Will College GameDay come to South Bend?

I may or may not have glanced ahead to the week 4 lineup… Obviously not putting the card before the horse, but assuming the same team we’ve seen in Week 1 & 2 or I guess it’s technically 0 & 1 shows up this weekend in Raleigh… It should be a top 10, maybe top 5, matchup in South Bend. The other two matchups it could be would be Ole Miss Alabama or Clemson Florida State… But heck, Clemson may not make it out of tonight. I’ve never been on the GameDay set… Just thought it’d be fun and add to the ridiculous buzz. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, NDFBL19 said:

I may or may not have glanced ahead to the week 4 lineup… Obviously not putting the card before the horse, but assuming the same team we’ve seen in Week 1 & 2 or I guess it’s technically 0 & 1 shows up this weekend in Raleigh… It should be a top 10, maybe top 5, matchup in South Bend. The other two matchups it could be would be Ole Miss Alabama or Clemson Florida State… But heck, Clemson may not make it out of tonight. I’ve never been on the GameDay set… Just thought it’d be fun and add to the ridiculous buzz. 

If Notre Dame and tOSU are both undefeated and ranked in the Top 10 when the play, I have no doubt it will be the GameDay game!

• Heart 3

I don't think Clemson/FSU is a possibility anymore. It could be Ole Miss/Bama, but those teams could both lose this week (Ole Miss vs. Tulane and Bama vs. Texas).

The one I think could be the biggest challenge is Colorado/Oregon. If it's an ESPN/ABC game, then I think they will pick that one for sure.

Two things going against ND/OSU: (1) they were at that game last year in the Horseshoe, and (2) they would rather promote an ESPN/ABC game than an NBC game.

• Heart 1

Good point tneun… I didn’t even catch the Oregon Colorado matchup yesterday because I had the Top 25 filter on for both teams. And they’ll most definitely be ranked now. As bizarre as this sounds though… I could see Nebraska raining in Colorado’s parade this week. Nebraska isn’t afraid to muck it up and just run the ball 45 times. They should’ve beat Minnesota, just unraveled in typical Nebraska fashion.

• Heart 1

Just remember the powers that be at "BS PN" will do anything to NOT promote ND in any way shape or form because of ND's deal with NBC. That being said, chances are one of those other match-ups are chosen, especially Colorado as "Prime Time" has become the darling of the college football world. If they can avoid South Bend, bet they will.

On 9/5/2023 at 12:09 PM, Jersey Irish said:

Just remember the powers that be at "BS PN" will do anything to NOT promote ND in any way shape or form because of ND's deal with NBC. That being said, chances are one of those other match-ups are chosen, especially Colorado as "Prime Time" has become the darling of the college football world. If they can avoid South Bend, bet they will.

I think this is somewhat antiquated thinking...

I do think there is some credence to the fact that ESPN wants to promote the matchups their invested in… But they still are vested in the ACC and a strong ND only helps them with future ABC/ESPN matchups… Now they have absolutely no vested interest in anything Big Ten at all, so yeah, I can see if Colorado Oregon is a marque game they could possibly opt for that… But still seems ridiculous an unbeaten matchup against two top 5 brands in all of college football wouldn’t be where they go.

• Cheers 1
  • Leprechaun 1

I do think there is some credence to the fact that ESPN wants to promote the matchups their invested in… But they still are vested in the ACC and a strong ND only helps them with future ABC/ESPN matchups… Now they have absolutely no vested interest in anything Big Ten at all, so yeah, I can see if Colorado Oregon is a marque game they could possibly opt for that… But still seems ridiculous an unbeaten matchup against two top 5 brands in all of college football wouldn’t be where they go.

100% agree. If ND and Ohio St are both undefeated, I don’t know how it isn’t the gameday location.whether true or not, any questions about bias would certainly gain some ground there.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, NDFBL19 said:

*they’re

I suck. Lol.

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

2 hours ago, mcgov12 said:

100% agree. If ND and Ohio St are both undefeated, I don’t know how it isn’t the gameday location.whether true or not, any questions about bias would certainly gain some ground there.

Exactly how I feel, so we’ll said!

• Heart 1

On 9/5/2023 at 12:09 PM, Jersey Irish said:

Validated my stance this morning. PLACT sign is very prominent at the start of the Gameday intro as is the team a bit later...and Hartman is the mic'd up player interview today. PLUS in all likelihood, if you look at the schedule, we play 7 home games and a minimum of 6 road games - including a bowl game. Roughly half the games are on ABC/ESPN so they have every incentive to promote them.

• Heart 1

Game Day at Colorado this weekend.

At the moment, the Ohio St / ND game is the only game between two Top 10 teams. There are two other games between a Top 10 and another ranked team: #25 Iowa at #7 Penn St. and #17 Ole Miss at #10 Alabama.

I predict Game Day will be in South Bend for the Ohio St / Irish game. Too many eye balls who watch both teams not to be there.

• Heart 2
  • Flames 1

I'm with you JBrown.. Even if Colorado and Oregon are unbeaten... The fact they chose to go to see the Buffs this weekend pretty much confirms the crew will be in South Bend.  The buzz next weekend is gonna be wild. I can't freaking wait.

Hopefully ND fans will not have sold all their tickets to OSU goons. And I selected that word carefully, based on experience. 

• Flames 1

I've been monitoring the secondary market pretty closely for the Ohio State game.. I'd say judging by the total number of listings, not a lot of tickets actually changed hands.  There have only been roughly 500 listings or so on SeatGeek for that game.. Usually there are quite a bit more.  For reference Wake has nearly 700 listed and two weeks ago Tennessee State had about double that.  Not to mention the ask price on secondary right now drives up the price per ticket to well over $600.. I'd say that should keep a lot out.

• Heart 1