Sam Hartman is Irish

Good news to hear.  Welcome aboard Mr. Hartman!  No offense to Coan, but this transfer moves the needle for me moreso than Coan did.  Especially considering the depth we have returning at RB, talented young WR and TE, as well as some very good OL.

Excited for spring ball now at least.  

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 1

2 hours ago, tneun89 said:

If ND can land another starting-caliber WR in the portal, the offense should be lethal next season. 

Playoffs a very real possibility.

We are fine at receiver… Merriweather, Styles, Colzie, Thomas, Smith, Greathouse, James, etc… there is more than enough talent here. 

Get two defensive linemen (preferably Lucas and another 4 star caliber guy) and the Arkansas Safety, then this is a playoff caliber team. 

Hartman’s season will tell us a lot about Rees and his potential or lack thereof. 

• Heart 2
  • Trophy 1

56 minutes ago, NDhoosier said:

ya, DL is the one area that we need more impact players. Botelho could be a break out player (not guaranteed by any means) but even if he breaks out, they would need another one as well.

DL and safety are a problem. Depth or a starter, however you look at it. 

• Heart 1

Loy cab’s Harper(safety/Nickel) from Okie State to ND. That would be a welcome. I’d still take Catalon too. 

DL seems to be the biggest need. Maybe Vaughn’s from Utah State?  I think ND will find somebody here. Just hope it’s somewhat if a difference maker. 

As for Hartman, all these metrics that I hardly understand seem to paint Hartman as a drastic improvement for ND. Throws a ton downfield. Takes more sacks and throws more int’s but has a better success rate downfield too. Buchner would be wise to learn from him for a year and then take the reigns and flourish at ND. 

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

Buchner would be wise to learn from him for a year and then take the reigns and flourish at ND. 

This sort of Homer thinking is actually a shame to see.  Buchner is done here - the entire program will be better off for it. I cant believe some of you still think this is a wise plan.   Bring back a horrible Senior QB in 2024 - who has pretty much ridden the bench for 3 years - to be the next QB after hartman.  You guys are obsessed with mediocrity and status quo