Congrats to Brian Kelly on winning the SEC West in your first season!

Both ND and LSU are schools at which the true measure of success is winning a NC. Kelly failed to do so at ND and moved on to LSU. He may have won a divisional title (yippee!) but it is yet to be seen if he will be seen as a success or failure at LSU where the last three HCs all won NCs.

• Heart 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Both ND and LSU are schools at which the true measure of success is winning a NC. Kelly failed to do so at ND and moved on to LSU. He may have won a divisional title (yippee!) but it is yet to be seen if he will be seen as a success or failure at LSU where the last three HCs all won NCs.

Thanks @jbrown_9999

I think thats reasonable place to end this discussion. it is yet to be seen if he will be seen as a success or failure at LSU where the last three HCs all won NCs.

Colts and Okelly I love chatting with both of you. I hope that this disagreement doesn't overshadow what you agree on and that is Notre Dame is our team.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 9:15 PM, stdntDrvr said:

Saban left LSU for the Dolphins

Yup, for a little while at least. 

The conspiracy folks (at both LSU and Bama), believe Bama went after Saban as early 2000ish.. And Saban wanted to go to Bama earlier, but had a 7 year contract. He could leave for the NFL, but not to another CFB team. And IIRC, it is known that Bama offered Saban early year 2 at Miami, and some think in year 1 too... 

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, jbrown_9999 said:

Kelly did say that one of (if not the) main reason(s) he left ND was because LSU had recruiting advantages compared to ND. Not sure if this is what he meant.  😎

Guess the argument for more coeds goes out the window too.  Guess I'm old fashioned when I'd prefer the numbers flipped the other way and I was the only man in the room at a sex party.  Frankly in that scenario I wouldn't mind if I wasn't even participating as long as the girls were attractive lol.

Just now, coltssb said:

Interesting.  Wonder why after the bowl game?  If this was ND, those guys would of been out the door and ND wouldn't of either participated in the SEC championship or this bowl game.  I'll wait to see if true or not.  

Boutte changed his mind and declared for NFL draft just after this "party" was alleged to have happened. Sounds like he may have been shown the door. Some of the others have resigned their positions already.

Sounds like LSU might have been trying to keep this on the down low and and have the alleged participants leave LSU  quietly.

18 minutes ago, NYGoldenDomer said:

"She has a history of this sort of behavior"
Hot Dogs GIF

Lol. Sad they highlighted her. I suppose the guys don’t have that kind of history. Can’t stop laughing at the GIF. Love the fact that he is fired after the bowl game. Classic SEC. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

Just now, EddieAngel said:

Lol. Sad they highlighted her. I suppose the guys don’t have that kind of history. Can’t stop laughing at the GIF. Love the fact that he is fired after the bowl game. Classic SEC. 

We're going to fire you.  After you help us win the game.