Congrats to Brian Kelly on winning the SEC West in your first season!

On 11/13/2022 at 10:02 AM, coltssb said:

Les Miles did it. Then got curb stomped by Georgia in the SEC championship. Could history repeat itself? 

It's worth mentioning...

Miles in his first year at LSU, took over a team that Saban just left lol... He inherited a pretty good team/roster.

Also worth mentioning, UGA was very good (DJ Shockley's year),

and also... LSU lost their QB to injury (JaMarcus Russel) for that game... 

15 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

It's worth mentioning...

Miles in his first year at LSU, took over a team that Saban just left lol... He inherited a pretty good team/roster.

Also worth mentioning, UGA was very good (DJ Shockley's year),

and also... LSU lost their QB to injury (JaMarcus Russel) for that game... 

Should I be impressed?  Since 2000 there has been 6 NC's that won NOT in being in the South East.  Ohio State twice, USC twice, Oklahoma and Texas.  Guys like Jimbo, Les Miles, Gene Chizik, and Larry Coker.  All this tells me is if you have a good bag man and a school willing to do whatever it takes in the Southeast, you're more than likely going to win one. 

28 minutes ago, coltssb said:

Should I be impressed?  Since 2000 there has been 6 NC's that won NOT in being in the South East.  Ohio State twice, USC twice, Oklahoma and Texas.  Guys like Jimbo, Les Miles, Gene Chizik, and Larry Coker.  All this tells me is if you have a good bag man and a school willing to do whatever it takes in the Southeast, you're more than likely going to win one. 

Nice pivot attempt... So try to keep on the topic. 

You're post was an attempt to diminish BK's job this year. Shocked!

Your comparison was a fail. BK showed up and inherited a mess at LSU. A ton of kids leaving, a ton of de-commitments, no QB, etc.. Miles walked into a great situation at LSU, which Saban left for Bama. Sure, UGA should beat LSU. But that won't diminish BK's job this year. 

Why do you give BK free rent? lol

If you want to talk about bag men, that's another conversation. We have had NLI for a few years now, so bag men are now legal. ND should have the best bag men in the nation. 

11 hours ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Nice pivot attempt... So try to keep on the topic. 

You're post was an attempt to diminish BK's job this year. Shocked!

Your comparison was a fail. BK showed up and inherited a mess at LSU. A ton of kids leaving, a ton of de-commitments, no QB, etc.. Miles walked into a great situation at LSU, which Saban left for Bama. Sure, UGA should beat LSU. But that won't diminish BK's job this year. 

Why do you give BK free rent? lol

If you want to talk about bag men, that's another conversation. We have had NLI for a few years now, so bag men are now legal. ND should have the best bag men in the nation. 

All I hear is blah blah blah. Rent free?   hahaha. YOU are the one that mentioned Kelly in YOUR post. Not me. Again, reading is hard. But I should of known your obsession with me would come back out just because I mentioned something that may pertain to Kelly. Not exactly about Kelly. I think he’s in your head…

As for bagmen….Then why didn’t Kelly recruit better at ND?  Freeman doesn’t seem to be struggling and he’s dealing with a far greater crutch at ND with NIL than what Kelly did when he didn’t have it. Yes, you read that right. NIL is more a problem with ND then with other schools. They just can’t or won’t give a kid money because he wants it up front. Or else they would have Keeley and Moore right now. Fact. Moving on….

Let’s not try and bring up your fake numbers again and the mess Kelly inherited at LSU. You know the 38 you kept crying about forever. Wrong. I already debunked this. But anything to push your fake agenda again.  We can go go round and round with this. 
Here’s the true facts for you. Kelly still inherited around fifty some players. Some of them 5 stars. As mentioned before, running back, receivers, d-linemen. The one thing Kelly did do right was go get Daniels. Not because he’s spectacular. But because he can do what’s necessary to win games in Kelly’s awful offensive system. That is, run the ball when the first read isn’t there. Daniels can definitely do that. That’s what he was known for at ASU. And he’s 6’3. 
As for bringing in transfers. Haha. 12 of them. Kelly did nothing spectacular here that you keep trying to push. 
We saw it with Lane Kiffin, Lincoln Riley, and Mel Tucker. Riley has 9 wins and leading the PAC. Kiffin is second and was second last year in the SEC. Tucker was third behind Ohio State and Michigan in the b10 last year. It’s manageable if you are a football school with money and accepts anyone that can play foosball.  Stop trying to make it out more than it is. 

