What are you looking for against Central Michigan

Obviously like everyone else, I want us to get out of this game with no injuries to key starters and/ or Oline. I would really like to see continued use of the TEs in seam routes and across the middle. I would also like to see some development and creativity in the slot receiver position. Seems like we don’t utilize crossing routes or screen passes (RB & WR) frequently enough. 

On 9/12/2023 at 11:25 PM, Baldy said:

I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to disagree with everything you have said here.

Do we really know Ohio State and USC are that good? Last I checked, Ohio State and USC have played close to the same level of competition as Notre Dame, right? With that being said, they haven’t played anyone yet either. And FSU? 🤣 They beat LSU down, but that’s all I have seen so far. I think that says more about Big Game Brian than FSU. So, why would that mean they’re better than Notre Dame? And if Michigan is a “beast of a team” they wouldn’t have gotten destroyed by Georgia in 2021 and lost to a mediocre TCU in 2022.

To me, it sounds like you’re using the transitive property here, and we all know that doesn’t work in CFB.

Kelly left because he’s weak, and an egotistical jerk, who didn’t want to recruit anymore. Freeman is completely different than that. He has one of the best coaching staffs in CFB, and is making recruiting a priority. He’s also a good person, with great morals and values and has the right vision for the program. So far, he is proving Kelly wrong, by recruiting better than he did towards the end of his time at Notre Dame. Even if Kelly could recruit better, and he is doing well at LSU in that regard, Freeman and his staff will do a much better job developing that talent and making them amazing players. We all know Kelly could never do that, and it showed in all of his QBs!

I have all the faith in Freeman, in that he will do great things for ND. More so than Kelly ever did!

I am just saying....are you watching rightnow. It is a mess on defense. 

I am pretty sure ohio state has better athletes than Central Michigan. 

28 minutes ago, Morgandonor said:

I am just saying....are you watching rightnow. It is a mess on defense. 

I am pretty sure ohio state has better athletes than Central Michigan. 

And the Ohio State game against Western Kentucky is even closer in score than the ND game.  I am not watching though so I cannot comment on the play of OSU.  Take that for what you will.

Mine was close, but not quite there. Love that I saw more of Flores, and more of Merriweather in the first half.

Defense was bad in the first half. Still getting pressures, but no sacks! What, did they have one, or none? 🙄

Special teams was also meh! At least Shrader did a better job, but that kick out of bounds was unacceptable!

On 9/13/2023 at 9:29 PM, FaithInIrish Forever said:

I looking for what I always look for

200-300 Passing

150-250 Rushing

40+ points

Less than 20 points allowed

They've spoiled me this year mosr years I say 30+ points. As soon as I saw Hartman's efficiency and Parker's simpler approach to offense,, I'm hooked.

Check, Check, Check and Check. I'm happy.

• Heart 1