Jack Swarbrick is retiring

5 hours ago, jimbo said:

It really depends upon your perspective. Pretty much every household in Asia has a rice cooker, if not 2. 

Watching football without the commercials yields a lot of blank/dead time or watching players standing around waiting on the commercial breaks. It’s probably better with the commercials to fill that empty time. Although on occasion, you catch the announcers on a hot mike when they think no one can hear them! 555

I can vaguely recollect from my youth when they claimed cable would eliminate the need for commercials, really, that was one of the selling points, IIRC!

I have a rice cooker.  Don’t judge 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

Honestly I wish I had a rice cooker.  My parents were always TERRIBLE at boiling rice in a pot.  It was always either not cooked enough and crunchy or it was overcooked mush.  My wife and I always buy rice from the local Chinese restaurant if we need rice.  We have no room to store another appliance or else I would have gotten a rice cooker by now lol.

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

OT but with regards to Peacock, there does not seem to be DVR capability when watching on a smart TV (with a Peacock app loaded). I watched the Purdue / Indiana MBB game last night and could rewind on a PC but not on the TV. The thing I like the most about YouTube TV is that they will automatically record anything you add to your library.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, TexasDomer said:

I have a rice cooker.  Don’t judge 

Who’s judging? My wife is Thai, we have 4 rice cookers. One is for cooking sticky rice. Believe it or not, she doesn’t know how to cook rice without a rice cooker! 

1 hour ago, jimbo said:

Who’s judging? My wife is Thai, we have 4 rice cookers. One is for cooking sticky rice. Believe it or not, she doesn’t know how to cook rice without a rice cooker! 

Replace “doesn’t know how to cook rice” with “can’t cook anything for sh!t” and you’ve described mine 

• Laughing Leprechaun 4

46 minutes ago, mcgov12 said:

Replace “doesn’t know how to cook rice” with “can’t cook anything for sh!t” and you’ve described mine 

My wife is very beautiful, but there is no way we would have wed if she couldn't cook!  Quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach lol.

• Flames 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 2

9 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

My wife is very beautiful, but there is no way we would have wed if she couldn't cook!  Quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach lol.

That’s actually a skill I learned to get a wife!  Gotta have an edge on the competition….

• Cheers 2
  • Laughing Leprechaun 2

14 hours ago, jessemoore97 said:

Too true!

My wife is a great cook and baker, so that’s how she landed me. 😜😂

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

On 1/17/2024 at 7:58 PM, mcgov12 said:

Printing this and sending it in the mail to your house...

• Laughing Leprechaun 2