My mention of who has won it is exactly that. If you are a coach in the southeast you’re more likely to have a chance to win it. LSU in particular. That’s why your boy left. His words not mine. Easier path!  My goodness it’s frustrating responding to you. HIS WORDS. The fact is Kelly didn’t have the testicles to get the job done at ND.  He knew it and wanted that “easier path”. This isn’t even debatable by any pundit. So, why keep acting like he’s inventing the wheel? LSU has 3-4 championships in the last 20 years. They just won one two years ago with Ed O! Louisiana is a hot bed for talent yearly. Kids can get in there easily. Louisiana kids have grown up and are dying to go there yearly. All you have to do is offer a scholly. But but but…he did it in two months. Some of those kids were already committed and were never going to leave LSU. Some wanted LSU’s offer. 
Kelly took this job because he wanted money(lied about not leaving or looking around), and wanted an easier path to get talent and to win a championship. Kelly grabbing a bunch of transfers in two months and keeping his class together is nothing spectacular at LSU. If he did it at ND or Michigan then I’d be impressed. LSU…not so much. End of story….

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, coltssb said:

All I hear is blah blah blah. Rent free?   hahaha. YOU are the one that mentioned Kelly in YOUR post. Not me. Again, reading is hard. But I should of known your obsession with me would come back out just because I mentioned something that may pertain to Kelly. Not exactly about Kelly. I think he’s in your head…

As for bagmen….Then why didn’t Kelly recruit better at ND?  Freeman doesn’t seem to be struggling and he’s dealing with a far greater crutch at ND with NIL than what Kelly did when he didn’t have it. Yes, you read that right. NIL is more a problem with ND then with other schools. They just can’t or won’t give a kid money because he wants it up front. Or else they would have Keeley and Moore right now. Fact. Moving on….

Let’s not try and bring up your fake numbers again and the mess Kelly inherited at LSU. You know the 38 you kept crying about forever. Wrong. I already debunked this. But anything to push your fake agenda again.  We can go go round and round with this. 
Here’s the true facts for you. Kelly still inherited around fifty some players. Some of them 5 stars. As mentioned before, running back, receivers, d-linemen. The one thing Kelly did do right was go get Daniels. Not because he’s spectacular. But because he can do what’s necessary to win games in Kelly’s awful offensive system. That is, run the ball when the first read isn’t there. Daniels can definitely do that. That’s what he was known for at ASU. And he’s 6’3. 
As for bringing in transfers. Haha. 12 of them. Kelly did nothing spectacular here that you keep trying to push. 
We saw it with Lane Kiffin, Lincoln Riley, and Mel Tucker. Riley has 9 wins and leading the PAC. Kiffin is second and was second last year in the SEC. Tucker was third behind Ohio State and Michigan in the b10 last year. It’s manageable if you are a football school with money and accepts anyone that can play foosball.  Stop trying to make it out more than it is. 

My mention of who has won it is exactly that. If you are a coach in the southeast you’re more likely to have a chance to win it. LSU in particular. That’s why your boy left. His words not mine. Easier path!  My goodness it’s frustrating responding to you. HIS WORDS. The fact is Kelly didn’t have the testicles to get the job done at ND.  He knew it and wanted that “easier path”. This isn’t even debatable by any pundit. So, why keep acting like he’s inventing the wheel? LSU has 3-4 championships in the last 20 years. They just won one two years ago with Ed O! Louisiana is a hot bed for talent yearly. Kids can get in there easily. Louisiana kids have grown up and are dying to go there yearly. All you have to do is offer a scholly. But but but…he did it in two months. Some of those kids were already committed and were never going to leave LSU. Some wanted LSU’s offer. 
Kelly took this job because he wanted money(lied about not leaving or looking around), and wanted an easier path to get talent and to win a championship. Kelly grabbing a bunch of transfers in two months and keeping his class together is nothing spectacular at LSU. If he did it at ND or Michigan then I’d be impressed. LSU…not so much. End of story….

Fake... lol.. 

Please tell us...

• How many existing players hit the transfer portal after Ed's leaving was announced. 
  • How many de-commitments?
  • How many in-coming transfers?

Free Rent!!!!!

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

43 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

Fake... lol.. 

Please tell us...

• How many existing players hit the transfer portal after Ed's leaving was announced. 
  • How many de-commitments?
  • How many in-coming transfers?

Free Rent!!!!!

This conversation is as stimulated as a fog hat concert. Yawn. Time to move on….

Enjoy your NEW Notre Dame head coach…..

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

5 minutes ago, coltssb said:

This conversation is as stimulated as a fog hat concert. Yawn. Time to move on….

Enjoy your NEW Notre Dame head coach…..

I expected you'd run from facts.. you did...

And telling me to enjoy the new ND HC... You're one in the BK thread right now... And the one always bringing BK in other threads to bash... how about you "enjoy your new ND HC", and stop giving BK free rent. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

1 hour ago, OKelleyIrish said:

I expected you'd run from facts.. you did...

