2023 College Football Playoff National Championship Game: #1 Georgia vs #3 Texas Christian

I must admit that watching this game makes me think ND is not that far away. ND has a D-line that, while not dominant, is really good. ND has good, and soon to be great, linebackers. Similar to Georgia. 
Buchner is better than Duggan. ND has a better O-line by far than TCU.  ND has a bunch of young, very talented receivers. 
Just design an offense using some originality, create an offense that optimizes the skills of your skill players, and ND will compete against anybody. 
This year’s ND team would not be getting this beating. They would likely lose, but not this badly. ND hasn’t taken this kind of beating in any of their big 3 games since 2012.

7 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

I must admit that watching this game makes me think ND is not that far away. ND has a D-line that, while not dominant, is really good. ND has good, and soon to be great, linebackers. Similar to Georgia. 
Buchner is better than Duggan. ND has a better O-line by far than TCU.  ND has a bunch of young, very talented receivers. 
Just design an offense using some originality, create an offense that optimizes the skills of your skill players, and ND will compete against anybody. 
This year’s ND team would not be getting this beating. They would likely lose, but not this badly. ND hasn’t taken this kind of beating in any of their big 3 games since 2012.

I, and a lot of others I suspect, would disagree about Buchner being better than Duggan.

• Heart 1
  • Laughing Leprechaun 1

6 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

Disagree. 

We shouldn't compare ourselves to TCU. Their roster out-performed their star rating, but is simply not great. We are still a few tiers below UGA, and the other factories. 

We either need an elite QB, improve overall recruiting, luck, or a combo. 

Our best chance, is a combo... 

5 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

If you haven’t watched Jack Reacher it is a good show too.

Yup. Watched it. I didn't think I'd like it. But surprised, loved it. 

Loved Jack Ryan. Probably re-watch S2 before S3. Might re-watch S1 and S2. 

Too tired to start a season tonight though. Still a bit work to do tonight, and can't even finish one cocktail lol. 

12 minutes ago, EddieAngel said:

I, and a lot of others I suspect, would disagree about Buchner being better than Duggan.

Wow. This is a new level of revisionist history. Buchner now is a playoff level QB. Lol..

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

31 minutes ago, jessemoore97 said:

Really good season.  I watched in a week ago.

Heard the same. I remember S1 well, and loved it. Fuzzy on S2 a bit, so will likely rewatch. It's a series I like to relax and focus on. Pretty sure I was rushed on S2 and didn't focus. 

Another series I'm excited about... Fauda S4 (Netflix). Great show. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Soko said:

Wow. This is a new level of revisionist history. Buchner now is a playoff level QB. Lol..

We may have the opportunity to see next year. Not revisionist, just hopeful. 
Having watched more TCU football than probably anyone on DomerDomain, I do think Duggan has talent. But I also think that Buchner, on this year’s TCU team, may have done at least as well as Duggan.  
Pure conjecture, of course. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

18 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

I'm considering starting S3 of Jack Ryan... lol... 

I was iffy on this season.  I had a hard time keeping track of who was who with all the Russians.  Without spoiling anything, this season was very similar to Hunt for Red October...minus the submarine.

17 hours ago, EddieAngel said:

If you haven’t watched Jack Reacher it is a good show too.

Loved Jack.  Looking forward to season 2.

• Heart 1

Just now, NYGoldenDomer said:

I was iffy on this season.  I had a hard time keeping track of who was who with all the Russians.  Without spoiling anything, this season was very similar to Hunt for Red October...minus the submarine.

Loved Jack.  Looking forward to season 2.

Great shows. Started Jack Ryan last weekend with the wife but she falls asleep watching anything, but still insists that I not watch ahead because she wants to, then after another repeat she’ll tell me to just watch it and she’ll watch it when she can