Irish Green Uniforms

10 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

I really am questioning my patience and loyalty to this program...

How so? Wearing the green jerseys or the movie parody to introduce them? I look at both as something that Rockne might support given his flare for showmanship 'back in the day...'

• Heart 1

I think ND is doing some things they feel they have to do to compete in today's college football landscape. 

I've never been a huge fan of the green uniforms.  Loved the Shamrock Series unis in Las Vegas last year though..  It seems like only Alabama and maybe USC don't change their uniforms much.  Even Ohio State and Michigan now change their uniforms several times a year.  

The video?  Corny to me, but I don't make my living trying to relate to 18-23 year-olds who have the opportunity to commit anywhere, and to transfer anywhere.  

• Heart 3

17 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

I think ND is doing some things they feel they have to do to compete in today's college football landscape. 

I've never been a huge fan of the green uniforms.  Loved the Shamrock Series unis in Las Vegas last year though..  It seems like only Alabama and maybe USC don't change their uniforms much.  Even Ohio State and Michigan now change their uniforms several times a year.  

The video?  Corny to me, but I don't make my living trying to relate to 18-23 year-olds who have the opportunity to commit anywhere, and to transfer anywhere.  

This right here is 100% accurate!

Let’s be serious, if you don’t adapt to the changing landscape, you’ll get left behind and never be able to grow and get better!

I think what they’re doing is genius and I fully support it!

I also think that by doing this, maybe there will be less scarlet and gray in the stadium and we’ll actually have a home field advantage for once! 🙏🏼

• Heart 2

41 minutes ago, Rocketsan said:

That video was almost as cringey as some of the junk being pumped out of LSU.

True. 
But…

it wouldn’t surprise me that students wrote the script, students filmed it, and students may have received course credit or even payment for it. No idea, really, but that’s something I’d try to work up. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Rocketsan said:

I am but I showed my players and not one could guess the movie...

Sounds about right. 😂 And I thought the same thing for the ND players because we know all of them were born well after Jerry Maguire was released in theaters. 🤣