And telling me to enjoy the new ND HC... You're one in the BK thread right now... And the one always bringing BK in other threads to bash... how about you "enjoy your new ND HC", and stop giving BK free rent. 

Typical response. You’re so boring and predictable. You brought up Kelly and continue to do so. Move on…. Or go to the LSU tiger boards where you belong. 

• Laughing Leprechaun 1

Hey guys.

I'm going to try to moderate this because you guys are both Brilliant.

So i'm trying to figure out where this started? 

@OKelleyIrish Is your contention that Brian Kelly deserves more credit from the ND fan base?

@coltssb  Is it your feeling that he got credit like a 100 win recognition and a springboard to a new position?

Guys help me understand so we can meet in the middle. Thanks!

Just now, FaithInIrishForever said:

Hey guys.

@OKelleyIrish Is your contention that Brian Kelly deserves more credit from the ND fan base?

@coltssb  Is it your feeling that he got credit like a 100 win recognition and a springboard to a new position?

For me...simple...

Why the need to bash BK in multiple threads... especially in a thread a poster created to congrats BK (this thread).. 

We have a new HC. Why do some feel the need to continue BK bashing... 

Wasn't a huge BK fan.. I'm realistic though. And think we need to give Freeman patience. But not crown him yet. 

17 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

For me...simple...

Why the need to bash BK in multiple threads... especially in a thread a poster created to congrats BK (this thread).. 

We have a new HC. Why do some feel the need to continue BK bashing... 

Wasn't a huge BK fan.. I'm realistic though. And think we need to give Freeman patience. But not crown him yet. 

I'm not convinced that this thread wasn't created to stir the pot so to speak.

Kelly is a polarizing figure for sure.  Some feel like he "bashed" ND by leaving the way he did. Short Notice to another College team.

Reactions toward Kelly from ND will reduce in time. But its not really something to take personal.

He's a public figure.

Remember this?

9 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

I'm not convinced that this thread wasn't created to stir the pot so to speak.

Kelly is a polarizing figure for sure.  Some feel like he "bashed" ND by leaving the way he did. Short Notice to another College team.

Reactions toward Kelly from ND will reduce in time. But its not really something to take personal.

He's a public figure.

Remember this?

If it was created to stir the pot, then why mediate? lol.. 

Coaches get fired, take promotions, or simply leave, every year. And 99.9% of people would leave their jobs if they were offered twice the pay, and to the best conference in CFB... 

The posters bashing him because the way he left, already bashed him before he left lol.. So they should be happy, right?

And sure, he's a public figure. Not sure why that matters.. 

He gave us 10+ years. That's enough. If someone else can take us to another level, great. Let's go!

2 minutes ago, OKelleyIrish said:

If it was created to stir the pot, then why mediate? lol.. 

Coaches get fired, take promotions, or simply leave, every year. And 99.9% of people would leave their jobs if they were offered twice the pay, and to the best conference in CFB... 

The posters bashing him because the way he left, already bashed him before he left lol.. So they should be happy, right?

And sure, he's a public figure. Not sure why that matters.. 

He gave us 10+ years. That's enough. If someone else can take us to another level, great. Let's go!

Cause you  guys are both  cool. I didn't create the thread. I'm just seeing two posters viewpoints that I think are pretty close to the same saying it in slightly different ways

Your saying stop bashing Kelly

Colts is saying why should his record at LSU matter to us?

Your both saying LETS MOVE ON.  and I agree.

1 hour ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Cause you  guys are both  cool. I didn't create the thread. I'm just seeing two posters viewpoints that I think are pretty close to the same saying it in slightly different ways

Your saying stop bashing Kelly

Colts is saying why should his record at LSU matter to us?

Your both saying LETS MOVE ON.  and I agree.

How about..... I won't mention BK (unless in the watch/pick'em/cfp thread when relevant), unless he is mentioned first by others. 

Deal?

• Heart 1

Just now, OKelleyIrish said:

How about..... I won't mention BK (unless in the watch/pick'em/cfp thread when relevant), unless he is mentioned first by others. 

Deal?

whatever works for both of you. I'd never limit you.  I'm gonna work  on  moving on too(talking BK less too. My number of posts in this thread is alarming. )

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Hey guys.

Go look at my original post in this thread. Where did I mention Kelly?  That is HIS problem and Kelly is in HIS head. The man’s obsessed with Kelly and I. That’s why I had to put the breaks on my retort. It’s over. If I mention anything else and he takes it as a jab on Kelly then that’s a personal problem. But I won’t be as nice as I have been over the years…..