What to Watch - Week 2

Agreed - not really a great start to the season in terms of big time matchups. 

Two seasons ago, I would have laughed at the thought of sitting through Kansas/Illinois, but I think that will be a good start to the weekend.

I'm interested in Colorado/Nebraska to see how Colorado fares against what should be a much better defense, but also to see how Nebraska ends up losing this game in the Fourth Quarter - they're on a quite a run. Would love to see Nebraska win this one, as I'm already sick of Deion (his presser was obnoxious).

I hope Ole Miss/Tulane is a good game, but I think Ole Miss could wind up being really good this season. Ole Miss is a 7.5 favorite, but I could see them winning by 2-3 TDs. Too much firepower on offense.

Not much needs to be said about Texas/Alabama. Curious to see if Milroe looks as good as he did last week. Rooting for Texas, but I really hate both teams.

I think Oregon/Texas Tech will be a sneaky good game. Oregon obliterated their FCS opponent (when is the last time a team put up 80+ points in a game?), and Tech looked awful at Wyoming in their OT loss. But I think TT is better than that, and I expect a much better game for them in Lubbock. 

• Cheers 2

No love for future ACC opponents SMU, Cal, and Stanford?  I can't wait to play SMU in their 32,000 seat stadium in a couple years.

I'll have to watch Texas A&M v Miami.  Two teams that should be pretty good.  Bling-alicious.

I've never bought in to Tulane.  If they beat Ole Miss, maybe I'll start paying more attention.

Isn't Colorado "must see" TV now?  Admit it everyone, you'll be following the score and might even tune in for a while if it weren't being played at the same time as ND's game.  And if ND is faltering down the stretch, I'll probably switch over to that game just to maintain my sanity.

Texas v 'Bama.  Could have a Buchner sighting.  That is, if you don't have Charter/Spectrum, 'cause ESPN won't be on if you do.

Thanks for doing these weekly game updates.  Helps me plan my weekends!

Edited by AnTostal
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

Isn't Colorado "must see" TV now?  Admit it everyone, you'll be following the score and might even tune in for a while if it weren't being played at the same time as ND's game.  And if ND is faltering down the stretch, I'll probably switch over to that game just to maintain my sanity.

I think Deion has done a fantastic job and generating hype for a program that was considered dead and unable to be revived. However, I agree with tneun89, his presser was aggravating and rubbed me the wrong way.

You are welcome, it helps me organize my weekend as well as I watch college football all day long when I can. The Thursday/Fridays games are awful, but they could be something to have on in the background.

Thanks for doing this NDHoosier!

A better slate of games compared to last week, but not by much.

Yeah Colorado/Nebraska. Hoping for Nebraska here, also interested to see how CU does against some better D's. Deion is, well, Deion, for better or for worse.

Illini and Kansas - probably a close game but also not an exiting one either.

Texas A&M/Miami - hard to root for either of these two. Hope they both fall flat. Could be a pretty good game though.

Texas/Alabama - I think Texas really hasn't done that much under Sark, outside of beating bama last season. I question their early season #11 ranking. Don't think they will win this one, but they could make it interesting. 

My guess is UCLA over San Diego St and USC over Stanford, and neither game is close.

And ND will have a fairly easy time against NC St, unless there's a hurricane on the way. Oh wait, we don't have that coach anymore.

• Cheers 2

I friging love that Brian Kelly pulled a Brian Kelly and said that LSU was going to roll into Tallahassee and "Beat the heck out of Florida State" and then flat out denies saying it 🤣.  Please don't ever change chump Kel I mean coach Kelly.
https://www.si.com/college/2023/09/02/lsu-brian-kelly-florida-state-brash-prediction-week-1

“There are still areas that are going to need to be improved. We’re going to take 15 freshmen on this trip and 14 transfers so nearly 40% of this travel roster are going to go overnight for the first time with LSU. And that’s not a disclaimer of any kind, we’re going to beat the heck out of Florida State,” 

https://www.si.com/college/fsu/football/brian-kelly-attempts-to-walk-back-comments-he-made-prior-to-blowout-loss-against-florida-state

"I think you all know me. I'm pretty careful with what I say and how I say it. Never have I been cavalier or disrespectful to an opponent in my 33 years," Kelly said on Tuesday. "So if somebody wants to prop up a comment like that and inflate it into something that it is not, that's what social media is about today but I have nothing but the utmost respect for coach Norvell. I know who the opponent was. It's just not in my background or nature to make those kinds of comments."

"The position of head coach or any leadership position, you're going to get things thrown out there that are absolutely untrue and you have no way to combat them," Kelly continued. "You can just sometimes throw stuff out there and hope it sticks but that's not something that I would ever say."

• Laughing Leprechaun 2

Hard to admit I’m on the bama side tonight. Won’t use the word “rooting” for them. Texas has become a major disliked school for me. Had to deal with Card’s father (I know, he transferred) for my job when we cut them out due to nonstop price hikes that did not match market conditions. He was the epitome of complete and utter dbag

10 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Hard to admit I’m on the bama side tonight. Won’t use the word “rooting” for them. Texas has become a major disliked school for me. Had to deal with Card’s father (I know, he transferred) for my job when we cut them out due to nonstop price hikes that did not match market conditions. He was the epitome of complete and utter dbag

Honestly, I think Ewers is probably a dbag as well, but I will never root for Bama. Ill be cheering hard for Texas tonight. The SEC has done terrible these last two weeks out of conference against power5 schools, I want it to continue.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, FaithInIrish Forever said:

13-3 Texas. I get this kid is fast, but could Buchner struggled this much in practice?

My wife and I are so cheering for Texas, and similar to how we cheer for Notre Dame! 😂 The reason is I just hate Alabama, and mainly the SEC, so much!!

And yes, because Buchner just isn’t that good.