2023 College Football Playoff National Championship Game: #1 Georgia vs #3 Texas Christian

With my office being less than a mile from the campus, and having a sister who went there, I’ll just throw it out there that I don’t remember hearing anyone refer to it as Texas Christian. TCU, or the Frogs, absolutely. TC minus the U?  Not a thing. At least around here. 
And, this town is going nuts over what’s happened. Over-the-top excitement. 

Edited by AnTostal

10 hours ago, lazard said:

i give them credit for knocking off Michigan but TCU doesn't have the personnel to knock off Georgia.

They really don’t. I thought they might beat Michigan because I think Dykes might be a better coach than Harbaugh. Michigan has better players than TCU, but not by a dramatic amount. Georgia is just loaded with great players, and I don’t think Dykes is a better coach than Smart. I do like TCU’s OC, though. 

1 minute ago, AnTostal said:

They really don’t. I thought they might beat Michigan because I think Dykes might be a better coach than Harbaugh. Michigan has better players than TCU, but not by a dramatic amount. Georgia is just loaded with great players, and I don’t think Dykes is a better coach than Smart. I do like TCU’s OC, though. 

Interesting that the two Riley brothers are both top offensive play callers but their dad was not a football coach. Lincoln did get to work with Mike Leach and his brother learned from Lincoln when they were both at East Carolina.

On 1/2/2023 at 11:19 AM, AnTostal said:

With my office being less than a mile from the campus, and having a sister who went there, I’ll just throw it out there that I don’t remember hearing anyone refer to it as Texas Christian. TCU, or the Frogs, absolutely. TC minus the U?  Not a thing. At least around here. 
And, this town is going nuts over what’s happened. Over-the-top excitement. 

Texas Christian wins, 34-28!

• Trophy 1

TCU is out-manned at every position on the field, except maybe QB. 
And yet, they probably won’t get dominated like ND has in these types of games. 
Why?  They are well-coached. They do all the little things well. 
Watch how their OC calls the game. And the design of plays. This is an OC that gets the most out of the players he has. 

And (trigger warning alert)

I don’t think Duggan is a better QB than Buchner. Duggan runs quite a bit and does it effectively. He has a better throwing motion than Buchner but is not more accurate. I think Duggan is in an offense that is a better offense than the one created and called by TR. Just my opinion from having watched both play.  

Edited by AnTostal

53 minutes ago, AnTostal said:

TCU is out-manned at every position on the field, except maybe QB. 
And yet, they probably won’t get dominated line ND has in these types of games. 
Why?  They are well-coached. They do all the little things well. 
Watch how their OC calls the game. And the design of plays. This is an OC that gets the most out of the players he has. 

And (trigger warning alert)

I don’t think Duggan is a better QB than Buchner. Duggan runs quite a bit and does it effectively. He has a better throwing motion than Buchner but is not more accurate. I think Duggan is in an offense that is a better offense than the one created and called by TR. Just my opinion from having watched both play.  

They one or two receivers that are 4.3 fast or whatever. ND always seems to be lacking that. Well, the exception of Lenzy I guess. 

On 1/2/2023 at 9:38 AM, jbrown_9999 said:

Interesting that the two Riley brothers are both top offensive play callers but their dad was not a football coach. Lincoln did get to work with Mike Leach and his brother learned from Lincoln when they were both at East Carolina.

Video games my friend. You can learn alot by playing a lot. I wouldn’t be surprised if they weren’t gamers at one point. 

8 hours ago, coltssb said:

They one or two receivers that are 4.3 fast or whatever. ND always seems to be lacking that. Well, the exception of Lenzy I guess. 

They have a great, great receiver...Quentin Johnston (#1).  He was a .96 coming out of high school.  He'll be playing in the NFL for sure.  He is their main threat.  Cover him, stop Duggan from running, and it's game over.  

Except,

That's what every team has tried to do this year.

TCU has also done well in the transfer portal the last few years, and this year they are exceling.  

54 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

I'm heading home from work now.  Already warned my wife not to bother me after the kids go to bed lol.  Hopefully we have a bunch on here tonight to all watch together.  I'll hop on my phone once everything at home settles. 

i'd use the big forum(General ND) for it and then move it back here when its over that's just me.