Congrats to Brian Kelly on winning the SEC West in your first season!

hes a good coach as his 8 wins demonstrate

Hes not a great coach as his 2 losses demonstrate

He decided to leave ND.

Why won't he leave our minds. We hired another coach who I believe will at least be good.

Kelly lost to navy his first year 

Want more:

image.thumb.png.aac2ceadc5ce85119d7abcfdd96a19cd.png

That happened man. Sorry to break it to you.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

hes a good coach as his 8 wins demonstrate

Hes not a great coach as his 2 losses demonstrate

He decided to leave ND.

Why won't he leave our minds. We hired another coach who I believe will at least be good.

Kelly lost to navy his first year 

Want more:

image.thumb.png.aac2ceadc5ce85119d7abcfdd96a19cd.png

That happened man. Sorry to break it to you.

For the record, though, that Navy team finished 9-4 after losing the Poinsettia Bowl. This Navy team is 3-6, not headed to a bowl.  

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, AnTostal said:

For the record, though, that Navy team finished 9-4 after losing the Poinsettia Bowl. This Navy team is 3-6, not headed to a bowl.  

Do we really have to do this? Navy has moved to a conference since then. 

image.png.f49ea7f2f785a31468ffd1dd2d577d1e.png

Source: http://cfbstats.com/2010/team/726/index.html

there's your 9-4.

Your move

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

Do we really have to do this? Navy has moved to a conference since then. 

image.png.f49ea7f2f785a31468ffd1dd2d577d1e.png

Source: http://cfbstats.com/2010/team/726/index.html

there's your 9-4.

Your move

It’s not an argument. 
Just adding context. 
Sometimes Navy has good teams that win 9 or 10 games. Sometimes they have teams like this year’s. It’s a good bet that the 2010 Navy team would drub the 2022 Navy team. Speculation, of course. 

Additional context: In 2010, new-to-ND coach Kelly probably (I haven’t looked it up) had very limited experience coaching against Navy or any military academy.  In 2022, the coaches are not new to ND and they have certainly coached against and even played against Navy.  Heck, yesterday the tv broadcast kept bringing up Freeman’s horrible, terrible, very bad day as DC against Navy a few years ago.  The point being, this group of coaches should know what to expect. 

Navy never gives up, they never quit. Against anybody. 

Edited by AnTostal
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AnTostal said:

It’s not an argument. 
Just adding context. 
Sometimes Navy has good teams that win 9 or 10 games. Sometimes they have teams like this year’s. It’s a good bet that the 2010 Navy team would drub the 2022 Navy team. Speculation, of course. 

Additional context: In 2010, new-to-ND coach Kelly probably (I haven’t looked it up) had very limited experience coaching against Navy or any military academy.  In 2022, the coaches are not new to ND and they have certainly coached against and even played against Navy.  Heck, yesterday the tv broadcast kept bringing up Freeman’s horrible, terrible, very bad day as DC against Navy a few years ago.  The point being, this group of coaches should know what to expect. 

Navy never gives up, they never quit. Against anybody. 

So would you rather have Freemans "bad win" or Kelly's "good loss" As a reader back then DomerDomain wasn't thrilled. I joined the next year.

Its no contest really.

• Heart 2

And my larger point before I stop posting on this topic.

Brian Kelly, was very good at moral victories, and participation awards. The king of ND's regular season. 

Well I promise you. Kirby Smart's goal is not just to win the "SEC east" thats a participation trophy. Smart's goal is to do what he did last year and win the whole thing.

Kelly took ND to the ACC Championship. Won the Big East. Congrats Kelly, your back at the doorstep. Hope you take the next step, but Green Goblin forgive me if I don't celebrate another participation trophy.

• Heart 1
  • Flames 1
  • Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, FaithInIrishForever said:

And my larger point before I stop posting on this topic.

Brian Kelly, was very good at moral victories, and participation awards. The king of ND's regular season. 

Well I promise you. Kirby Smart's goal is not just to win the "SEC east" thats a participation trophy. Smart's goal is to do what he did last year and win the whole thing.

Kelly took ND to the ACC Championship. Won the Big East. Congrats Kelly, your back at the doorstep. Hope you take the next step, but Green Goblin forgive me if I don't celebrate another participation trophy.

I’m with you, not against you. 

I do think Kelly is a really good coach, though. I’m also glad he’s gone from ND. 

You brought up that Kelly lost to Navy in his first year. He absolutely did. And of course I’ll take an ugly win over a loss. No question.  

I happen to believe the situations are not equivalent and was merely pointing out how I think they are/were different. 

I want Freeman to have 11 and 12 and hopefully 15 or 16 win (new playoff format coming) wins every year at ND. Seems like an ideal person to lead the program. 

• Heart 2
  • Leprechaun 1

Just now, AnTostal said:

I’m with you, not against you. 

I do think Kelly is a really good coach, though. I’m also glad he’s gone from ND. 

You brought up that Kelly lost to Navy in his first year. He absolutely did. And of course I’ll take an ugly win over a loss. No question.  

I happen to believe the situations are not equivalent and was merely pointing out how I think they are/were different. 

I want Freeman to have 11 and 12 and hopefully 15 or 16 win (new playoff format coming) wins every year at ND. Seems like an ideal person to lead the program. 

All good. You are technically correct.

image.thumb.png.4f41f73ba496c17d2d2f3313750e4832.png

image.thumb.png.b25bce7fc6ec2d70e237a43c5735fd1e.png

I would argue it be a closer 2022 Navy vs 2010 Navy Game then you think. 

That said. This was fun to me. 

I love you @Faithinirishforever.  You’ve been a big supporter of Kelly when he was here and pretty much up till now. So, no one can ever say you’re a Kelly hater. But I think you’re finally getting to where I am. Great for Kelly. He’s doing something he couldn’t do at ND. But I don’t need the elbow to the ribs every time the guy does something that everyone else has done at LSU. It’s like a bad rash that keeps coming back. Where’s the Hydrocortizone cream when you need it!  

• Heart 1

51 minutes ago, coltssb said:

I love you @Faithinirishforever.  You’ve been a big supporter of Kelly when he was here and pretty much up till now. So, no one can ever say you’re a Kelly hater. But I think you’re finally getting to where I am. Great for Kelly. He’s doing something he couldn’t do at ND. But I don’t need the elbow to the ribs every time the guy does something that everyone else has done at LSU. It’s like a bad rash that keeps coming back. Where’s the Hydrocortizone cream when you need it!  

If anything, given that LSU's last three HC's all won a NC, it would it would reflect poorly on a LSU coach's ability if he did not win one

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, coltssb said:

I would say I'm a steadfast supporter of the Head Coach of Notre Dame position. When Kelly had it I supported him. The moment he gave it up you been able to see 11 years of pent-up emotion come out. Marcus Freeman has the job. He much more aligns with my core values. Simplicity, Love the players(Love can be tough love too) and take accountability. 

• Heart 1
  • Flames 2