly ever did!

• Flames 2

On 9/12/2023 at 9:02 AM, TexasDomer said:

What am I looking for?  A way to watch it without Peacock

I think it was probably two months ago. I got a email from Peacock giving me a year subscription for on 5.99. I did it knowing I’d be watching ND football soon.  I don’t remember the code but maybe they still have that discount.
Also, I don’t have cable but stream. Not sure if it’s my internet(which I don’t have any trouble with with any other apps) but Peacock tends to keep freezing and replaying every minute. That really is frustrating. Maybe that won’t happen to you. 

Domination baby! 😆

Seriously though, I want to see much of the same as we saw against TSU.

Offense: Playing mistake free and disciplined football, and spread the ball around even more. Like, let’s get Flores involved, along with Evans, Thomas, Colzie, and Marriweather.

Defense: I want to see the same pressures, but this time, get some sacks. Botelho has been very quiet, and I want to see more of Jean-Baptiste, Sneed, Bowen and Burnham.

Specail Teams: Seem so close to a punt block, but just not yet. Kicking and punting look good though, and only complaint I have is I wish Shrader was a bit more accurate.

Once those requirements are metBackups in and getting reps by the 4th Quarter.

All of that happens, and I’ll be a happy boy. 😁

8 hours ago, coltssb said:

I think it was probably two months ago. I got a email from Peacock giving me a year subscription for on 5.99. I did it knowing I’d be watching ND football soon.  I don’t remember the code but maybe they still have that discount.
Also, I don’t have cable but stream. Not sure if it’s my internet(which I don’t have any trouble with with any other apps) but Peacock tends to keep freezing and replaying every minute. That really is frustrating. Maybe that won’t happen to you. 

I don't have any cable connections either.  We stream everything in my house.  I never have these issues with Peacock.  Have you contacted them about it?